New Year's Resolutions

FlightChic

Veteran
Feb 18, 2007
Happy New Year everyone! I hope you all are looking forward to a new year and a new start for 2008. So, what are your New Year's Resolutions and how do you plan to accomplish them? Most people break their resolutions by February. Are you stronger than that? Let's all share what we hope to accomplish this year. I'll start:

1. Get in shape - I need to lose a few pounds and tone up so I have decided to exercise 3 days a week. (I never exercise so this is a start) I will also eat healthier and bring healthier food with me to work so I don't eat pizza and burgers all the time from the airport.

2. Complete content section for my website and get grant to start my web business and find someone to design and build website.

3. Continue to improve my financial IQ so I can add more to my investments and let my money work for me, add more money to my "emergency fund" and continue to save for downpayment for a house.

4. Complete research and business plan for another business idea I am working on. Secure funding for it.

5. Have a more positive mental attitude.

6. Give more to charity.

OK, so who's next?

I have one resolution that I made years ago. Am I a failure? Nope. That resolution wasn't a New Years one. Is was to never make a New Years resolution. There is two reason for this. First, if it's that important, why wait? And second, if you "need" New Years to start working on it you're doomed to fail.

My "New Year" start, resolutions....whatever you wanna call them are....

1.) All anger toward US is now gone. Its resolved in my mind. I know what the carrier thinks of VFFers and High Yield pax like me and now I know what to think of them. Maybe a little sad, no more hostilities or anger.

2.) Continued positive mental attitude and growth

3.) Take my companies to another level

4.) At least one more vacation home to the protfolio.

5.) More philanthropy and charity.

My "New Year" start, resolutions....whatever you wanna call them are....

1.) All anger toward US is now gone. Its resolved in my mind. I know what the carrier thinks of VFFers and High Yield pax like me and now I know what to think of them. Maybe a little sad, no more hostilities or anger.
I can imagine how angry you must be or must have been at US Airways. Unfortunately all they care about is money and not people. I have finally gotten over to I think. Maybe not, but I don't dwell on it so much.

2.) Continued positive mental attitude and growth

3.) Take my companies to another level
Good luck with taking your companies to the next level. I'm sure you'll do great things this year.

4.) At least one more vacation home to the protfolio.
Where's your vacation home going to be?

5.) More philanthropy and charity.
That's a really good one! I think I'll add that to my list too. I give to alzheimer's research and donate things to schools but maybe I should start volunteering my time too and doing more charity work instead of coming on here to complain so much.

Thanks for sharing and good luck! Keep us posted! BTW, how was Trump's latest book? I haven't read it yet but that's next on my list.

My company closed between Christmas and New Year's for the first time in the 16+ years I have been working here. During that time, I was able to accomplish alot of personal objectives, in addition to going into the office most days for a few hours. I felt like a balanced human being! I had a near-meltdown around 5PM on January 1 at the anticipation of everybody else coming back to work!

So my resolution for 2008 is to not allow work to stand in the way of my living a (semi-)normal life. While I cannot control the work that comes in, I CAN control how much time I spend here, and what sacrifices I make in my personal life for my company.

My resolution is to add stability to my life and better my career. I also want to be able to eat when I retire so that would mean my resolution will be to LEAVE USAIRWAYS. The resume' is in and we shall see what happens. Definitely going to focus on greener pastures. Good luck to everyone and their resolutions. :up:

Well well here's YV's New Years Resolution that I am executing starting January 5th after some "delayed" grown up stuff to do :)

1. Attain a full time employment with an airline...even Big Sky works for me :( (So US Brotha & Sistas help YV out)

2. Work out daily and get back into shape and cut down on the VAINess.

3. Get a 3.5 or Better this semester in college, heck even a 4.0 would be a nice goal to shoot for but you know what they say about high approaches ;)

4. Reduce foreign debt and outsourcing...no more flying on Mexicana or foreign carriers such as Air Israel or something...

5. Gotta Call the Milk Man and let him know no more cheese.

Once again I resolve not to procrastinate!!!

I think its genetic, since kindergarten I have put off till next month what I have could have done last month. Hopefully that will change since it directly effects my income!!!!

Happy '08 all!!!!!!!

Thanks for sharing and good luck! Keep us posted! BTW, how was Trump's latest book? I haven't read it yet but that's next on my list.
FlightChic, it's all good....

Gotta stay positive....I've ranted on (negatively) enough about US....

Attitude is EVERYTHING....I think there may even be a book about that... ;)

Our companies provide AWESOME places for people to work...and I don't share the US mentality....I love rewarding people and giving them the tools they need. Watching people grow is AMAZING. Easily the #1 most exciting thing I do. The companies truly belong to everyone that's part of them.

Next vacation home? Hmmmm...stay tuned. Wanted to do YVR our somewhere in Northern Italy...not the right time to do that. It will be somewhere here in the US of A.

Chairity? It's our duty as citizens.

Happy New Year!