New Routes Start Today

BuffaloJoe

Veteran
Aug 17, 2005
Visit site
New Routes CLT-SMF/TUS and PHL-YVR/SMF. Are all these flights are seasonal? And I have noticed that they are using a 757 on the one PHL-SEA flight, is there a reason for that?

BDL will get a 757 as well, starting on Monday. To CLT early morning, and then on to CUN, and back to BDL late at night.

I'm excited. :)

^ FLT 815 to be exact BDL-CUN (with a stop in CLT), 8:30A. And then FLT 834 from MBJ-BDL (again stop in CLT), 2:35P, arrives at BDL at 9:45P. Thats the route for our 757. ;)

BDL will get a 757 as well, starting on Monday. To CLT early morning, and then on to CUN, and back to BDL late at night.

I'm excited. :)

I guess I am way too jaded and have been at this for far too long. I'm really happy that you're excited about having a 757 flight into BDL. I just can't help seeing it as as just another airplane with too many seats crammed into too little space, like the rest of the fleet.

I am happy about the new routes. I have many friends in SMF who currently commute to PHL. It is a great opportunity for them and a one leg commute. Also a great way for me to get home to visit my family there. YVR is a great addition for us Easties. I have not seen a western canadian city for my entire career at US, so I will be very happy to spend a nice layover there. :up: :up:

I know the clt-sea segments are ALWAYS SLAP full year round. I don't understand why we don't keep more non-stops on that

route from the east..

New Routes CLT-SMF/TUS and PHL-YVR/SMF. Are all these flights are seasonal? And I have noticed that they are using a 757 on the one PHL-SEA flight, is there a reason for that?

Why wouldn't they use a 757 on phl-sea...they are a nice long haul aircraft. I bet it does well out of philly...

DL uses 757's a lot for long hauls and they are just as cramped as ours...I took one from ATL to SEA on DL and it was fine, just as long as the IFE is working!!!!!

Yes, the caskets for the dead from Iraq, ever since they shut down the vet clinic in Dover they were using to cremate the bodies.

That is actually, true.

So where is America west or ehhhh Usairways expanding to internationally for 2009. Kirby says there will STILL be expansion though China is delayed. Does anyone have any ideas as to where? Ideas without the hopes of a city because your Aunt Pearl lives there. Real possibilities? :lol:

I am happy about the new routes. I have many friends in SMF who currently commute to PHL. It is a great opportunity for them and a one leg commute. Also a great way for me to get home to visit my family there. YVR is a great addition for us Easties. I have not seen a western canadian city for my entire career at US, so I will be very happy to spend a nice layover there. :up: :up:

Yeah But The Hotel SUCKS!! 45 Min From DwnTwn YVR! I Wonder How Much The Company BEEACHT Is Getting In Kickbacks! She Tried To Get The Hotel In AMS To NOT Give The Crews The 50% Discount In The Lounge and Have it Go Twards The Room Rates..The Hotel Mgmt Said "No Can Do" If We Give It TO One Crew We Give It To All The Crews! GET LOST!! :up:

cost, cost, cost. This company has been all about it since day 1. Usairways is THE most employee UNfriendly company. How about when we were in Brockton, MA for our Boston overnights. They WONDER why the relations are the way they are. :rolleyes: The 34-40 minute drive to downtown YVR is crazy. Oh and it's a $35.00 cab ride to boot. Hell why not just overnight you down in Seattle. :lol:

Yeah But The Hotel SUCKS!! 45 Min From DwnTwn YVR! I Wonder How Much The Company BEEACHT Is Getting In Kickbacks! She Tried To Get The Hotel In AMS To NOT Give The Crews The 50% Discount In The Lounge and Have it Go Twards The Room Rates..The Hotel Mgmt Said "No Can Do" If We Give It TO One Crew We Give It To All The Crews! GET LOST!! :up:
The Hotel in YVR is VERY nice!! IF East metal stays at the same property as the West, you will be suprised. Who gives a sh!t if the hotel is in dowtown YVR. You can take the bus, only takes 30 minutes.

The Hotel staff is extremely accomadating, and usually gives us very nice suites, like apartments, with two bedrooms, a fully stocked kitchen, fridge, living room, dvd player, washer/dryer. Even the other rooms are mini suites with seperate living room and mini kitchen. I have stayed here for years, and love it!! There is a mall down the street, grocery store, liqour mart you can walk to and very cheap prices for wine drinkers!! :up: The view is gorgeous, especially if you get the Tower room apartments with a huge vernanda. I hope the East metal gets to fly the route, you will love it!!!! :up: ;)

By the way, OUR SMF Hotel the Westies stay in is Downtown and Very nice!! They treat US great there. The rooms are cozy and usually have microwave and fridge. IF not, you can request one. Old town is right next door, and a nice mall with movie theatres next door, litterally!! And our ground crew in SMF are the BEST!! We also have old PSA employees that came out of retirement working there. :up: