new route map on the mar issue

etops1

Veteran
Dec 6, 2003
they did a preety good job on the route map for the mar issue of usairways magazine. they also updated the look and the passenger info section. looks good .

I saw it today, it does look nice. The map is more clear and had the actual routes on it. They also added back in alot of the airports, but its kind of bizarre that LAX and SFO have half a page and then PHL is only a quarter of the page.

But is there any real substance to the magazine.

Attache was a real magazine not the mess we call a magazine now.

US Airways Attaché serves a unique market, the movers and the shakers of the nation's most influential "power corridor." The 1.6 million who read Attaché each month are among the most demographically desirable print audience available. And Attaché brings your message to them in an editorial environment that has won 36 major design and editorial awards since July 1997, including Best Inflight Magazine for 1998, 1999, 2000 and 2001.

That cant be said now. ;)

The magazine itself is still crap. One big ad for Las Vegas. US Weekly has more articles, Cosmo has less ads. But the new guide does look nice. It would be nice if they put the fleet in as well but it doesn't 'generate revenue'.

Not to be a nerd but Attache was actually a good magazine. There were some interesting articles in it, not just "Look how pretty Hawaii is you should fly there" stuff. People actualy had subscriptions to it. And they need to bring back "Your Turn", that was a good feature.

As inflight magazines go, Attache was by far the best. American Way is OK, Hemispheres is good too (I love the covers!) Continental Magazine and Sky are along the lines of US Airways magazine, not much in them.

Wow, I just wrote an essay about inflight magazines, how sad...

PACE Communications produces the inflight mag. It's hard to believe Attache and US Airways inflight mag is published by the same company. I guess Tempe said to dumb it down or something. I went to the Pace web site and was surprised to see how many inflight magazines they publish.

The Auto Club Group (AAA)
American Cancer Society
Air Force One, Airforce Two and Special Air Mission
AT&T Wireless
Carlson Hotels Worldwide
Delta Air Lines
IGA
NBC
The North Face
Southeast Toyota Distributors
Southwest Airlines
United Airlines
US Airways
Virgin America
Wachovia

I know Pace also published Piedmonts award winning inflight magazine called "Pace". For those in the know did Pace begin with Piedmonts magazine and grow from there?

And they need to bring back "Your Turn", that was a good feature.

You can't be serious!!! They couldn't print the stuff that they write into them. But, we really could call it "Your Fault" because that is what they tell us when we submit a customer concern. Sorry, it's your fault we don't provide better amenities in FC...people don't pay enough for their tickets...It's your fault you buy A fares...It's your fault you need a closet to hang your coat...It's your fault you don't like powedered creamer...It's your fault you're only 5'2 but can't sit in the last 3 rows of the A330...

But is there any real substance to the magazine.

Attache was a real magazine not the mess we call a magazine now.

That cant be said now. ;)

Dear Reader,

Thanks for reading Attaché over the past nine years. We are delighted to have brought you a monthly inflight magazine that over its lifespan garnered more than 60 editorial and design awards. The December 2005 issue was the final appearance of Attaché. For reference, as well as for reader convenience, we have archived many of our recent articles.

With the change in ownership and philosophy of US Airways, we’re happy to bring you a new publication. The new magazine will focus on travel, lifestyle, and popular culture. Please visit us online at US Airways Magazine.

Lance Elko
Editor

I believe it did, and hence the company's name.

Jim
Pace Communications was founded on a single contract (handshake) for the inflight publication for Piedmont Airlines in 1973.

I agree. I really like the new route map and it's very clear.
The route maps are very well done and the colours really fit in with the scheme of the airline. Airport maps are much better and finally there is a printed storyline of the movies onboard.

So? We are a bit player in both of those markets, with a couple gates... they are hubs for our Star Alliance partner.

PHL is our international hub, and most spread out terminal setup.