New Routes Start Today

Thanks WCT.....that actually doesn't sound all that bad. Not that I'll hold YVR without a quick call. :lol:

Thanks WCT.....that actually doesn't sound all that bad. Not that I'll hold YVR without a quick call. :lol:
Travelpro, I really hope you get to stay in YVR. It is really beautiful. I just hope the Easties get to stay at the same hotel. I don't understand why you guys have seperate contracts in certain cities differnent from ours on the West?? Stupid. We lose good hotels you had, and same here! By the way, how are the PHX layovers, are you guys enjoying them???? I hope so! It is getting really HOT, but I hope they treat you well here!!!! :up: :)

Travelpro, I really hope you get to stay in YVR. It is really beautiful. I just hope the Easties get to stay at the same hotel. I don't understand why you guys have seperate contracts in certain cities differnent from ours on the West?? Stupid. We lose good hotels you had, and same here! By the way, how are the PHX layovers, are you guys enjoying them???? I hope so! It is getting really HOT, but I hope they treat you well here!!!! :up: :)

First Of all I DO Not Pick Up a Trip For The Hotel and Could Give A Rats A@@ If It Has A FRIDGE or MICROWAVE!
I Pick Up A Trip For The City and To Be Able To Do things In Said City! To Be Put In A Town 5Min From The Airport For 26Hrs or More Is Bull Sh@@!! This Person in Charge Of Our Hotels Needs TO Be STOPPED!! I Was Very Excited When We Announced YVR, But Now That We Do Not Even Stay Remotley Close I Will NOT Be Doing YVR! It's A Shame! And Why Are You People On The West So Complacent? :unsure:

Well to be quite honest we have our own cities on the east that are anything but "in the city". How's that overflow hotel in FRA going? :lol: Oh wait, wait how about FLL? Stay on the beach lately? :lol: Anyone remember Brockton in BOS? Aaaaaaand lets see ORD and the list goes on. I love when everyone requires a mall. Yes it's nice to go and shop but really. I wanna be able to walk around a city and make useful time of my overnight. You can only run on the treadmill for so long. (some need to longer than others) but I digress. I will be honest and say that though nice sounding the YVR hotel does seem a bit far from town. As the union states though it legally covers all requirements for where a hotel needs to be located. Hands tied.

First Of all I DO Not Pick Up a Trip For The Hotel and Could Give A Rats A@@ If It Has A FRIDGE or MICROWAVE!
I Pick Up A Trip For The City and To Be Able To Do things In Said City! To Be Put In A Town 5Min From The Airport For 26Hrs or More Is Bull Sh@@!! This Person in Charge Of Our Hotels Needs TO Be STOPPED!! I Was Very Excited When We Announced YVR, But Now That We Do Not Even Stay Remotley Close I Will NOT Be Doing YVR! It's A Shame! And Why Are You People On The West So Complacent? :unsure:
Cry all you want!! Have you actually stayed there?? Give it a chance. You will be willing to commute to the city. By the way, Vancouver is not so hot in the DOWTOWN location, kind of trashy, and the gay bars are spread out, and sux. LOL. :lol:

Cry all you want!! Have you actually stayed there?? Give it a chance. You will be willing to commute to the city. By the way, Vancouver is not so hot in the DOWTOWN location, kind of trashy, and the gay bars are spread out, and sux. LOL. :lol:

Your A RIOT!! Who Said Anything About Gay Bars! I Happen To Like The City Very Much! If You Want to Stay Out In Richmond Then By All Means ENJOY!! I Happen To Enjoy All That YVR ( The City) Has To Offer! :huh:

I live in Vancouver.
If you're staying near the airport, you're in Richmond, BC. The airport is exactly 8 miles from downtown Vancouver. Public transportation (a bus) will cost you $2.50.

The downtown location is fine and safe. It's the East Vancouver where you have to stay away from.

Another thing you might want to consider if your YVR layovers are longer than 24 hours is to take Pacific Coast Lines from the YVR airport to Victoria. The coach leaves the airport in the early AM (you can pick up their schedule just outside of Canadian Customs) and will drive to Tsawassen and onto the BC Ferries to Victoria. On the ferry you can have a reasonably priced hot buffet breakfast while enjoying the views of the San Juans. Once you arrive on the island, the coach drives off of the ferry and takes you right to the steps of the famous and historic Empress Hotel on Victoria's Inner Harbour.

While in Victoria you can really have a wonderful day by walking around and taking in the beautiful city and it's wonderful shops. If shopping isn't your thing then take a whale watching excursion with the Prince of Whales (also located in Victoria's Inner Harbour) on a Zodiac and get up close and personal with the resident pods of Orcas around the Island.

Prefer nature? Go on an excursion to the Butchart Gardens and see all of the beautiful flora in full bloom in this famous British Columbia sanctuary. Afterwards enjoy an afternoon of High Tea at the Empress - pricey but well worth it!

If space is available, West Coast Air will fly you from Victoria to downtown Vancouver at their floatplane base between Stanley Park and the Cruise Ship Terminal aboard one of their DeHavilland Twin Otter Float Planes at a very reasonable price when you present your airline ID. Avoid peak times (4pm - 6pm) if at all possible, as those flights are usually full. Have a nice dinner in downtown Vancouver and then take the inexpensive bus back to Richmond.

If flying on a float plane doesn't float your plane, then take Pacific Coach Lines from the Empress Hotel back to YVR International Airport (You can purchase RT tickets in advance). The scenery while cruising on the Ferry enroute to the Tsawassen Port is absolutely beautiful and breathing in the fresh Pacific Northwest air while standing on the ship's deck will rejuvenate you! When the coach drops you off at the airport, you only wait about five minutes for the hotel van to pick you up and return you to the property.

How do I know all of this?? I've done this a number of times with my crew when we had long YVR (Richmond) layovers years ago and still hear from them from time to time on how much they enjoyed these trips.

Pacific Coach Lines also provides great excursions up to Whistler where one can enjoy a Hot Toddy on the deck of a mountainside lodge...but be very observant of their timetable as during low season their schedules may not work out with your layover time constraints.

Be adventurous!

Oh, by the way, practically every US Carrier puts their crews up in Richmond...you will see this for yourself at the airport hotel pickup point watching the crews from the various US airlines loading up on their Richmond hotel vans. The only airline crews that I have observed going into the city of Vancouver are foreign flag carriers like British Airways, JAL and Cathay Pacific.

Another thing you might want to consider if your YVR layovers are longer than 24 hours is to take Pacific Coast Lines from the YVR airport to Victoria. The coach leaves the airport in the early AM (you can pick up their schedule just outside of Canadian Customs) and will drive to Tsawassen and onto the BC Ferries to Victoria. On the ferry you can have a reasonably priced hot buffet breakfast while enjoying the views of the San Juans. Once you arrive on the island, the coach drives off of the ferry and takes you right to the steps of the famous and historic Empress Hotel on Victoria's Inner Harbour.

While in Victoria you can really have a wonderful day by walking around and taking in the beautiful city and it's wonderful shops. If shopping isn't your thing then take a whale watching excursion with the Prince of Whales (also located in Victoria's Inner Harbour) on a Zodiac and get up close and personal with the resident pods of Orcas around the Island.

Prefer nature? Go on an excursion to the Butchart Gardens and see all of the beautiful flora in full bloom in this famous British Columbia sanctuary. Afterwards enjoy an afternoon of High Tea at the Empress - pricey but well worth it!

If space is available, West Coast Air will fly you from Victoria to downtown Vancouver at their floatplane base between Stanley Park and the Cruise Ship Terminal aboard one of their DeHavilland Twin Otter Float Planes at a very reasonable price when you present your airline ID. Avoid peak times (4pm - 6pm) if at all possible, as those flights are usually full. Have a nice dinner in downtown Vancouver and then take the inexpensive bus back to Richmond.

If flying on a float plane doesn't float your plane, then take Pacific Coach Lines from the Empress Hotel back to YVR International Airport (You can purchase RT tickets in advance). The scenery while cruising on the Ferry enroute to the Tsawassen Port is absolutely beautiful and breathing in the fresh Pacific Northwest air while standing on the ship's deck will rejuvenate you! When the coach drops you off at the airport, you only wait about five minutes for the hotel van to pick you up and return you to the property.

How do I know all of this?? I've done this a number of times with my crew when we had long YVR (Richmond) layovers years ago and still hear from them from time to time on how much they enjoyed these trips.

Pacific Coach Lines also provides great excursions up to Whistler where one can enjoy a Hot Toddy on the deck of a mountainside lodge...but be very observant of their timetable as during low season their schedules may not work out with your layover time constraints.

Be adventurous!

Oh, by the way, practically every US Carrier puts their crews up in Richmond...you will see this for yourself at the airport hotel pickup point watching the crews from the various US airlines loading up on their Richmond hotel vans. The only airline crews that I have observed going into the city of Vancouver are foreign flag carriers like British Airways, JAL and Cathay Pacific.

DL and NW Stay DwnTwn!! :blink:

The YVR property is actuall quite beautiful. You get a 2 bedroom ... yes 2 bedroom fully equipped apartment that's at least 1,000SF. AND in a nice neighborhood.

Buses right outside to downtown or wherever you need to go and, some great restaurants (greek, sushi to name a few) within walking distance or you can go to the food mart the next block over and cook your own food. It even has a terrace. All upper floors with nice views. I've stayed there many times and it's quite nice. Heck of alot nicer than my crashpad.

So before you rant and rave go check it out!

Buses right outside to downtown or wherever you need to go and, some great restaurants (greek, sushi to name a few) within walking distance or you can go to the food mart the next block over and cook your own food. It even has a terrace. All upper floors with nice views. I've stayed there many times and it's quite nice. Heck of alot nicer than my crashpad.

You forgot to mention the Foggy Dew and the Flying Beaver Restaurants/Pubs...favorites among crewmembers who have frequented this layover! :up:

The YVR property is actuall quite beautiful. You get a 2 bedroom ... yes 2 bedroom fully equipped apartment that's at least 1,000SF. AND in a nice neighborhood.

So before you rant and rave go check it out!
IF you would of read the entire thread, I have already went into detail about rooms. The hotel doesn't always give us the apartments, only if they are available, and by the way they are called the Tower Rooms.