New Merger Routes

CLT-HNL won't work unless there's more marketing than we had last time. I have yet to find anyone I know who was aware of it.

On another subtopic, if LH pulls out of CLT, let's hope the new AA adds that route.
Likely to be seen from MIA long before CLT.

Reactions: 1 person
Likely to be seen from MIA long before CLT.
Doesn't seem like many folks in the Carib. , Latin or South America would be interested in HNL. If I'm in the Northeast, I'd rather go through ORD, DFW, IAH or the west coast to HNL. A successful hub needs O and D traffic also. Think many Floridians would be interested in Hawaii?

Will we see an increase of service in the NE? Small cities like PVD,MHT,ALB,ORH,and HVN with only service to PHL could use service to ORD and CLT. Also LYH could use an increase such as PHL or ORD.

Doesn't seem like many folks in the Carib. , Latin or South America would be interested in HNL. If I'm in the Northeast, I'd rather go through ORD, DFW, IAH or the west coast to HNL. A successful hub needs O and D traffic also. Think many Floridians would be interested in Hawaii?

PVD, MHT, ALB all have service to CLT and DCA already. HVN only to PHL and we don't service ORH any more.

Without a midwest hub,I.E. ORD, a lot of passenger leakage occurs in west bound flights with DL and UA getting the bulk of the business. HVN has been overlooked for years due to operational limitations. In the last 3 years, runway overruns were added and long standing obstructions removed. This station could be a money maker with the right flights and marketing,HVN, home of Yale and many other schools many corporations and the Yale cancer center and a high per capita income metro area. HVN to CLT could be a popular route and would open up more city pairs as compared to PHL.

I was commenting on FRA not HNL. My bad...

It's still your bad. US already serves FRA from CLT and has for years. Lufthansa does not. The Lufthansa route the poster was referring to is CLT to MUC.

Try to keep up.

Latest posts