New International destinations for 2009-2010 ?

I hate to drop this little hand grenade on the lap, but US Airways will never serve Warsaw, nor anywhere else in Poland. They have a strong national airline that's a member of Star Alliance and they've got enough problems filling their flights already. US-Poland travel is best left to the state-owned domestic carrier, Lot.

Advocating service to Poland on US is like saying you want service to Bratislava... a fine place but simply not major enough for any US carrier to want to interfere with Lot's dominance on that market.

I know this has been rumored for a while but what about CLT to CDG? Also, anyone think that South America is something US is looking at out of CLT? Places like LIM, EZE, SCL, GIG, GRU, CCS???

I know this has been rumored for a while but what about CLT to CDG? Also, anyone think that South America is something US is looking at out of CLT? Places like LIM, EZE, SCL, GIG, GRU, CCS???

JetGuy here's a spicy chile releno flavored Frostys, I agree we should get a 767 or A330 to EZE...Profitable Market.

It's a shame we just closed Guatemala City :(

US Airways should really be looking at a PHL-DKR-JNB or PHL-DKR-CPT route. Not daily, but maybe 3 or 4 times a week. Tap into what SAA has to offer as a Star Alliance partner in southern Africa.

Wasn’t there some country in Asia were the Olympics are that US was awarded to fly to but cancel

Advocating service to Poland on US is like saying you want service to Bratislava... a fine place but simply not major enough for any US carrier to want to interfere with Lot's dominance on that market.

I didn't know BTS is in Poland?

If US wanted to serve BTS they should simply fly to VIE (VIE is ~25 miles away and is considered Bratislava's premier international airport since BTS is infected with super-cheap Ryanair and SkyEurope flights to EU).

If US really wants to exploit the Eastern European market then code-sharing with OS out of VIE is the way to do it. OS/VIE were building & selling themselves all throughout the 1990's as THE gateway to the former communist block countries as well as former CCCP and the Balkans. However, OS and DL already fly USA-VIE so there may be little room for US.

This is the airline that said it would not initiate service to China on time - and yet people are talking about other vapor destinations?

That's good news for the company and employees! Expansion is good, even if we don't always agree with the way decisions are made in Tempe.

Now here's a question - the flight arrives back into PHL at 520am.. then departs for TLV at 915pm. Will the 332 sit for the next 16 hours before it turns around again? Or will the 332 have a better use on the SJU route?

That's good news for the company and employees! Expansion is good, even if we don't always agree with the way decisions are made in Tempe.

Now here's a question - the flight arrives back into PHL at 520am.. then departs for TLV at 915pm. Will the 332 sit for the next 16 hours before it turns around again? Or will the 332 have a better use on the SJU route?
Is Good News! It will require two Jets dedicated to the route. What wild flying times though, arrives at 5:15am in PHL from TLV. But that is good news!

If I remember correctly the PHL-SJU-PHL turn departed PHL around 11am and then returned around 630pm. So there is a possibility for an SJU leg

Not that wild for TLV
CO EWR-TLV departs at 3pm (a little different than US)
CO TLV-EWR arrives at 5am
EL AL JFK-TLV departs at 845pm

Still don't like the talk about gates at PHL. Yes, US is stretched pretty thin but when you schedule 9 TA flts to arrive within an hour of course you are going to be jammed. And in addition to that LH and AF arrive during that time as well

Brussels Us Airways 751 02:54 PM
Paris Us Airways 755 03:11 PM
Barcelona, Spain Us Airways 743 03:13 PM
Madrid, Spain Us Airways 741 03:14 PM
Frankfurt Us Airways 703 03:21 PM
London, England Us Airways 729 03:26 PM
Athens Us Airways 759 03:36 PM
London, England Us Airways 731 03:40 PM
Munich Us Airways 707 03:42 PM

Why are both LHR and LGW flts coming in so close. Do they have a specific slot for LGW?

Will U.S drop any seasonal routes i.e GLA or SNN to facillitate new routes, these two routes
are not going good this summer, loads much less than previous years...

Latest posts

Back