NO FLIGHT ATTENDANT FURLOUGHES!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been with CAL before BK and have forgotten more stuff about about all the backroom politics between the company and IAM than you will ever know in your short career here(After you "left" DL).Tell me why there was no reason to release the vote numbers for TA2?Why was our vacation accrual shortened from 4.09 per day@28hrs per vac week down to 3.00 hrs pewr day(now 21 hrs per week?) Sick hrs earned each month reduced from 5 to 4? What about sick bank being capped at 83 hrs per month,so unless you still have over 500 hrs in your sick bank after you call in sick,the max you get paid is 83 hrs/month/What about the great side letter that states our medical will only be 20% maximum for whatever it costs the company,conveniently forgetting the fact that its the company's medical plan that is managed by different health care providers,so the "cost" figures put out by the company can and always will go up.

A telltale sign for anyone with half a brain is that the company helped the union put out the disinformation into our v-files in the crew room,and also CO paid to have the TA's printed on their dime.Is that the definition of a company union or what?You ballyhoo the high hourly rate,but if it takes a few extra days to get that high amount instad of getting it through trip rigs and duty rigs,you are looking through rose colored glasses.

Speaking of these 6 figure FA's,lets see how this works.FA Bob works 20 days a month doing EWR-LAS turns .So thats 200 hrs @ 48.15/hr.That comes out to 9600.00/monthly and with incentive pay every 3 months,and extra 500.00 per quarter which comes out to115k plus 2k more for incentive.Lets go international. Our highest time trips are India and HKG out of EWR. Assuming FA Connie can squeeze6 30 hrs trips onto her line(for you non CO people,our great contract lets you piggyback and India trip that arrives in EWR after a 15 hr flight and still be legal to go out to india the same night for another 15 hrs maronathon.)and @ 55hrs per diem @ 2.85 x 6 trips=another 900.00 which comes out to a little over 10g's a month.So yes a CO FA can make 6 figures,but at what cost? How many FA's even have the ability to network themselves to get these productive trips?If a person has no life or lives on the plane or in the crew room,thats not for me to judge,but when I have to work with someone who is so zonked out by all this flying,then it does affect me and believe me,I see this a lot.These people wont be around to collect their pension.How many other airlines let their cabin crew do unlimited polar crossings oer month with minimal rest between trips while the union says their is no proof flying like that has any effect on ones body? When CO mgmt says jump,the union says how high?

Speaking of pensions,why is it when the IAM offered the CO FA's a chance to get into their IAMNP,the multiplier was below that of every other IAM local and district, or the fact that there is no lump sum available? Could it be the IAM would love to get their hands on our money to help offset the decline in membership in the IAM while Buffenbarger rides around in his own private jet? Or to use it as a negotiation tool just in case we had to vote to switch unions. AFA and any other airline union is far far far from being perfect,but the ineptitude of IAM DL 142 knows no bottom.Elections postponed again. What a shock.

Which union represented TWA FA's and sold them out,leaving them to be stapled at the bottom of AA's seniority list? Now one of those ex TWA FA's who sold her fellow crew members out is some sad rep in WR traeling on positive space passes to "commute" to "work"with a lot less seniority than other Fla commuters,all with a wink and nod from the company.

Don't think it could happen if UA and CO hook up? Read some history son and maybe you'll learn that CO FA's were AFA a long time ago and left because we thought AFA was dominated by one airline(Rhimes with U Dyed It). Had enough? Ther's plenty more,but you're just happy you didn't get furloughed.

Did I mention the union got a bump in hrs paid,by the company, for reps to sit at the desk in the crew room,but ask 3 of them a question and you will get 4 different answers.
Pay for training was cut while pay for the reps went up. Nice.

I hope you aren't as wicked in person as you are on the bulletin boards,no matter what name you use.

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! It's one of Continental's conspiracy theorists! The BIG BAD MANAGEMENT and the BIG BAD UNION hand and hand, screwing the employee's!!!! It's a good thing we have geniuses running around to properly read through a concessionary agreement. The one the company and union single handedly placed all yes votes in the voting box! I guess you didn't find the part of the contract on what we get back shortly. Then again from the I hear, SHHHH don't tell anyone! The company is going to tell the union we can't have our snap backs! But if you want proper information, you can stop by the union table and I'd be more then happy to provide you with one of the four different answers you feel you get LOL!

So just for future reference, I don't care what you think, know, feel you think you know, want to know, care about, or anything else. Are we clear, SON?

Speaking of these 6 figure FA's,lets see how this works.FA Bob works 20 days a month doing EWR-LAS turns .So thats 200 hrs @ 48.15/hr.That comes out to 9600.00/monthly and with incentive pay every 3 months,and extra 500.00 per quarter which comes out
So as most of us had suspected it is mathematically possible, but highly improbable based on what you would have to do to organize it and there be no late or canceled flights in the month. Thanks for the truth featheroleather.

Wow.So every other issue can now be ignored?
Never said that, put your CBA up against AA, UA, NW and US and then tell me what you see and what your worth vs those carriers.

Those costs for printing up the TA due to concessions are reimbursed by the company, its in those concessions that the company will pay for reasonable expenses, it was done at US also.

So as most of us had suspected it is mathematically possible, but highly improbable based on what you would have to do to organize it and there be no late or canceled flights in the month. Thanks for the truth featheroleather.

It is 100% mathematically possible, and 100% probable. It's done every single month by our high time flying, maxed out flight attendants. Also according to the harrassing PM's featherorleather has sent me, he doesn't work for Continental but Delta. If you would like I can post each and every single one...... Oh and by the way FAmikey, by all means PM me, and I can send you a link to our contract and show you some schedules of our 6 figure people, or put you intouch with a few if you like. Since it's "highly improbable"..... :rolleyes:

Just a little side note.... We are pay protected for cancelations and if our flights are delayed the trip is bought from you. From what I hear the almighty AA doesn't have those simple and basic protections. That would be the reason why you can't possible make as much as we can. Can you fly in from a 2 day LHR and turn out the sameday back to ATH? We can and if we are late, delayed, and/or canceled. The trip is protected!

Do you post inane B.S. just to get attention?
It is 100% mathematically possible, and 100% probable. It's done every single month by our high time flying, maxed out flight attendants. Also according to the harrassing PM's featherorleather has sent me, he doesn't work for Continental but Delta. If you would like I can post each and every single one...... Oh and by the way FAmikey, by all means PM me, and I can send you a link to our contract and show you some schedules of our 6 figure people, or put you intouch with a few if you like. Since it's "highly improbable"..... :rolleyes:

Just a little side note.... We are pay protected for cancelations and if our flights are delayed the trip is bought from you. From what I hear the almighty AA doesn't have those simple and basic protections. That would be the reason why you can't possible make as much as we can. Can you fly in from a 2 day LHR and turn out the sameday back to ATH? We can and if we are late, delayed, and/or canceled. The trip is protected!
Please show the whole world any P.M.'s I have sent you and the schedules for any FA's other than yourself . I work for CO,not DL.Possibly it is you under your former alias that worked for DL.

As for trip protection,we do lose overs and are pay protected for cancellations, but you are stretching it by saying if we are delayed they buy the trip.It all depends on the length of the delay and we are still subject to reassignment,which scheduling will do most of the time. We dont lose overs if the cancellations are in the last 7 days of the month.

Our 2 day LHR(flt19) lands in EWR @ 7 PM and our Ath (104)flight leaves @ 5.30 PM . If you can pull that rabbit out of your hat, Ill eat my shorts on live TV. You just proved that the elavator doesn't go all the way up in your world.

Not saying there aren't a few high time flyers who are making 100k/yr,but it is done with minimum days off and a huge toll on their health.CO likes this system,3 FA's for the price of 2.

do you have to waive rest at base, in order to go back on another international the same day?
Line holders need 10 hrs block to block in their home base.CO routinely bulids "piggyback lines for FA's.

India,TLV and GRU all arrive @5AM and many FA's trip trade to go out the same afternoon or back to India or Israel.

Not my scene.

Line holders need 10 hrs block to block in their home base.CO routinely bulids "piggyback lines for FA's.
can that be requested not to happen by placing a negation on a bid prior to an award of a schedule? or is that the norm to build international back to back with 10 hour rest between trips at base?

I guess people do what they have to do getting in their time.

can that be requested not to happen by placing a negation on a bid prior to an award of a schedule? or is that the norm to build international back to back with 10 hour rest between trips at base?

I guess people do what they have to do getting in their time.
We bid lines,not a PBS sysytem like our pilots switched to.For Sept 09,there are 5 GRU lines that are built piggybacked and 2 that are patterned 1x a week.Gru depts EWR at 10.00PM and lays over for 12 hrs (during the day) and departs GRU at 9pm the same night arriving in EWR at 6.00AM.They go out the same night.This is one of the top 3 senior trips we have,mostly for the commuters since CAL only has 2 FA bases. Our late TlV is similar,but since the layover is a little over 24 hrs,they can pattern some lines to do 4 in a row piggy backed and still have 18 days off with 89 hrs. The company will not do this on India flights because of the ultra long haul duty time and a small delay can make us illegal quickly,but FA's trade with each other and go right out the same night.

Sometimes we are our own worst enemy.

Status
Not open for further replies.