New International destinations for 2009-2010 ?

The new TLV flights have been loaded:

Starts 7/2/2009:

PHL-TLV
915p 315p US796 0 332

At least it leaves PHL late enough for all connx to make it. Dptrs for VCE and BCN are way too early ( both leave prior to 1900) and 1hr 10min connx just don't do it. Unfortunately, some of these tmes are dictated to us by foreign airports

Dptrs for VCE and BCN are way too early ( both leave prior to 1900) and 1hr 10min connx just don't do it.
Thanks for posting that.
It would seem that increasing the connx time might be a productive solution? Does US have that capability?

It will be interesting to see what US does (if anything) with the LGW routes now that CO will shortly abandoned it's services from both EWR and IAH. There are potentially a lot of business travelers who previously used EWR-LGW and don't favor Virgin and/or the chaos or inconvenience of LHR or JFK. I can't see US buying any additional LHR slots for CLT - especially at this time, so I'd speculate that very successful route will remain. The tradeoff may be the PHL-LGW 757 flight, which if ended would make a 757 TA available for a new destination - against it's potential of attracting high yield LGW *Alliance members passengers from EWR. An advantage of focusing (more) on LHR for US is that within the next couple of years, All *Alliance carriers will use the same Terminal (#1).

Any possibilities to see CLT-FCO next summer?
IMO, very low. CLT O&D to Rome would probably not be sufficent to offset any yield shortfall from connecting traffic, unlike PHL.

If additional 757s are etoped next year, I could see one used for CLT-CDG, however a ? now has to be will Parker respond to DL taking over the capacity from AF for the PHL-CDG flight next Spring, by starting a 2nd flight - with possibly a 757.

While opening new destinations should be a priority, few mention adding frequency to the routes US already serves. With 4 TA aircraft (752, 762, 332, 333) US should be able to move around its aircraft more than they have in the past. Just because there are more aircraft coming doesn't mean new routes need to be started. Being a good TA carrier isn't just about destinations but also flexibility for the passenger.

Can PHL-CDG be upgraded to 2x daily?
Can PHL-MUC be upgraded to 330?
Can PHL-MAN be upgraded to 2x daily?
Can PHL-MAD be upgraded to 2x daily in the summer? (762, 752)?
Will PHL-ATH be upgraded to a 332, because of potential range issues...freeing up a 762?
If US does find a niche in LGW with many US carriers dropping LGW flts, can that sustain 2x daily?

Also these 2nd frequencies don't even need to operate daily at first, but 3/4x weekly would be a start.

These questions really couldn't even be addressed with just the A333 and the 762. But now with the 752 and A332 US is not stretched thin on its TA fleet and can shift things around.

I see US heading to either TURKEY or INDIA for Europe. Parker has said in the past when we get long range AC he wanted to see TOYKO added.

IMO, very low. CLT O&D to Rome would probably not be sufficent to offset any yield shortfall from connecting traffic, unlike PHL.
I actually think it would do quite well in the high season since it could take some of the connecting traffic away from PHL, leaving more seats on the PHL flight open for higher yield O&D. I do agree though that it won't happen next year.

If additional 757s are etoped next year, I could see one used for CLT-CDG, however a ? now has to be will Parker respond to DL taking over the capacity from AF for the PHL-CDG flight next Spring, by starting a 2nd flight - with possibly a 757.

You won't see a B757 flying CLT-CDG; that's stretching the limits.

I see US heading to either TURKEY or INDIA for Europe. Parker has said in the past when we get long range AC he wanted to see TOYKO added.

I would say IST is a good possibility, especially with TK being in the *A.

If you meant India from Europe, that's a possibility but US carriers are flying US-India non-stop so the days of the European stopover are ending. If you meant India non-stop, the A332 doesn't have the legs for that unfortunately.

Will PHL-ATH be upgraded to a 332, because of potential range issues...freeing up a 762?
If US does find a niche in LGW with many US carriers dropping LGW flts, can that sustain 2x daily?

I think all of these are possible in the future, with the exception of the MAD one. MAN was actually flown 11/week with 757s this Sept. I agree ATH is a prime candidate for the A332.

As for LGW (or LHR), I've always though that a morning departure from PHL with a 757 would be a good idea.

Also, ARN will be a daily 757 next summer (with a slightly later departure time), so that will free up a 767 for another route.

While opening new destinations should be a priority, few mention adding frequency to the routes US already serves. With 4 TA aircraft (752, 762, 332, 333) US should be able to move around its aircraft more than they have in the past. Just because there are more aircraft coming doesn't mean new routes need to be started. Being a good TA carrier isn't just about destinations but also flexibility for the passenger.

Also these 2nd frequencies don't even need to operate daily at first, but 3/4x weekly would be a start.

These questions really couldn't even be addressed with just the A333 and the 762. But now with the 752 and A332 US is not stretched thin on its TA fleet and can shift things around.
:eek: :eek: wow, you seriously should be in Int'l panning. Tempe simpletons couldnt figure this out.

If US would spring for the extra fuel mod. for the 757, it would be quite doable.

Currently US T/A Envoy equipped fly or have flown in the past:

PHL-BRU (3760 miles)
PHL-AMS (3736 miles)

PHL-CDG is 3728 miles, so it's shorter. I think it's doable. But could CDG get more cargo then the above mentioned cities making it too heavy?

-Kinglobjaw