New Routes/service Thread

FA Mikey said:
I just heard that FLL_SDQ is moving to Friday through Sunday.
[post="171391"][/post]​

FLL-SDQ and FLL-PAP will be FrSaSu for the very slow fall timetable. Back to daily for the holidays.

We still have yet to see the completed winter timetable uploaded, but changes and new routes are being uploaded very slowly...

San Jose-Honolulu and San Jose-Maui will operate as one service during most of the year, routed SJC-HNL-OGG-SJC, starting 01Nov04. The only time the two will operate seperately is during winter break (16Dec04-09Jan05) and during summer (09Jun05-05Sep05).

St. Louis-Tulsa, daily S80, starts 31Jan05
St. Louis-Richmond, 2x daily ERJ, starts 01Nov04

Also, mainline returns to St. Louis-San Antonio and St. Louis-Columbus, 1x daily each.

Boston-Las Vegas is gone after 31Oct04.

Effective 01Nov04, American Eagle will begin four daily ERJ-135 flights between LaGuardia and Buffalo. Definitley trying to steal customers from US Airways.

MAH4546 said:
Effective 01Nov04, American Eagle will begin four daily ERJ-135 flights between LaGuardia and Buffalo. Definitley trying to steal customers from US Airways.
[post="185584"][/post]​

Also JetBlue is on this route. But I doubt we'd steal many customers from them. :angry:

fliboi78 said:
Also JetBlue is on this route. But I doubt we'd steal many customers from them. :angry:
[post="185587"][/post]​

Well, sort of. B6 flies JFK-BUF, not from LGA. And yes, NYC is NYC but JFK sure isn't LGA if you need to be in the City.

And since some of AA's fares pretty much match those of B6, perhaps some of B6's customers would rather fly to LGA and earn miles/status on AA. I sure would.

LiveInAHotel said:
A320 vs. RJ? I think we know who is going to attract more pax.
[post="185609"][/post]​

Does mainline vs. RJ really make that big of a difference to passengers on a 1 hour flight? I'd be more concerned if it was an AA turboprop vs. a B6 320.

JFK and LGA are indeed different markets but US has been unable to command any kind of fare premium by serving LGA form upstate NY as opposed to JFK.

Just spoke with an FSM/ORD 2 days ago. Supposedly from notes from Laurie Curtis, we will start up ORD-Nagoya (sorry, don't know the code) somewhere in Feb., March. Also, great potential for Shanghai (again, don't know the code) around June, 2005.

I have always felt that if you want the "true skinny" ask the catering people! LOL

TWA Guy said:
Does mainline vs. RJ really make that big of a difference to passengers on a 1 hour flight? I'd be more concerned if it was an AA turboprop vs. a B6 320.

JFK and LGA are indeed different markets but US has been unable to command any kind of fare premium by serving LGA form upstate NY as opposed to JFK.
[post="185634"][/post]​

There is a strong advantage to serving LGA for business travelers. Traffic from JFK to Midtown? Many business travelers don't want to deal with that. US Airways is able to command premium fares from LGA, and so will AA. US Airways walk-up fare on BUF-LGA is $296, while jetBlue's highest walk-up on JFK-BUF is $117.

markkus757 said:
JFK-LGB goes away 11/1/04...will be loaded into (out of really) Sabre 10/3/04.
[post="186383"][/post]​

I can't find PHX-JFK nonstops in December or January. Did this route get the axe too? I wouldn't be surprised given the low-fare competition from both HP and now JB.

DLFlyer31 said:
I can't find PHX-JFK nonstops in December or January. Did this route get the axe too? I wouldn't be surprised given the low-fare competition from both HP and now JB.
[post="186527"][/post]​

Yes, this route is canned on 31Oct04.