New International destinations for 2009-2010 ?

But also look at EWR and ATL for example...those airports love their hub carriers...here in PHL its a definite love hate relationship...for example they gave three prime intl gates in Aeast to DL who has no intention of ever using them for Intl just to play macho games with US

I remember what a dog of an airport PHL was before we made it a hub...

What? PHL isn't a dump? Since when?

I know we will have problems with a 500a arrv because there are no other arrvs at that time so they will have to staff Customs at 500a for one flt and boy are they gonna be cranky!!!!
That's an interesting point. How does Customs staffing work in this kind of situation?? Does the govt. hire a crew to check in just this flight and then twiddle their thumbs for half a day waiting for the rest of the intl. flights to arrive?? Did US even consult with PHL customs about this kind of intl. arrival time (or do they even have to)??

That's an interesting point. How does Customs staffing work in this kind of situation?? Does the govt. hire a crew to check in just this flight and then twiddle their thumbs for half a day waiting for the rest of the intl. flights to arrive?? Did US even consult with PHL customs about this kind of intl. arrival time (or do they even have to)??
Cmon people! Yes customs will take care of this flight like they do any other international arrival to PHL withour pre-clearence.

Cmon people! Yes customs will take care of this flight like they do any other international arrival to PHL withour pre-clearence.

I never said they wont take care of the flt but that they will be very cranky....Like I said they wont open the door now til 100p sometimes so you have a choice of standing on the jetway looking at the plane and your watch waiting til 100p or putting the jetway on and standing in the doorway and not letting anyone deplane which could be dangerous since everytime I open a door on aTA flt I almost get trampled....so I always choose option A

I'm just wondering if they will take out their crankiness on the pax and believe me I have seen them do it more than once

I never said they wont take care of the flt but that they will be very cranky....Like I said they wont open the door now til 100p sometimes so you have a choice of standing on the jetway looking at the plane and your watch waiting til 100p or putting the jetway on and standing in the doorway and not letting anyone deplane which could be dangerous since everytime I open a door on aTA flt I almost get trampled....so I always choose option A

I'm just wondering if they will take out their crankiness on the pax and believe me I have seen them do it more than once

I think government runs a flex schedule in this case (ie split shift) Work a couple hours in the morning and a couple in the afternoon.

I also think in other cities they might work ports as well and travel between facilities.

hey, it's done in ewr for continentals tel-aviv flt and in atl for delta's tel-aviv flt as well. i am sure they will accomadate phl too. mayor nutter wants this flt . customs will be there at 5am and they will like it.

It just depends on your relationship with DHS. In most airports, they will accomodate you, but they demand communication and updates if/when things go awry... which with this being an A330 flight they may not have to worry about being there at 5am... 1pm should work fine :) :bleh:
PHL-TLV are BRAND NEW, to be delivered, A330-200s (2 of either C/N 1011, 1022, 1039 or 1041) NOT the existing, older, underpowered US A330-300s !! I sure hope you're not insinuating that all Airbus aircraft are unreliable.

The new TLV flights have been loaded:

Starts 7/2/2009:

PHL-TLV
915p 315p US796 0 332

TLV-PHL
1150p 510a US797 0 332

As stated earlier the configuration is 20J/238Y.

Only Envoy is bookable as of now, but that should change in the next few days. I wonder if there will be an announcement about there being a new seat (hopefully) for Envoy.

20 Envoy...would this be a configuration of 2x2x2 with an extra 2 up front like our A330s currently or would it be an NWA style configuration? It made sense for me to have either 18 or 24 you know.

20 Envoy...would this be a configuration of 2x2x2 with an extra 2 up front like our A330s currently or would it be an NWA style configuration? It made sense for me to have either 18 or 24 you know.

The new A330s will be configured for 20 Envoy, and are not the same as our current A330's, or the NWA configuration.

Preliminary European schedule for next summer shows LIS, GLA, and SNN back to daily 757s (all were 5/wkly this summer). ARN will be daily again as well.

The new A330s will be configured for 20 Envoy, and are not the same as our current A330's, or the NWA configuration.

Hopefully, it will be a true flat-bed seat, especially since they will be used for longer flights (UA, DL, and CO have all announced something similar for the majority of their Intl fleets as well). It would be nice if they would install it on the A333/B757 too -- I had the chance to fly Envoy recently on a 757 and the seats could definitely use some attention; I must say the food selection had improved though from when I flew it in Summer of 2007.