NW F/A's seniority range?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DLSam

Feb 11, 2008
Since it looks like we may be dancing hand in hand soon enough, I was curious to what the range of seniority is at NW (most senior, most junior etc) and have there been any new f/a's hired at NW lately. Our most senior has around 58 yrs and we are currently hiring about 1200 new hires who classes have already started.

Also curious about language speakers (we hired a bunch of them last yr and currently have a policy of protecting them in case of layoffs) as well as what yr reserve program is like ( we currently have only 3 reserve days per month, which seniority wise goes as high as necessary until the amount of reserve holders needed :rolleyes: runs out, anywhere from 20-60% of each base).

Any info would be greatly appreciated and of course if you have questions as well, question on!!

All the best,
DL f/a

1950, straight reserve, they've been "trying" to hire 3000 since last year.

North by Northwest...whats the general feeling about merging with DL over at NW? Especially amongst the f/s's? I've had a couple of recent encounters with NW f/a's lately and had alot of positive feedback, but it could of been mere politeness!!

Also, most of us are very happy with our 3 reserve days/month which have quaranteed pay (14.15 hrs), ability to preference a trip on (I have never not been assigned a trip on my reserve days at least 1 day ahead of time) , as well as being able to fly as much or as little as we want with unlimited trades and pick-ups which gives us a flexable schedule as well as a ability to manage our pay. Its a great trade off...DL gets 3 days, I get 28-29! Straight reserve..no thanks!!

Also, you mentioned trying to hire 3000 since last year..have they had any luck with that?

All the best,
DLSam

I stand corrected... #1 @ NWA is 1951.

Most crew are open to a merger....for a PRICE. Issues like seniority are not too much of a concern, as our scope is the best in the industry. (mirrored after NWA ALPA). Our contract is in full force until an election regardless of a change in ownership...which means there is a "Me too" clause in it relating to NWA pilots. As I am sure Anderson is very familiar with. The best thing for Delta FA is to vote this in now (to their benefit) vs. it happening afterwards and facing the possibility of seniority loss. Anybody who has been in this industry for more than a year should know that you NEVER trust something that is not a legally biding document when it comes to airline companies. These people at NWA (management) are killer whales, and some will be coming to the new company. Protect yourself...now.

I believe they have hired upwards of 1300 or more...for attrition (early outs) it is onging.

Delta has a good group of people.

I think they should use the AF/KLM template as much as possible. No one here is in any hurry to see 82 years of history disappear. That will be an issue if that is how it is structured. (but even that can be quieted with a certain amount of money)

In the long run, if done properly, it could be a global powerhouse with phenomenal revenue potential.

Richard Anderson knows what he is doing. (evident by the demand that Stealin is given a token sit down and shut up card)

RA knows what the obstacles are, and I think he will cover his bases.

arent the northwest f/a's AFA......?

Sooooooo that would be DOH.....or am I wrong.......

If so how simple.....if not..look out for the "Giant can of worms"......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts