Eagle Expands Routes

MAH4546

Veteran
Aug 22, 2002
New American Eagle service this summer uploaded this weekend:

Dallas-Madison, 2x daily, 9 June 2005
Dallas-Rochester (Minnesota), 1x daily, 9 June 2005
New York City/JFK-Toronto, 2x daily, 2 July 2005

Also, LaGuardia-Traverse City operates once again, this time 2x a week (FrSaSu).

Hopefully Eagle will fill in all the routes that Delta Connection quit flying when they shut down the hub. Eagle should also consider: DFW-GPT, DFW-PFN (Panama City, Florida- big spring break crowd) DFW-SRQ, DFW-DAB, DFW-MLB, DFW-TLH, DFW-GNV, DFW-APF, and DFW-EYW. These routes will allow passengers from the Western U.S. to avoid ATL and pretty much fly in the general direction of their destination instead of flying North to fly West.

aafsc said:
Hopefully Eagle will fill in all the routes that Delta Connection quit flying when they shut down the hub. Eagle should also consider: DFW-GPT, DFW-PFN (Panama City, Florida- big spring break crowd) DFW-SRQ, DFW-DAB, DFW-MLB, DFW-TLH, DFW-GNV, DFW-APF, and DFW-EYW. These routes will allow passengers from the Western U.S. to avoid ATL and pretty much fly in the general direction of their destination instead of flying North to fly West.
[post="253759"][/post]​

VPS and PFN are very close. VPS serves the PFN market quite well.

DFW-GNV (and MIA-GNV) were going to start last year, but AA didn't get the subsidies it asked for.

DFW-SRQ and DFW-TLH are being talked about. There is also talk of AA going to MLB and DAB, but from Miami, not Dallas.

DFW-APF would never work.

DFW-EYW isn't physically possible because of EYW's runway.

MAH4546 said:
VPS and PFN are very close. VPS serves the PFN market quite well.

DFW-GNV (and MIA-GNV) were going to start last year, but AA didn't get the subsidies it asked for.

DFW-SRQ and DFW-TLH are being talked about. There is also talk of AA going to MLB and DAB, but from Miami, not Dallas.

DFW-APF would never work.

DFW-EYW isn't physically possible because of EYW's runway.
[post="253772"][/post]​
I read that there is some sort of restriction in EYW for the Delta Connection flight to ATL. Do you know what the restriction is? I know EYW has a 4,800 ft runway.
When I worked at EAL, we used to send a 727-100 to EYW from MIA.

aafsc said:
I read that there is some sort of restriction in EYW for the Delta Connection flight to ATL. Do you know what the restriction is? I know EYW has a 4,800 ft runway.
When I worked at EAL, we used to send a 727-100 to EYW from MIA.
[post="253866"][/post]​

IIRC, depending on weather and other factors, the outbound EYW-ATL flights can only go out 70% full.