Machinists Union Q&a

This not about math or the US Airways policies on "company information", which does not apply at this point.
There are always bad memories or experiences involve with every union and company.

This is about a "fair and equitable" integration. The NMB will make a decision following their rules and regulations, not the IAM's. There are obvious things that have occurred and statements that have been made by the New US Airways Corporation, that will help the NMB make their decision. The Mohawk -Allegheny decision was not a new law enactment, it was a court decision. I'm certain that the NMB will use many things to make their decision. The primary consideration is for a FAIR AND EQUITABLE resolution.

If at any time there is a vote among two different member groups of two different unions, and the vote or lack of vote dissolves all union representation, then the union administration is to blame. If the union administration (you know the over paid higher ups) fails to accomplish the basic task of motivating it's membership to vote then how can they preach that they have great contracts? Convincing a company to sign a contract, giving its employees better standards of living, is a much greater task than motivating members. The non voting group of furloughs apparently have become very dissatisfied with the union.

If the unions are dissolved then the majority has spoken. Even if it has said nothing.

First of all I have posted this months ago, the NMB's representation manual is quite clear, if the IBT is not 35% of the total workforce then the IAM will be certified.

Second Allegheny/Mohawk was a decision from the Civil Aeronautics Board not a court decision.

Here is a link to it:

Allegheny/Mohawk LPP

First of all I have posted this months ago, the NMB's representation manual is quite clear, if the IBT is not 35% of the total workforce then the IAM will be certified.

Second Allegheny/Mohawk was a decision from the Civil Aeronautics Board not a court decision.

Here is a link to it:

Allegheny/Mohawk LPP

SSBB Today, 12:02 PM Post #16
Group: Registered Member
Member No.: 7,881
QUOTE(Bird Doctor @ Oct 28 2005, 11:17 AM)
IBT numbers growing
Sorry Dell & 7 not looking good

I hear that Cards are coming In more and more every day.

7 look at the poll

When you have Gallop, CNN or USA Today actually do a scientific poll then post it, otherwise you are just wasting time.

Are you sure they been on the property for only seven years?

Your contract states differant:
Funny you are on the Negotiating Committee and you don't even know your current contract.

Guess your math skills are lacking nine years of IBT representation, not seven.

And there are no furloughed AMTs over 5 years who have not had the opportunity to come back as US/East is hiring AMTs in PHL, DCA and BOS off the street.
The April 19,1996 date listed, is the date the Teamsters were certified as our representative. This was not the beginning of negotiations. The company also disputed this authorization, which was upheld, hence the January 13, 1998 date. Just needed to clear the air here as to what happened and when.

When you have Gallop, CNN or USA Today actually do a scientific poll then post it, otherwise you are just wasting time.

The polls done by any of those groups are not scientific in any manner. The polls are done specifically to show the agenda of each of those groups. The Presidential elections are a good example of what a poll from them is worth.

<_< First I'de like to say that anyone interested in the IAM's track record on mergers, should look up how it handled the TWA (IAM District 142)/ American Airlines (TWU) merger!!!! Both AFL/CIO Unions!!!! ;) Interesting stuff!!!

Here is a link to it:

Allegheny/Mohawk LPP
Your Quotes Are Misleading. PEOPLE MR 7 Is not an Expert He Wants to Be. The Total Tech's That Desire A VOTE and Send in Card's is what the NMB will Look @ And That is after they Decide through the Company's Certified LIST of Tech's that WORK @ AWA/USAirways. Also Remember We Have TWO DIFFERANT Certificate's 18 month's (+-) 6 month's. AWA Certifiate & USAirways Certificate. The 35% the NMB is looking @ is Combined AWA/USAirways Tech's NOT JUST AWA's TECH's. SO You Do Not State the FULL Piture MR 7.
MWW

I am quite clear and have been through three mergers, AWA AMTs have to be 35% of the combined total workforce including furloughees for an election to take place without the signing of Authorization Cards.

Why do you think the IBT is soliciting cards for?

The IAM has all ready filed for single carrier status with the NMB.

I am quite clear and have been through three mergers, AWA AMTs have to be 35% of the combined total workforce including furloughees for an election to take place without the signing of Authorization Cards.

Why do you think the IBT is soliciting cards for?

The IAM has all ready filed for single carrier status with the NMB.
Time Will Tell The Story,YOU My Friend Are Not The Judge and You Are NOT The NMB.
Your Brain Washing Scare Tactics Will Show Who You Are, When The NMB makes a Decision.
Thank GOD We Will Not Answer To You. MWW

You need to relax, I am just explaining the process, go read the NMB's Representation Manual, if you don't like it complain to them.

I am not brain washing or scaring anyone, I am just posting the facts.

Guess you don't like the truth.

You need to relax, I am just explaining the process, go read the NMB's Representation Manual, if you don't like it complain to them.

I am not brain washing or scaring anyone, I am just posting the facts.

Guess you don't like the truth.
:down: It's not the truth that we don't like. IT'S YOU,BUTTMUNCH!!!!!!!!!!! :up:

Latest posts