One More And Counting.

Just out of curiosity, who makes these resolutions? Do they just get passed along to the governors? Or are they really voted on by the state senaters? Cause Oregon's are no where near Salem at the moment. Congratulations, none the less!!!

State officials, either Senators or Assemblymen or as in DC Councilwomen. We then send a draft resolution for a reference to use. The Contacted officials office then hands our request to the aid that handles such issues. Usually their legal department looks over the wording and the Senator or such introduces it at their respective quorums/assembly meetings. It is discussed and voted on. Then passed to the Governor or State Secretary for signing. As in the Commonwealth of Virginia's resolution the AMTA needed to get "in State" requests for the resolution. AMTA members from Virginia then contacted Governor Tim Keane's office asking him to recognize Charles E. Taylor and today's AMTs.
This process has taken place 41 times with more in progress. The more people who get involved the quicker we can get all United States, Commonwealths & Territories to pass resolutions recognizing a proud craft & profession.
There is also a National AMT Resolution that should be going before the House floor thanks to PAMA.
This AMT Day Resolution process is not always a slam dunk. The AMTA for example has been working with the US Virgin Islands and American Samoa as well as Northern Mariana and New Hampshire for almost a year. Not all governments have year round assemblies. Some Senators, etc., are still business men/women and they accomplish their elected duties a few times a year. Patience is a virtue.
I hope this answers your question. And thank you for your support.

I have just spoken with Senator Michael Malone's office in the U.S. Virgin Islands. Thanks to the efforts of Senator Malone the Virgin Islands has passed their AMT Day Resolution which brings the total number of signed AMT Resolutions to 42! These resolutions bring recognition to Charles E. Taylor and all those who have followed the skilled & proud craft that he created. The AMTA remains committed in having all 50 United States, Commonwealths & Territories pass AMT Day Resolutions. Thank you for your continued support in the AMTA. Sincerely, Kenneth MacTiernan Director AMTA

<_< ----- By the way Ken, I like the "Mighty Mouse" thing! It fits! Thanks again for all your efforts in this!!!! :up:

With the new year upon us the AMTA is revisiting those States which were unable to pass AMT Day Resolutions last year due to calendar schedule conflicts and such. If anyone wishes to write a letter of support for the following States please contact me and I will forward the contact information for the State in question. With a new year I hope that these resolutions can be passed before May 24th, 2007. I have revisited Alabama, American Samoa, New Hampshire, New Jersey, Massachusetts, Vermont and Washington D.C. A simple letter to the contacts the AMTA has made in each State indicating that you support this important AMT Day Resolution will help enable the recognition that Charles E. Taylor and today's AMTs deserve. As always, thank you for your support. Ken MacTiernan Director AMTA [email protected]

The State of Massachusetts has just passed their AMT Day Resolution which now brings the list of passed resolutions recognizing Charles E. Taylor and today's AMTs to 44! The AMTA would like to thank Jeevan Ramapriya who is on Senator Steven A. Baddour's staff. Mr. Ramapriya was very supportive and patient in helping the AMTA have Senator Baddour introduce this important resolution. Senator Baddour is the Chairman on Transportation for Massachusetts and was happy to recognize Charles E. Taylor and the skilled AMTs that maintain the civil, military, commercial, cargo, corporate, general & experimental aircraft that fly within Massachusetts. With the new year before us the AMTA is confident that the remaining resolutions in progress can be revisited and passed. If anyone wishes to help with the remaining AMT Day Resolutions visit the AMTA web site at WWW.AMTAUSA.COM and click on the AMT Day Resolution State Map link.
As always, thank you for your continued support in helping the AMTA promote the contributions of Charles E. Taylor to aviation's history and all those who have followed in his footsteps. Sincerely, Kenneth MacTiernan Director AMTA REMEMBER THE PAST - THINK OF THE FUTURE

The number is now 45 AMT Day Resolutions that have been passed! Washington D.C. signed and passed theirs yesterday. The AMTA wishes to thank all AMTA members who have written and called in support of this resolution. We also wish to thank Chairman Vincent Gray of Washington D.C. and his Aid Mr. Chris Murray in having D.C. become the 45th resolution to recognize Charles E. Taylor and today's skilled professional AMTs. As always, if anyone wishes to help support the remaining resolutions to pass visit WWW.AMTAUSA.COM and see which States remain. A letter of support, or even an e-mail, is easy to do to speak out for a great craft & profession. Thank you for your continued support in the AMTA and our craft. Sincerely, Kenneth MacTiernan Director AMTA

I have contacted Senators of the Northern Marianas, Federated States of Micronesia, American Samoa and US Virgin Islands asking them to introduce similar resolutions. I am also working on New Hampshire as well.

You forgot about The Kingdom of the Beaver.

Seriously, this sounds like a SNL skit.

How about utilizing all your positive energy to revise and make fair the union officer election process.

Good Luck!