Non Reving On Hp

ChrisUS said:
So it would behoove you to get on the list for both flights in advance just in case. So much for the arguement that someone said you KNOW IN ADVANCE where you stand on the list. :lol:
[post="304210"][/post]​
It's actually really easy to tell where you stand on the list. After you checkin on the web, you are told how many in each priority is checked in. So, if a total of 4 SA2P's are checked in, you are likely # 4 (maybe higher if someone else checked in within a few seconds).

If you check in at the airport--or if you are rolled over after being bumped, you simply ask the gate agent.

The only "trick" is if you checkin for a flight that looks good, but people from the flight before you are rolled over. Of course you can't tell if anyone will get rolled over or not. But, you can make a best guess.

That brings up a question about using seniority. Let's say I check in for a PHX-PHL flight (#1) 4 hours ahead of time. I am at the top of the list, but it goes out full so I get rolled over to the next flight (#2) that leaves, say, 2 hours later. If a more senior person who ONLY listed for flight #2 checked in 1 hour before that flight--would they STILL get priority over me??

JSsup said:
What about us wholy-owned Express guys? Right now I am treated as a mainline USAirways employee and travel as an S3.... I know that Mesa/Chittlepublic guys travel as S5's....
[post="304188"][/post]​

Mesa employees are shown as S3's in HP's system

PHLfa88 said:
YES. It's All About The Senority! Thats What This Business Is All About!  :up:
[post="304368"][/post]​
That's where I have a problem with using seniority. I check in for a flight 4 hours ahead of time, get cleared and settled into my seat. Then, someone who's worked there for 3 days longer strolls up at 15 minutes before boarding and bumps me.

Plus--not all positions in the airline industry are based on seniority. Seniority should be used for pay, vacations, schedule, etc. But benefits (which is what non-revving is), should be equal for everyone. A more senior person doesn't get better health benefits than I do!

Plus, with AWA's current system, there is no easy way to tell how you stand if we use seniority. If you list yourself on Shares, you have to pull up each listing, find the employee's badge number, then look up that number in the DRS to find out their hire date. When you are checking loads from home, there is absolutely NO WAY to tell the seniority of anyone else listed. With check-in time--it's simple. You see a total of 5 SA2P's listed, and there are only 3 seats open--you KNOW you better check in early. You see 3 SA2P's listed, and 20 seats left, you know you have a good chance of getting on. Of course, you should check the loads on the previous flights as well to see if any non-revs (or revenue pax) might be bumped to your flight. VERY easy!

But . .as I've said before . .I will be fine with whatever decisioin is reached--I will be happy just to have the opportunity to fly for free! Unfortunately, I don't think a lot of other people will feel the same. If "their way" of non-revving isn't chosen as the new policy, a lot of people will probably complain and use it to stir up negativity within the company. And that applies to people from both HP & US.

well, we will have a whole year of traveling on each others "ways", to figure out and decide which one is preferred, becuz obviously with the email that they gave us all, they are definately looking for input.... so input away everyone, but give it a chance first....