CLT-SAC/TUS official

I agree with you on all points. The problem with SNA, is the congestion. We have lots of flights to and from the LAS and PHX bases, with only two gates. Most a/c are parked in remote areas during the nightime. IF they did add a PHL or CLT flight, they would have to decrease some PHX and/or LAS flights. It is very possible they might add some East coast transcon eventually, but the traffic is heavy in SNA and there is a curfew too. The red-eye wouldn't be possible out of the airport, and the company seems to be big on nite flights to and from PHL/CLT out of West Coast markets. IT is a really nice airport to fly into for the most part, and on crew layovers, we walk across the street to the hotel, which is very convienent. :up:
Well we could do a red-eye to PHL. CO has a 9:20PM flight that goes to EWR, and the flight does very well. The takeoff curfew is 22:00, and we can go as late (but not schedule) as 22:20. Landing curfew is 23:00, can be extended until 23:20. In theory, they could have an evening arrival from PHX turn and go back to PHL/CLT. The slots are not time controlled as long as they operate within the confines of the curfew.

Get rid of one of the morning PHX(as I recall they depart fairly close together) for a morning PHL that would connect to international.
Yeah, but those first flights usually go out jam packed. They pay the bills I think, half the flight are Chairmans, etc. Granted a lot of them might be going to PHX and then on to PHL or CLT, so maybe. hmmm....

Yeah, but those first flights usually go out jam packed. They pay the bills I think, half the flight are Chairmans, etc. Granted a lot of them might be going to PHX and then on to PHL or CLT, so maybe. hmmm....
[/quote]

I was just going to say this, too. The two morning SNA-PHX flights are usually quite full. Not sure what the 3rd/4th flights out of SNA look like, but maybe that could create a spot for SNA-PHL. Then you have the wannabe LA'ers and the wannabe NY'ers coast to coast. Heaven help us. ;)

Then you have the wannabe LA'ers and the wannabe NY'ers coast to coast. Heaven help us. ;)
I don't think Philly is wanna be NYers, they both have their own identities. Remember, Philly and New York are separated by New Jersey. :lol:

Ok. Does anyone have any break down of connecting traffic from SNA?

It seemed to work before. Could it work again?

What times/destinations would work?

LAX works for connections as late as 11:00. I should say for some international but all domestic east.

Back