Number of flight attendants

Blueflyer, thank you for the kind words. How is your job going theses days? I am hungry to hear about everyone's life of flying being that I have been laid off for 5 months now. I miss flying and I miss the job. Is everyone still partying like crazy on layovers? Are you still seeing the world? Please keep us poor laid off workers in the loop. Atleast we can live vicariously through you.

joanjet said:
Blueflyer, thank you for the kind words. How is your job going theses days? I am hungry to hear about everyone's life of flying being that I have been laid off for 5 months now. I miss flying and I miss the job. Is everyone still partying like crazy on layovers? Are you still seeing the world? Please keep us poor laid off workers in the loop. Atleast we can live vicariously through you.
Partying on layovers??? How can we with only FAA minimum rest? Be glad you're furloughed for the time being. Flying is a big pain these days. I flew a JFK-NRT trip 2 months ago and we only got 11 hours rest after a 14 hour flight and then had to fly 13 hours back. The conditions really stink and it's not like it use to be. Hopefully John Ward can get some balls and stand up to AA and change it.

I believe we have a little over 9000 non furlough, but that does include fa's on leave. And we have 1900 brothers and sister we desperately want to return to work. If any of you are out there, we are praying and fighting for your return.