NW Alpa and PHAA contracts and the judge

I must say that I fall under all three "kinds of men". Sometimes, not often, but sometimes I just have to test the fence.
I suspect this product warning was printed with people like you in mind.

Caution:" Cape does not enable user to fly."
-Batman costume warning label

I don't give a damn what you say, I'm not pissing on anything electrical. :shock: :shock: :shock:
ThirdSeatHero thats along the same line as my thoughts, but a Great Author said it best.

"It is not worthwhile to try to keep history from repeating itself, for man's character will always make the preventing of the repetitions impossible".
~Mark Twain

I agree that the judge does not want to decide on this, he would much rather it be worked out. If he does have to decide the contract will be thrown out.
Ya Think? :blink: Where did you ever gain such impressive foresight? Inquiring minds would like to know.

The Professional Flight Attendants Association has disputed that, saying that it has met Northwest's demand for $195 million in concessions but that the airline has not removed its demand to use more non-U.S., nonunion flight attendants on international flights.

MORE non-US, NONUNION f/as on int. flight!

When will the f/as wake up? It is an embarrassment to all f/as and labor as a whole for the PFAA to allow this in the first place.

When will the f/as wake up? After all int. flights are flown by SCABS?

When will the f/as wake up? After all int. flights and cross country flights are flown by SCABS?

When will the f/as wake up? After all int. flights and cross country flights and hub flighs are flown by SCABS?

When will the f/as take a stand? Probably never. When the NWA AMTs went on strike they told all the remaining work groups to walk the line with them BECAUSE if they don't THEY WILL BE NEXT!

Were all the other work groups at NWA just plain stupid and ignorant to think that they would not find themselves facing what they face today?

NWA AMTs stood up against greed and ineptness to PROTECT their craft & profession. The other work groups simply sat there like three chimps next to each other.

ONE COVERED HIS EYES, ONE COVERED HIS EARS AND ONE COVERED HIS MOUTH.

NWA employees deserve what they get. PURE AND SIMPLE.

Any rumours as to how the pilots are looking to vote? I thought this coming Tuesday was the end of voting but havent heard about how they think it will go? Any pilots out there?

The Professional Flight Attendants Association has disputed that, saying that it has met Northwest's demand for $195 million in concessions but that the airline has not removed its demand to use more non-U.S., nonunion flight attendants on international flights.
MORE non-US, NONUNION f/as on int. flight!

When will the f/as wake up? It is an embarrassment to all f/as and labor as a whole for the PFAA to allow this in the first place.

When will the f/as wake up? After all int. flights are flown by SCABS?

When will the f/as wake up? After all int. flights and cross country flights are flown by SCABS?

When will the f/as wake up? After all int. flights and cross country flights and hub flighs are flown by SCABS?

When will the f/as take a stand? Probably never. When the NWA AMTs went on strike they told all the remaining work groups to walk the line with them BECAUSE if they don't THEY WILL BE NEXT!

Were all the other work groups at NWA just plain stupid and ignorant to think that they would not find themselves facing what they face today?

NWA AMTs stood up against greed and ineptness to PROTECT their craft & profession. The other work groups simply sat there like three chimps next to each other.

ONE COVERED HIS EYES, ONE COVERED HIS EARS AND ONE COVERED HIS MOUTH.

NWA employees deserve what they get. PURE AND SIMPLE.
man if the scabs become the F/As I can just picture how the customers (what little is left on NWA) say when they are served the wrong things! Can you speak English I ordered a muffin but got fish! oh how stinky that would be if passengers cant even understand the emergency instructions!

man if the scabs become the F/As I can just picture how the customers (what little is left on NWA) say when they are served the wrong things! Can you speak English I ordered a muffin but got fish! oh how stinky that would be if passengers cant even understand the emergency instructions!
Actually, I belive there would be fewer language barriers using international FA's on international flights. That's part of the reason NWA wants to trend in that direction.

And it has nothing to do with money!
Part of the reason. This was in response to a claim that this would cause increased language barriers, so I was addressing that issue alone. Obviously, it would save a lot of money as well, otherwise it wouldn't be on the table.

Part of the reason. This was in response to a claim that this would cause increased language barriers, so I was addressing that issue alone. Obviously, it would save a lot of money as well, otherwise it wouldn't be on the table.
A VERY little part. The money is the real issue. I dont see any other airline using a language issue to outsource its employees.

Actually, I belive there would be fewer language barriers using international FA's on international flights. That's part of the reason NWA wants to trend in that direction.

I would like to know how many "language qualified" F/A's we have currently on the property, who for whatever reason aren't flying int'l routes.

I do not believe the langauge is the real issue. NWA mgmt doesnt want their own experienced f/as on board plain and simple. they are out to destroy and bust or whatever the unions. If I were to be a pax on a US plane bound for a foreign destination- then it should be at 1 or 2 who speak the destination country's langauge and the remaining one ENGLISH. After all it is a US plane with US regristration.

Looks like NW has backed off of it's demands for foreign F/A's....

From the article:

Schultz declined to say whether judge Gropper was among those opposed, saying only, "I can't go into detail about it, but I can tell you it was seen as an outrageous request."

and

"Only Northwest knows how committed it originally was to its proposals for the foreign flight attendants and regional jet subsidiary.
But "it's fairly normal for the parties to put things on the table, and even to be very insistent on those things, even though they secretly know they don't have a chance of getting them, and perhaps even if they know they don't really need them," said Daniel Petree, an airline labor expert and dean of the College of Business at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University in Daytona Beach, Fla."

Anyone hear how negotiations are going? Will they keep extending? How are the pilots doing with their voting? Seems pretty quiet.

Back