Raleigh-Fort Lauderdale (31Oct04)
Islip-Boson (31Oct04)
Sioux Falls-O'Hare (31Oct04)

No more AA service to ISP and FSD.
[post="186793"][/post]​

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Mark,

Sioux Falls, like in South Dakota ????

I must have missed it, but WHEN did we go into SD, and "IF" we did, was this the first time EVER that AA or AE entered the home state of the resting place of "my" Greatest American Hero EVER................."SITTING BULL" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NH/BB's

NewHampshire Black Bears said:
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Mark,

Sioux Falls, like in South Dakota ????

I must have missed it, but WHEN did we go into SD, and "IF" we did, was this the first time EVER that AA or AE entered the home state of the resting place of "my" Greatest American Hero EVER................."SITTING BULL" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NH/BB's
[post="186805"][/post]​

Ozark Airlines flew to Sioux Falls, took over by TWA, took over by AE.

Pulling out of ISP is a mistake. Instead of BOS, why not have 2 or 3 ERJ's to ORD like they used to?

What possible reason could there be for closing ISP? Don't give the WN excuse--you need to be there.

Well I guess I don't have to do the PLAT challenge after all.

BTW DL is INCREASING frequency to ISP, as is US.

Oh well....

Also gone on 31 October 2004 is Boston-Philadelphia.

I agree about pulling out of Islip...mistake, though I guess they just weren't making money. Islip service to O'Hare and Miami would work, IMO, even with Southwest.

South Florida is Islip's single largest O&D market, with over 1,000 people per day(!). No way AA couldn't fill even a daily 738 to MIA. Screw the fact Southwest dominates the market, there is room for them.

ISP-ORD might work, but the question is can ISP-ORD produce enough revenue to be worth the congestion and/or cancellation of other flights at ORD. Many secondary markets that feed into ORD simply don't produce enough value to the system to be worth the congestion and hassle at ORD. This is why AA is dumping routes from ORD to places like Duluth, Lincoln, Sioux Falls and Portland (Maine).

No surprise to see BOS-PHL get chopped. With Airtran flying BOS-PHL, WN flying PHL-PVD and PHL-MHT and US flying all three routes, there was bound to be some collateral damage in that fare war. DL dumped BOS-PHL in August and now AA.

I also think AA is abandoning a lot of these secondary routes to move more asses to DFW. First, AA will need to pick up some of the slack left by DL. Second, AA needs to be able to defend DFW should Airtran, JetBlue or even Southwest decide to expand at DFW.

AA (like all other carriers) needs to focus where it will get the most bang for its buck. The days of launching routes just to drive LCC's off or build up money losing marketshare are over.

Food for thought; ISP-PVD saw over 100,000 annual pax when WN ran the route (but the route did poorly???) and now BOS-ISP gets chopped. ISP-New England is there for the taking by a regional carrier in my opinion...

I predicted BOS-PHL on DL and AE (and Air Tran) would get cut when WN entered the market, so far I'm 67% correct!