Montrose-Dallas 5w CR7, 2w M80
Montrose-O'Hare 1w M80

Vail/Eagle-Dallas 15w 757
Vail/Eagle-LaGuardia 1w 757
Vail/Eagle-Los Angeles 5w 757
Vail/Eagle-Miami 2w 757
Vail/Eagle-Newark 7w 757
Vail/Eagle-O'Hare 8w 757

Looks like pre-bookings for the new PVD-RDU AE service that begins July 1 must look pretty good. Come September a 4th daily flight will be added. At this point BDL and PVD will have the same capacity on this route. On a daily basis RDU-BDL sees 249 passengers while RDU-PVD sees 263 passengers. Surely both can support 4 RJs.

Hope we will see nonstop flights from PVD to MIA in the near future (123 daily passengers).

Looking through the schedules, it appears a 4th CMH-RDU flight will be added also in September. The flight will utilize an ERJ-140, with the remaining 3 flights operating with ERJ-135 aircraft. With the added frequency, American, American Connection, and American Eagle (well, just about all Eagle really) will offer a total of 33 daily nonstop flights from Columbus plus 3 weekend flights to MIA. Still waiting for that to go daily.

N905AW said:
Looking through the schedules, it appears a 4th CMH-RDU flight will be added also in September. The flight will utilize an ERJ-140, with the remaining 3 flights operating with ERJ-135 aircraft. With the added frequency, American, American Connection, and American Eagle (well, just about all Eagle really) will offer a total of 33 daily nonstop flights from Columbus plus 3 weekend flights to MIA. Still waiting for that to go daily.
Daily CMH-MIA starts in January 2005

weatherman said:
Looks like pre-bookings for the new PVD-RDU AE service that begins July 1 must look pretty good. Come September a 4th daily flight will be added. At this point BDL and PVD will have the same capacity on this route. On a daily basis RDU-BDL sees 249 passengers while RDU-PVD sees 263 passengers. Surely both can support 4 RJs.

Hope we will see nonstop flights from PVD to MIA in the near future (123 daily passengers).
AA is keeping an eye on how much PVD-RDU traffic continues to Miami, Ft. Lauderdale, and Nassau. They want to get a good foothold in the Providence-Miami market, and that will hopefully lead to non-stop MIA-PVD for the winter travel season.

Also, as mentioned, MIA-CMH does go daily next year. 2 January 2005 to be exact. It will operate 1x daily Mo-Fr; 3x daily Sa; 2x daily Su.

AA looking at RDU coonections to MIA, FLL, and NAS from PVD? The schedule at AA.com does not offer a RDU connection PVD-FLL, also PVD-NAS would require you to RON in RDU. The only real option is MIA and some of these flights have rather long connections. To be honest, I currently fly DL or US to MIA. Although the same was true when I flew to DFW prior to AA offering nonstop service. I will jump at the chance to fly N/S to MIA aboard AA. AA please give PVD-MIA nonstop!

weatherman said:
AA looking at RDU coonections to MIA, FLL, and NAS from PVD? The schedule at AA.com does not offer a RDU connection PVD-FLL, also PVD-NAS would require you to RON in RDU. The only real option is MIA and some of these flights have rather long connections. To be honest, I currently fly DL or US to MIA. Although the same was true when I flew to DFW prior to AA offering nonstop service. I will jump at the chance to fly N/S to MIA aboard AA. AA please give PVD-MIA nonstop!
The schedule allows excellent MIA connections.

MIA-PVD:
AA 1592 MIA 1600-1804 RDU
AA 4697 RDU 1845-2030 PVD
TOTAL TIME: 4h30m

AA 1012 MIA 1135-1338 RDU
AA 4685 RDU 1430-1615 PVD
TOTAL TIME: 4h40m

PVD-MIA:
AA 4686 PVD 1645-1840 RDU
AA 1715 RDU 1931-2126 MIA
TOTAL TIME: 4h51m

You don't need to RON to fly PVD-RDU-NAS, though you are right, the connection is not pretty (you have to take the morning departure from PVD, and wait until the 1300 RDU-NAS). PVD-RDU-FLL also requires a lengthy connection.

DO you consider it likely that if US fails that AA would "reactivate" RDU as a larger hub? It seems to me that AA would have no need to try to acquire CLT since RDU could geographically serve the same markets and is about the same size. THoughts?

WorldTraveler said:
DO you consider it likely that if US fails that AA would "reactivate" RDU as a larger hub? It seems to me that AA would have no need to try to acquire CLT since RDU could geographically serve the same markets and is about the same size. THoughts?
No. America has too many hubs and one too many major carriers to begin with. As bad as it would be, and as many jobs would be lost, if one of the cartel carriers were to go under, it would be best for the industry. There is no need to replace the Charlotte hub by building-up Raleigh. I do see AA maybe adding a new route or two from Raleigh (like LAX), but they have one too many hubs as is, they don't need a sixth.

MAH4546,

Just for clarification, I was looking at the schedule in Sept when the new flight is added. It looks like the connections are not bad this summer, as you say. However, things change in Sept. Much harder to connect through RDU from PVD to anywhere other than MIA.

Bringing back an old thread...winter updates are starting to come.

Discontinued destinations:

Belo Horizonte, Brazil (30Sep04)
Duluth, Minnesota (07Sep04)
Lincoln, Nebraska (07Sep04)

New routes...
Dallas-Pensascola (31Oct04)
Marquette, MI-Green Bay (10Aug04)
Miami-Montevideo (17Dec04)
Los Angeles-San Jose, Costa Rica (16Dec04)

MAH4546 said:
Bringing back an old thread...winter updates are starting to come.

Discontinued destinations:

Belo Horizonte, Brazil (30Sep04)
Duluth, Minnesota (07Sep04)
Lincoln, Nebraska (07Sep04)

New routes...
Dallas-Pensascola (31Oct04)
Marquette, MI-Green Bay (10Aug04)
Miami-Montevideo (17Dec04)
Los Angeles-San Jose, Costa Rica (16Dec04)
Will see GUA shortly as well AA seems to be after UAL for the West coast and Central America.

weatherman said:
MAH4546,

Just for clarification, I was looking at the schedule in Sept when the new flight is added. It looks like the connections are not bad this summer, as you say. However, things change in Sept. Much harder to connect through RDU from PVD to anywhere other than MIA.
weatherman,

While on the subject of PVD, having ridden Amtrak thru R.I. yesterday(8/2), I can report that Amtrak is in the process of laying a third track for commuter service from downtown Providence to Kingston R.I.(University of R.I.), and that WILL include a NEW station stop for TF Green airport(PVD) (similiar to the Amtrak airport stops of EWR, and BWI.

PVD, and MHT are BOOMING, while BOS slowly "chokes to death" on vehicular traffic.

NH/BB's

FA Mikey said:
Will see GUA shortly as well AA seems to be after UAL for the West coast and Central America.
Good to hear. Rumour has it we will also be seeing FLL-GUA or FLL-MGA and FLL-SJO in the near future. FLL-SJO may be starting this December. A cartel carrier is set to announce FLL-SJO (and FLL-LIR, FLL-CUN, and some other routes) within two weeks, and AA wants to stay ahead of the game.