Something New

I worked in CLT from 91 to 2005, there was never scheduled 767 to GSP. Are you thinking about the 757 flight to AVL that couldnt get to the terminal cause the taxiways were not wide enough and the engines would have ingested FOD?

Reactions: 1 person
I worked in CLT from 91 to 2005, there was never scheduled 767 to GSP. Are you thinking about the 757 flight to AVL that couldnt get to the terminal cause the taxiways were not wide enough and the engines would have ingested FOD?

It was somewhere around 96 to 98. Once or twice a week a 76 would run to GSP. I was told it was there simply to have the airplane do something in between its european turns. Somewhere in the schedule back and forth between europe it ended up with something like 20 hours down time so they hopped it over there just to do something.

It was about the same time they had 737-200's running from LGA to south florida with severe fuel limitations due to lga short runways with lots of fuel diverts into mid points because of it, while running 737-300's from clt to ilm with dry center tanks and 1/2 full wing tanks. It should have been the other way around.

Was during the time when planning was coming up with all this stuff but not bothering to ask the flight department if it could be done or made sense. What was it? about 1999 or 2000 that they planned and marketed a Chicago Midway to Boston non stop flight in the 73-200. had full page ad and radio spots running in Chicago etc for a month but it never flew a single run. To make it to BOS off Midways short runways the airplane would have been limited to about 80 pax in order to haul the fuel off the runway to do it. Only way it could have done it with full load of pax was on clear blue days with no alternate fuel required.

I worked International, we didnt do a 767 turn to GSP after it came in from Europe.

They either went back europe or to PHL or LAX.

Latest posts