NO FLIGHT ATTENDANT FURLOUGHES!

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

HottootrotNyc

DATE: August 5, 2009

TO: All Flight Attendants

SUBJECT: No Furlough

Great news! The number of Special COLA requests submitted is sufficient, and as such
there will be no need to furlough any flight attendants. The Special COLA awards will be
posted by August 14, 2009 as previously outlined in prior bulletins.

We realize how unsettling and difficult the past couple of months have been for everyone,
and we sincerely appreciate your patience and continued focus on providing the best service
in the industry. Together we have achieved great results for everyone. Thank you for all you
do each and every day! :up:

DATE: August 5, 2009

TO: All Flight Attendants

SUBJECT: No Furlough

Great news! The number of Special COLA requests submitted is sufficient, and as such
there will be no need to furlough any flight attendants. The Special COLA awards will be
posted by August 14, 2009 as previously outlined in prior bulletins.

We realize how unsettling and difficult the past couple of months have been for everyone,
and we sincerely appreciate your patience and continued focus on providing the best service
in the industry. Together we have achieved great results for everyone. Thank you for all you
do each and every day! :up:

Congratulations! What a novel concept, saving frontline jobs. I am very happy for all who will continue to fly! Yea!!!!

I was assigned by DL 142 of the IAM to CO's concessionary negotiations for the FAs back in 05, dont ask me why, maybe cause I was on the M&R for US and the DL Communicator.

Sam Risoli was a class act, their executives were a pleasure to deal with, it was night and day compared to what I went through at US. Sam even overheard me complaining I wouldnt get home till like 10pm cause of US' last flight from IAH-CLT and a few minutes later he hands me a positive space ticket on the next CO flight which was at like 3pm and said here go see your son you been here for eight days, I was floored no one at US ever treated us like that.

I was assigned by DL 142 of the IAM to CO's concessionary negotiations for the FAs back in 05, dont ask me why, maybe cause I was on the M&R for US and the DL Communicator.

Sam Risoli was a class act, their executives were a pleasure to deal with, it was night and day compared to what I went through at US. Sam even overheard me complaining I wouldnt get home till like 10pm cause of US' last flight from IAH-CLT and a few minutes later he hands me a positive space ticket on the next CO flight which was at like 3pm and said here go see your son you been here for eight days, I was floored no one at US ever treated us like that.
Thats the problem with the IAM.They are to buddy buddy with the company. You even admitted you dont know why you were involved in the contract negotiations.Because the IAM is so jacked here,thats why.Ask the CO Fa's why they overwhelmingly voted down TA1 and never saw the vote tally when TA2 "passed". Hmm.Sam wasn't being nice,he was being smart,for CO mgmt.In the 4 years since the POS concessionary agreement was "passed" by the union(not touching base pay which affects the dues coming to momma IAM) while giving up work rules ,many more FA's are all over the IAM via twitter,facebook and sites like this to make sure we don't get fooled again.You can always make up pay,but getting work rules back is a much harder nut to crack.For those of you on the outside looking in,the grass isn't always greener here,its the PR spin each company releases.It will be interesting if we merge with United which union will prevail.I'm sure they have a lot of AFA haters over there.Look past our base pay and you will see the emporer is wearing no clothes.

Thats the problem with the IAM.They are to buddy buddy with the company. You even admitted you dont know why you were involved in the contract negotiations.Because the IAM is so jacked here,thats why.Ask the CO Fa's why they overwhelmingly voted down TA1 and never saw the vote tally when TA2 "passed". Hmm.Sam wasn't being nice,he was being smart,for CO mgmt.In the 4 years since the POS concessionary agreement was "passed" by the union(not touching base pay which affects the dues coming to momma IAM) while giving up work rules ,many more FA's are all over the IAM via twitter,facebook and sites like this to make sure we don't get fooled again.You can always make up pay,but getting work rules back is a much harder nut to crack.For those of you on the outside looking in,the grass isn't always greener here,its the PR spin each company releases.It will be interesting if we merge with United which union will prevail.I'm sure they have a lot of AFA haters over there.Look past our base pay and you will see the emporer is wearing no clothes.

You have no idea what so ever, what you are talking about. My roomie was involved with the tallying of the vote and there was no reason to list exact numbers. He was there and involved and nothing illegal went on. The concessionary contract was PASSED by the dues paying members. No work rules were given up, sorry to burst your bubble. They were amended for a period of time, along with the first three years of pay, and many other things. On December 31, 2009, almost all of our pay concessions snap-back into place and then we go into negotiations. Even with our concessions it still left us as one of the top paid flight attendant's, being in line with SWA.

On 12/31 we go back to our inital 3 years of pay, per diem back on all turns, Int'l override goes up, premiums, top pay goes to 50.00/hour, and so on and so forth. Those people you are talking about on face book and twitter are the same people who sit back and never hit up a union meeting or are never happy about anything. We have great pay, very liberal work rules that allow a lot of my co-workers to bring in six figures while maximizing time off. So please do me a favor and stick with facts instead of what people say on "Facebook and Twitter".

I've been with CAL before BK and have forgotten more stuff about about all the backroom politics between the company and IAM than you will ever know in your short career here(After you "left" DL).Tell me why there was no reason to release the vote numbers for TA2?Why was our vacation accrual shortened from 4.09 per day@28hrs per vac week down to 3.00 hrs pewr day(now 21 hrs per week?) Sick hrs earned each month reduced from 5 to 4? What about sick bank being capped at 83 hrs per month,so unless you still have over 500 hrs in your sick bank after you call in sick,the max you get paid is 83 hrs/month/What about the great side letter that states our medical will only be 20% maximum for whatever it costs the company,conveniently forgetting the fact that its the company's medical plan that is managed by different health care providers,so the "cost" figures put out by the company can and always will go up.

A telltale sign for anyone with half a brain is that the company helped the union put out the disinformation into our v-files in the crew room,and also CO paid to have the TA's printed on their dime.Is that the definition of a company union or what?You ballyhoo the high hourly rate,but if it takes a few extra days to get that high amount instad of getting it through trip rigs and duty rigs,you are looking through rose colored glasses.

Speaking of these 6 figure FA's,lets see how this works.FA Bob works 20 days a month doing EWR-LAS turns .So thats 200 hrs @ 48.15/hr.That comes out to 9600.00/monthly and with incentive pay every 3 months,and extra 500.00 per quarter which comes out to115k plus 2k more for incentive.Lets go international. Our highest time trips are India and HKG out of EWR. Assuming FA Connie can squeeze6 30 hrs trips onto her line(for you non CO people,our great contract lets you piggyback and India trip that arrives in EWR after a 15 hr flight and still be legal to go out to india the same night for another 15 hrs maronathon.)and @ 55hrs per diem @ 2.85 x 6 trips=another 900.00 which comes out to a little over 10g's a month.So yes a CO FA can make 6 figures,but at what cost? How many FA's even have the ability to network themselves to get these productive trips?If a person has no life or lives on the plane or in the crew room,thats not for me to judge,but when I have to work with someone who is so zonked out by all this flying,then it does affect me and believe me,I see this a lot.These people wont be around to collect their pension.How many other airlines let their cabin crew do unlimited polar crossings oer month with minimal rest between trips while the union says their is no proof flying like that has any effect on ones body? When CO mgmt says jump,the union says how high?

Speaking of pensions,why is it when the IAM offered the CO FA's a chance to get into their IAMNP,the multiplier was below that of every other IAM local and district, or the fact that there is no lump sum available? Could it be the IAM would love to get their hands on our money to help offset the decline in membership in the IAM while Buffenbarger rides around in his own private jet? Or to use it as a negotiation tool just in case we had to vote to switch unions. AFA and any other airline union is far far far from being perfect,but the ineptitude of IAM DL 142 knows no bottom.Elections postponed again. What a shock.

Which union represented TWA FA's and sold them out,leaving them to be stapled at the bottom of AA's seniority list? Now one of those ex TWA FA's who sold her fellow crew members out is some sad rep in WR traeling on positive space passes to "commute" to "work"with a lot less seniority than other Fla commuters,all with a wink and nod from the company.

Don't think it could happen if UA and CO hook up? Read some history son and maybe you'll learn that CO FA's were AFA a long time ago and left because we thought AFA was dominated by one airline(Rhimes with U Dyed It). Had enough? Ther's plenty more,but you're just happy you didn't get furloughed.

Did I mention the union got a bump in hrs paid,by the company, for reps to sit at the desk in the crew room,but ask 3 of them a question and you will get 4 different answers.
Pay for training was cut while pay for the reps went up. Nice.

I hope you aren't as wicked in person as you are on the bulletin boards,no matter what name you use.

COntinental Leave of Absence

I googled it. :p

Its actually Company Offered Leave of Absence

You have no idea what so ever, what you are talking about. My roomie was involved with the tallying of the vote and there was no reason to list exact numbers. He was there and involved and nothing illegal went on. The concessionary contract was PASSED by the dues paying members. No work rules were given up, sorry to burst your bubble. They were amended for a period of time, along with the first three years of pay, and many other things. On December 31, 2009, almost all of our pay concessions snap-back into place and then we go into negotiations. Even with our concessions it still left us as one of the top paid flight attendant's, being in line with SWA.

On 12/31 we go back to our inital 3 years of pay, per diem back on all turns, Int'l override goes up, premiums, top pay goes to 50.00/hour, and so on and so forth. Those people you are talking about on face book and twitter are the same people who sit back and never hit up a union meeting or are never happy about anything. We have great pay, very liberal work rules that allow a lot of my co-workers to bring in six figures while maximizing time off. So please do me a favor and stick with facts instead of what people say on "Facebook and Twitter".

The one way to not have a dispute over this is to hire a third party to do the vote counting, and publish the results.

I've been with CAL before BK and have forgotten more stuff about about all the backroom politics between the company and IAM than you will ever know in your short career here(After you "left" DL).Tell me why there was no reason to release the vote numbers for TA2?Why was our vacation accrual shortened from 4.09 per day@28hrs per vac week down to 3.00 hrs pewr day(now 21 hrs per week?) Sick hrs earned each month reduced from 5 to 4? What about sick bank being capped at 83 hrs per month,so unless you still have over 500 hrs in your sick bank after you call in sick,the max you get paid is 83 hrs/month/What about the great side letter that states our medical will only be 20% maximum for whatever it costs the company,conveniently forgetting the fact that its the company's medical plan that is managed by different health care providers,so the "cost" figures put out by the company can and always will go up.

A telltale sign for anyone with half a brain is that the company helped the union put out the disinformation into our v-files in the crew room,and also CO paid to have the TA's printed on their dime.Is that the definition of a company union or what?You ballyhoo the high hourly rate,but if it takes a few extra days to get that high amount instad of getting it through trip rigs and duty rigs,you are looking through rose colored glasses.

Speaking of these 6 figure FA's,lets see how this works.FA Bob works 20 days a month doing EWR-LAS turns .So thats 200 hrs @ 48.15/hr.That comes out to 9600.00/monthly and with incentive pay every 3 months,and extra 500.00 per quarter which comes out to115k plus 2k more for incentive.Lets go international. Our highest time trips are India and HKG out of EWR. Assuming FA Connie can squeeze6 30 hrs trips onto her line(for you non CO people,our great contract lets you piggyback and India trip that arrives in EWR after a 15 hr flight and still be legal to go out to india the same night for another 15 hrs maronathon.)and @ 55hrs per diem @ 2.85 x 6 trips=another 900.00 which comes out to a little over 10g's a month.So yes a CO FA can make 6 figures,but at what cost? How many FA's even have the ability to network themselves to get these productive trips?If a person has no life or lives on the plane or in the crew room,thats not for me to judge,but when I have to work with someone who is so zonked out by all this flying,then it does affect me and believe me,I see this a lot.These people wont be around to collect their pension.How many other airlines let their cabin crew do unlimited polar crossings oer month with minimal rest between trips while the union says their is no proof flying like that has any effect on ones body? When CO mgmt says jump,the union says how high?

Speaking of pensions,why is it when the IAM offered the CO FA's a chance to get into their IAMNP,the multiplier was below that of every other IAM local and district, or the fact that there is no lump sum available? Could it be the IAM would love to get their hands on our money to help offset the decline in membership in the IAM while Buffenbarger rides around in his own private jet? Or to use it as a negotiation tool just in case we had to vote to switch unions. AFA and any other airline union is far far far from being perfect,but the ineptitude of IAM DL 142 knows no bottom.Elections postponed again. What a shock.

Which union represented TWA FA's and sold them out,leaving them to be stapled at the bottom of AA's seniority list? Now one of those ex TWA FA's who sold her fellow crew members out is some sad rep in WR traeling on positive space passes to "commute" to "work"with a lot less seniority than other Fla commuters,all with a wink and nod from the company.

Don't think it could happen if UA and CO hook up? Read some history son and maybe you'll learn that CO FA's were AFA a long time ago and left because we thought AFA was dominated by one airline(Rhimes with U Dyed It). Had enough? Ther's plenty more,but you're just happy you didn't get furloughed.

Did I mention the union got a bump in hrs paid,by the company, for reps to sit at the desk in the crew room,but ask 3 of them a question and you will get 4 different answers.
Pay for training was cut while pay for the reps went up. Nice.

I hope you aren't as wicked in person as you are on the bulletin boards,no matter what name you use.

I couldn't agree more with you feather!!!!! :up: :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.