New Routes/service Thread

I am flying FLL this month. I see Avianca is flying to FLL, or at least there is a sign for them. I haven't seen a plane yet. But the immagration area is small and slow. I guess the good thing is that most tend to be local rather than connections

FA Mikey said:
I am flying FLL this month. I see Avianca is flying to FLL, or at least there is a sign for them. I haven't seen a plane yet. But the immagration area is small and slow. I guess the good thing is that most tend to be local rather than connections
Yes, Avianca has been flying the route since October 2003 with a daily 757. Very popular for them. They took over the route from Aces (who started it in December 2002) after they liquidated. American Airlines actually applied with the CAA to takeover the route, but Avianca's application won (no surprise there).

I am always wanting more new Miami flying. Its 10mins with traffic to the airport for me, vs 20 to 30 going to FlL. The nice thing about more flying in FLL though, is that many of the people who live North bid those and leave some better lines for me in Miami. So its not all bad seeing new FLL flying.

FA Mikey said:
Looks like LAX is becoming the next big AA gateway to South America
[post="169440"][/post]​

Well, Central America technically.

It's a good market. It has no LCC compieitition (let's hope it stays that way, for AA's sake). I know AA has tried it in the past, but, back then, UA was also stronger in the market then they are today. Good for AA.

FA Mikey said:
We had tried GUA before? I think thats what UAL is still flying to LAX.
[post="169502"][/post]​

Yes, I think AA did LAX-GUA back in 1994/1995. UAL is still doing LAX-SAL and LAX-GUA-SJO, both daily.

Also, apparently the winter timetable is uploading this week...we should get the first details of new winter routes and closed mainline stations (supposedly two or three cities will go all-Eagle) if that is true...

I, for one, will be keeping my fingers crossed to see a PVD-MIA flight in the winter schedule...the market with connections would make the route feasible I'm sure...

HNL-NRT Service Not to Start in 2004

The following statement is for employees interested in the status of AA service between Honolulu, HI (HNL) and Tokyo, Japan (NRT):

"American Airlines will not start the proposed Honolulu-Tokyo service this year. As you may know, Tokyo's Narita Airport is slot-controlled.

"Though we expended a great deal of effort to acquire the slots necessary to begin this service, ultimately we were unable to put together the number of slots we needed at times that would make HNL-NRT service work for startup by the end of 2004.

"We are still interested in the ability to fly this route, and we will continue our efforts to put together a schedule that makes sense for the airline and our customers."

:(

s80dude said:
HNL-NRT Service Not to Start in 2004

The following statement is for employees interested in the status of AA service between Honolulu, HI (HNL) and Tokyo, Japan (NRT):
"American Airlines will not start the proposed Honolulu-Tokyo service this year. As you may know, Tokyo's Narita Airport is slot-controlled.
"Though we expended a great deal of effort to acquire the slots necessary to begin this service, ultimately we were unable to put together the number of slots we needed at times that would make HNL-NRT service work for startup by the end of 2004.

"We are still interested in the ability to fly this route, and we will continue our efforts to put together a schedule that makes sense for the airline and our customers."

:(
[post="169818"][/post]​

Rats. I hope AA can come up with slots. Good ones must be expensive.

s80dude said:
The official release for MIA - MVD is out on PR newswire. It will be three times per week, and seasonal from december to april.
[post="170551"][/post]​

Finally! A PR!

The flight will go year-round if it fills up. Sales for the new Miami-St. Kitts service were so strong, the flight went year-round before it has even been launched. Punta Cana and Liberia were also launched as seasonal, but strong demand kept them year-round. I would not be surprised to see it run through April, and then resume in time for the busy summer vacation travel period.

Latest posts