Non-Rev Travel to be FREE OF CHARGE BEGINNING 6/1/2016

jimntx

Veteran
Jun 28, 2003
Dallas, TX
www.usaviation.com
Just announced today on Jetnet...

Non-rev travel – Free of charge
created by Loral Blinde on Dec 15, 2015 10:13 AM, last modified by Thomas Bingham on Dec 15, 2015 1:56 PM

"Dear Fellow Employees,

Travel is one of the best privileges of working at an airline. As the largest airline in the world with the best network, it’s an even more compelling benefit at American. It’s our goal to have the best travel program in the business, and each year we review our travel program and compare it to our peers to make sure that statement remains true.

In 2016, once all the necessary system updates can be programmed, we are excited to announce that non-rev travel for both main and premium cabins will be free of charge.

Here’s how it will work:

• Employees, eligible retirees and your eligible dependents (spouse, domestic partner, registered companion and kids) will enjoy Main Cabin, Business and First Class travel at no charge. If the seats are available, you will be in them.
  • Just like some popular credit cards, there’s no annual fee! Some carriers waive premium upgrade fees yet require eligible travelers to pay an annual fee for their travel benefits. That’s not the case here. American’s program is ALL free of charge, NO fee travel. Note: Some taxes when traveling internationally will still apply; they’re required by certain countries and airports, and are out of any airline’s control. Similarly, under IRS rules, an employee is subject to imputed income for travel by domestic partners or registered companions.
As you might expect, we’re excited to bring these changes online and begin putting them to use. And although we can’t implement them system-wise January 1, 2016, we anticipate we’ll be able to have them up and running by June 1, 2016.

We are the world’s largest airline, and we’re building the best team in the business by offering the best travel program in the business. Watch for more information in the year ahead. In the meantime, if you’re traveling over the next several weeks, be sure to thank a frontline colleague. It’s a stressful time of the year for many travelers and our team is doing a fantastic job of taking care of them as they make their way home for the holidays"

Just read that on jetnet and reading some of the comments is unbelievable. It is a fact, some people will never, ever, ever, never be happy!

Now where's my damn prefund match and equity... B)

Reactions: 3 people
autofixer said:
Since we don't use seniority for non-reving, how will First Class versus Coach be issued?  First listed?  
Boarding priority D1T-D1-D2T-D2 etc...and yes, FCFS.

NewHampshire Black Bears said:

Don't you mean...... D1T - D1RT - D1 - D1R - D2T - D2RT - D2 - D2R  etc  ?
Good question...I'm not sure if a D1RT goes before a D1.

autofixer said:
Since we don't use seniority for non-reving, how will First Class versus Coach be issued?  First listed?  
Well, there are (and I think still will be) some restrictions on F/C seating.   Yes, it will be by "first listed" more than likely, but you know some people list for coach today while using a D1.  When traveling with family, you have a better chance of all sitting together in coach.    Children must be at least 6 years old to travel in F/C today.  I don't see that going away.. (As Oscar Wilde once said, "There are two classes of travel--First Class and with children. :lol:).  What the employee is wearing may also prevent F/C seating.  There are jeans and then there are jeans.  However, let's be clear that I am using logic here--always a dangerous proposition when discussing AA operational policy.

AANOTOK said:
Good question...I'm not sure if a D1RT goes before a D1.
Are you sure there is even a a D1R(T) category? I thought retirees traveling as D1 have the same priority as active employees....

Reactions: 1 person