NMB Makes Ruling on IAM/IBT Mechanics

I'm glad I'm punching out of this whole situation. It's been a fun time at AWA and the new US Airways, but I've found a more sane and stable situation. Good Luck to everyone, hope the best for you.

Good luck. Catch a mess of fish!

Taking a couple of weeks of vacation before startin' my new job and I sure plan on it. Thanks BeenThere.

You can't quit now! Just when the fun is starting :lol: :p :D

Besides what could be more sane and stable and still be as much fun??? HMMMMMM Inquiring minds want to know?

All kidding aside, Vaya Con Dios my friend!

Thanks Bob. I'm going to a software development company called Ultramain in NM that specializes in the transportation sector, Planes, Trains and Automobiles. I'll be a software implementer on the airline side of the house. Cathay Pacific, Virgin, Emirates and with more on the way are their customers (airlines with deep pockets as oppose to US airlines). Good benies, travel, and about a 20 percent pay raise to boot.

I'm glad I'm punching out of this whole situation. It's been a fun time at AWA and the new US Airways, but I've found a more sane and stable situation. Good Luck to everyone, hope the best for you.
Eric: It Has Been a Pleasure,Good Luck,Make a Million more,Never forget about your Friend's @ AWA. Mick

Transportation Adds 900 US Airways Members

The National Mediation Board (NMB) has certified the Machinists Union as the collective bargaining representative for the Mechanic & Related class and craft at US Airways. The IAM and the International Brotherhood of Teamsters were both competing for representation rights following the airline’s merger with America West Airlines. The Teamsters represented America West’s 900 mechanics, while the IAM has represented workers at US Airways and its predecessors since 1949. The NMB’s action extinguished the Teamsters’ representation rights for the former America West Mechanics.

“IAM members showed tremendous support for their union while ignoring an intense Teamster campaign of lies and empty promises,†said General Vice President Robert Roach, Jr. “We are prepared to immediately enter into transition negotiations with US Airways to ensure fair seniority integration, provide the secure IAM National Pension Plan and provide active and furloughed employees of the combined airline with the job opportunities they deserve.â€

The NMB determined the Teamsters failed to show sufficient interest from the combined workforce to call for an election and on August 11, 2006 granted the IAM’s request for certification. On May 11, 2006 the NMB certified the Machinists as the representative for the combined airline’s Fleet Service employees, adding 2,400 new IAM members. The IAM’s application to represent US Airways’ Stock Clerks was filed on August 2, 2006, but the NMB has not yet made a determination on the issue.

I also wish you the same Eric. Thanks to management we are loosing lots of good people.

Thanks Coach. It just boils down to a personal decision for me. An opportunity came up that had the merger been going a different direction I might have passed up, but given the current situation of uncertainty I felt the urge to go ahead and better my situation and get a fresh start on life. I'm just thankful I have the flexibility to pick and choose and I wish nothing but the best for those who gut it out.

Eric: It Has Been a Pleasure,Good Luck,Make a Million more,Never forget about your Friend's @ AWA. Mick

MMW, it truly was my pleasure working with the folks at AWA and the East folks for the short period of time I've known them. It is by far the best job I've ever left. Some of you may have figured it out, but for those who are curious I was a tech-writer for the aircraft maintenance manuals and wrote the SRs and TRs for the maintenance techs. I've met many of you and haven't met a better group of techs (I use to be one myself). Good luck to you all. I'm turning over my responsiblities to good hands (although they...all two of them... may feel overwhelmed).

Dio, I have personally spoken to several members of the negotiating committee, believe me we all were there during the last bankrupcty and it is payback time.

Then the outsourced fleet agents can look forward to having their seniority restored, yes?

Eric,

A wise choice, IMO. Congratulations!

I cant speak for fleet, I was on the M&R Negotiating Committee.

Fleet took a hit no one else took - loss of recall rights.

If the IAM union cannot go to bat for fleet, as you intimate they are going to bat for mechs, just exactly what will that say about the IAM?

That they play favorites? :shock:

Heeeeeee's Baaaaack!! And it only took 48 hours.
Ask Dell dude about me I know him personally. I came back for one reason, to post the feelings of MANY pit mechanics that were slaughtered and are now p-i-s-s-ed because Frank and Bill are still in play when they should be hung. I really don't give a rats behind if you guys vote in Satan to run your so called union. I know lots and lots of people who loathe the IAM because of what they did not do, which was listen to the membership, or take a stand. But the behavior from the IAM goes all the way back to Caterpillar. Look what happened there. I work with a guy who lived the IAM nightmare twice, once at U and also at Caterpillar, ask him if he would have voted back in the IAM.

I just learned tonight there is a Water Cooler here, that's how much I give a *&* anymore about airlines, especially one called U. Recently I have been getting tons of email from furloughed mechanics is what prompted my few post. Don't worry, I am going back to where I found peace of mind, and that is far and away from unions and airlines, a place where my A&P is useless which in today’s world is most anywhere. On a serious note: God Speed to you mechanics and all airline workers because the way the world is going you will sorely and surely need it.....Bye Bye--The poster with too many names over the years….wonder if Todd still lives here…hmmm--- BYE-- C U and not later.

Latest posts