Now this is stupid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rhino,(or anyone else please)
I'm looking for the US Aviation magazine section (Bankruptcy domino effect), But alas, I cannot find it.
Would someone be MORE descpiptive as to which section on the board, that it's located, so I may read it !
Thanx,
NH/BB's

NHBB's,
Click on magazine in the bar at the top of the home page right next to message boards. Then scroll down and you'll find it.

NHBB, I got them both but I don't think it notifies you via e-mail if someone has sent you a PM. The e-mail arrives as an e-mail. I noticed there is a little line at the top that says Private messages and shows a count next to it.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 9/6/2002 6:51:59 PM KCFlyer wrote:

And here I thought Southwest, JetBlue and Airtran were the culprits.
----------------
[/blockquote]

Them to.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 9/5/2002 5:42:06 AM HI-LOCK wrote:

[If UAL enters into Chapter 11 it will have a major effect on the wages and benefits of all airline employees.
----------------
[/blockquote]

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/020906/american_ai...nes_cuts_1.html

Well, here we go. Isn't it a strange coincidence that Carty wants to reduce cost by about the same level as UAL? He'll get some relief form contractors, but do you think he'll drill oil wells to get gas cheaper? most of the savings will come from the hides of the AMR employees. A 20% reduction in wage costs does NOT equate to a 20% reduction in W-2 earnings. Benefit costs like medical continue to go up so a 20% reduction in wage costs will equate to considerably more. Now I could be an anti-gov whacko with a conspiracy theory

[blockquote]
----------------
On 9/6/2002 6:40:58 PM Busdrvr wrote:

but if you go down to the UAL threads and read the one about the interesting article on UAL you'll see that the ATSB has ADMITTED that they are trying to drive down wages in the INDUSTRY (not just UAL)
----------------
[/blockquote]

And here I thought Southwest, JetBlue and Airtran were the culprits.

[blockquote]
most of the savings will come from the hides of the AMR employees. [/blockquote]

Sure they will. But they probably won't come out of the paychecks of AMR employees. Nobody has been asked to take wage cuts at AMR ever because they're a short term fix, and I don't expect to see them now.

Wage cuts like those at US, HP, and Airtran (and soon for UAL) won't do anything to address the bigger problem, which is productivity. Look at the workrules at WN or JBLU, then look at a contract for the same functions at UA or AA. Fixing the workrules seems to me as being a longer term solution.

Given the choice of working harder for the same pay, or working the same for less pay, what would you pick?

[blockquote]
----------------
On 9/6/2002 7:44:44 PM eolesen wrote:

[blockquote]
most of the savings will come from the hides of the AMR employees. [/blockquote]

Sure they will. But they probably won't come out of the paychecks of AMR employees. Nobody has been asked to take wage cuts at AMR ever because they're a short term fix, and I don't expect to see them now.

B-Scale? Oh yeah, thats making the new guys pay your way

Wage cuts like those at US, HP, and Airtran (and soon for UAL) won't do anything to address the bigger problem, which is productivity. Look at the workrules at WN or JBLU, then look at a contract for the same functions at UA or AA. Fixing the workrules seems to me as being a longer term solution.

Not quite as easy as it sounds. More productivity is code for less employees, ie more furloughs, falling back to lower equip (pay cut) and career stagnation.

Given the choice of working harder for the same pay, or working the same for less pay, what would you pick?
----------------
[/blockquote]

I fly near the FAA max every month, I guess we could pull the ACARS breakers and I could then fly over the FAA max

Status
Not open for further replies.