New International destinations for 2009-2010 ?

Currently US T/A Envoy equipped fly or have flown in the past:

PHL-BRU (3760 miles)
PHL-AMS (3736 miles)

And the plan is for ARN to be operated with a 757 next summer, which will be the longest one yet at 4009 mi

PHL-CDG is 3728 miles, so it's shorter. I think it's doable. But could CDG get more cargo then the above mentioned cities making it too heavy?

The route in question was CLT-CDG though, which clocks in at 4174 mi (Great Circle)

all US has to do is look at what continental does out of ewr.
That would be appropriate if US had similarly equipped aircraft. Just because they both have 757s with winglets doesn't mean the aircraft have similar capabilities.

That would be appropriate if US had similarly equipped aircraft. Just because they both have 757s with winglets doesn't mean the aircraft have similar capabilities.

Just talked to a CO 757 Capt. They can get 79,000 pounds of fuel on theirs by adjusting some (VTO??) switches. They have even discussed adding 500 pounds per side over wing but the fuelers in Europe say they won't take the time to do it.

Our 757's are limited to 76,900 but the VTO's always shut down fueling sometimes up to 1000 pounds less.

We are on MIN fuel a lot of times before we ever takeoff from BRU and AMS in the summer.

They have even discussed adding 500 pounds per side over wing but the fuelers in Europe say they won't take the time to do it.
They say it is a time thing but an engineer in Europe told me that there are safety and aircraft damage issues to over wing fueling. (One side of a 76 would only take quite a bit less than a full load, so I suggested over wing. The engineer explained the whys and wherefores of why not over wing as he activated the defueling valve to balance the load, seconds before that same valve disintegrated in a quite impressive, beautifully symmetric and quite high, fountain of jet fuel. It was amazing to see a European airport launch their fleet of fire trucks.) I let sleeping dogs lie after that..... especially there. :)

OMG!! I just heard that we got the contract at Christmas to deliver Santa's gifts because Rudolph's demands have gotten too high and the cost of reindeer food has gone out the roof. Freaking economy. WHAT NOW???? I never liked Rudolph anyway, that little attention wh0re. :down:

OMG!! I just heard that we got the contract at Christmas to deliver Santa's gifts because Rudolph's demands have gotten too high and the cost of reindeer food has gone out the roof. Freaking economy. WHAT NOW???? I never liked Rudolph anyway, that little attention wh0re. :down:
:lol: :lol: You just made me laugh! Now they are reporting looking at Victorville or wheverever they store the old planes for a freighter.