Obama

Saw Big 'O' trying(feebly) to distance himself from this on Fox news Friday nite.Through this dilemma,he's showing the country that he's just another smooth talking pol and not the 'savior of mankind' as he tries to portray.He denied being there when this guy did his stand up and I know for a fact this is going to be looked into and they will show he was there and then I want to see what he has to say.This will hurt him...the question is ,can he get by it.

I know I'm going to be tarred and feathered for this comment, but what the hell...

Geraldine Ferarro was right.

No one would know who the junior senator from IL was if he wasn't black?

Oprah wouldn't be rallying the housewife contingent for any other third year senator would she? 'Course not.

Yeah, you are probably right. But, likewise, know one would know who Hillary was if she wasn't Bill's wife.

Yeah, you are probably right. But, likewise, know one would know who Hillary was if she wasn't Bill's wife.

Touche! The only candidate that has the appropriate credentials for the presidency is McCain. However, that is not to say that this country votes on credentials alone, or at all (i.e. GWB, Jimmy Carter, etc). This will probably hurt Obama and his campaign, because over the past few months, each candidate on the democratic side has taken hits from these negative campaigns. The only people that will lose in the end is the democratic party itself, they really need to pull together somehow and soon, or else they are going to make it very difficult for themselves in the general election.

I think we are much better off as voters by just focusing on the issues, and how each candidate (1) plans on fixing this country, and (2) will act in terms of being able to bring the country together. I know one person that is completely incapable of #2, the others are up to debate.

The longer this Dem. primary BS..drags out, the better for johnny Mac.

Back to Obama,(As far as HC is concerned)...."it in't over till the fat lady sings"

"IF" Hillary does (somehow)get the "nod", it could be a very close battle between her and Johnny Mac, because of all this lost valuable time !

(You "Coolers" STILL have not seen me "throw in the towel" on HC)

"If" HC (finally) squares of against Mc C, and she's behind, going into the General election, her only hope would be to play her last, BUT POWERFUL trump card, and that of course is "EL-CHIMPO" :blink:

"ARE you better off today, than you were 8 years ago"...is still a VERY POWERFUL Mantra !

If this Obama/paster story continues to grow, and he starts losing altitude, he would be IMHO, a FOOL not to step aside and take the VP job.

This primary STILL has a way to go !

He denied being there when this guy did his stand up and I know for a fact this is going to be looked into and they will show he was there and then I want to see what he has to say.
Politico.com

But, for the first time, Obama admitted what he previously had denied: that he was present when Wright had made some of his outrageous comments.

“Did I ever hear him make remarks that could be considered controversial while I sat in church?â€￾ Obama said. “Yes. Did I strongly disagree with many of his political views? Absolutely — just as I’m sure many of you have heard remarks from your pastors, priests or rabbis with which you strongly disagreed.â€￾

Obama did not say, however, that he had ever expressed his disagreement to Wright or in any way attempted to get Wright to moderate or change his views.

Instead, Obama said Wright was “more than snippets of those sermons that have run in an endless loop on the television and YouTube.â€￾

Transcript from Fox News

OBAMA: Well, Major, I've got to confess that, you know, as you know, I was voting in the Senate all day yesterday. So I wasn't following this story as carefully as I could have been. And then I flew back to Chicago.

When I saw these statements, many of which I had heard for the first time, then I thought it was important to make a very clear and unequivocal statement.

None of these statements were ones that I had heard myself personally in the pews. One of them I had heard about after I had started running for president, and I put out a statement at that time condemning them.

The other statements were ones that that I just heard about while we were -- when they started being run on FOX and some of the other stations. And so they weren't things that I was familiar with.

Once I saw them, I had to be very clear about the fact that these are not statements that I'm comfortable with. I reject them completely. They are not ones that reflect my values or my ideals or Michelle's. And that, had I heard them, had I been sitting in the church at the time that they were spoken, I would have been absolutely clear to Reverend Wright that I didn't find those acceptable. Obviously.

“Did I ever hear him make remarks that could be considered controversial while I sat in church?â€￾ Obama said. “Yes.

GARRETT: So, quick yes or no. If had you heard them in person you would have quit?

OBAMA: If I had heard them repeated, I would have quit. I mean, obviously, understand that -- understand that, you know, this is somebody who is like an uncle. If you have -- to me. He's somebody who helped me find Christ. And somebody who always talked to me in very powerful ways about relationship to God and our obligations to the poor.

If somebody makes a mistake, then obviously, you recognize -- I make mistakes. We all make mistakes. If I thought that that was the repeated tenor of the church, then I wouldn't feel comfortable there.

But, frankly, that has not been my experience at Trinity United Church of Christ.

Major change from Friday night......there were operatives in these sermons for quite some time and Obama's camp found out about it....... :shock: So whats he done to his character?

Like I said....it was being looked into.

Veritas,thanks for the update.

McCain=

"speacial" treatment in Vietnam because Daddy was an Admiral...oh, Grandpa was too.

LOVES illegal aliens, maybe because he was born in Panama.

Believes in 100 year WARS.

Doesn't have a clue about economics...just look at the exchange between him and Ron Paul.

Found this wife while still married to the last one.

Has NEVER been known to listen to what the "citizens" what.

This man doesn't have the credentials to be a proper dog catcher let alone President.

If by special you mean getting tortured like everyone else then yes.

No, I mean being torture FAR LESS than everybody else.

http://www.usvetdsp.com/mcianhro.htm

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m157..._16/ai_61487324

A RE DYED George Bush with real military credentials to use for a power grab (owned lock stock and barrel by corporations)

"When they held the hearings, it was McCain who handled the family members in a very rough manner, reducing one woman to tears. There are a lot of folks who compared him to Jane Fonda after he hugged Bui Tin, a former North Vietnamese army officer and interrogator/torturer of American prisoners of war, or POWs, who testified at the hearings. Symbolically, it's like seeing Fonda sitting on the antiaircraft gun. If you think that these people are still holding some of our men, as many of these families do, that's not the kind of photo that's going to endear you to him. I don't care what his reason was for doing it. It was an outrage."

Some of you might not care....

Let's take a closer look at who's really qualified and or who's really working for the good of all of us in the Senate. Obama or Clinton.

Senator Clinton, who has served only one full term - 6yrs. - and
another year campaigning, has managed to author and pass into law - 20
- twenty pieces of legislation in her first six years.

These bills can be found on the website of the Library of Congress
www.thomas.loc.gov, but to save you the trouble, they are posted them here for you.

1. Establish the Kate Mullany National Historic Site.

2. Support the goals and ideals of Better Hearing and Speech Month.

3. Recognize the Ellis Island Medal of Honor.

4. Name courthouse after Thurgood Marshall.

5. Name courthouse after James L. Watson.

6. Name post office after Jonn A. O'Shea.

7. Designate Aug. 7, 2003, as National Purple Heart Recognition Day.

8. Support the goals and ideals of National Purple Heart Recognition Day.

9. Honor the life and legacy of Alexander Hamilton on the bicentennial of his death.

10. Congratulate the Syracuse Univ. Orange Men's Lacrosse Team on
winning the championship.

11. Congratulate the Le Moyne College Dolphins Men's Lacrosse Team on
winning the championship.

12. Establish the 225th Anniversary of the American Revolution
Commemorative Program.

13. Name post office after Sergeant Riayan A. Tejeda.

14. Honor Shirley Chisholm for her service to the nation and express
condolences on her death.

15. Honor John J. Downing, Brian Fahey, and Harry Ford, firefighters
who lost their lives on duty. Only five of Clinton's bills are, more
substantive. 16. Extend period of unemployment assistance to victims
of 9/11..

17. Pay for city projects in response to 9/11

18. Assist landmine victims in other countries.

19. Assist family caregivers in accessing affordable respite care.

20. Designate part of the National Forest System in Puerto Rico as
protected in the wilderness preservation system.

There you have it, the fact's straight from the Senate Record.

The following are those of Obama. The list is too substantive, so they are categorized.

During the first - 8 - eight years of his elected service he sponsored
over 820 bills. He introduced

233 regarding healthcare reform,

125 on poverty and public assistance,

112 crime fighting bills,

97 economic bills,

60 human rights and anti-discrimination bills,

21 ethics reform bills,

15 gun control,

6 veterans affairs and many others.

His first year in the U.S. Senate, he authored 152 bills and
co-sponsored another 427. These inculded **the Coburn-Obama Government
Transparency Act of 2006 - became law, **The Lugar-Obama Nuclear
Non-proliferation and Conventional Weapons Threat Reduction Act, -
became law, **The Comprehensive Immigration Reform Act, passed the
Senate, **The 2007 Government Ethics Bill, - became law, **The
Protection Against Excessive Executive Compensation Bill, In
committee, and many more.

In all, since entering the U.S. Senate, Senator Obama has written 890
bills and co-sponsored another 1096.

An impressive record, for someone who supposedly has no record
according to some who would prefer that this comparison not be made public.

He's not just a talker.

He's a doer.

Obama is the HYPE!

Pass it on....people need to know.

No, I mean being torture FAR LESS than everybody else.

http://www.usvetdsp.com/mcianhro.htm

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m157..._16/ai_61487324

A RE DYED George Bush with real military credentials to use for a power grab (owned lock stock and barrel by corporations)

"When they held the hearings, it was McCain who handled the family members in a very rough manner, reducing one woman to tears. There are a lot of folks who compared him to Jane Fonda after he hugged Bui Tin, a former North Vietnamese army officer and interrogator/torturer of American prisoners of war, or POWs, who testified at the hearings. Symbolically, it's like seeing Fonda sitting on the antiaircraft gun. If you think that these people are still holding some of our men, as many of these families do, that's not the kind of photo that's going to endear you to him. I don't care what his reason was for doing it. It was an outrage."

Do read the articles you post links to? I see that David Hackworth was a source for the article. In case you did not know he had a habit of going after well known POW's. When Michael Durrant came home from Somalia Hackworth attacked him as well. He said Durrant spilled his guts to the Somili's even though it was not true and he had no evidence. Of course Mike Durrant was more than a bit upset and challenged him on it. You know what Mr. Hackworth did, he sent Mike Durrant and postcard saying he did not have time. Says a lot about a person who attacks a fellow serivcemen on something which he has no proff of and then is not man enough to defend his position when confronted.

It was no secret that McCain had admitted to giving information to the enemy.

If you read up on the experiences of American POW's during the Vietnam he was not the only one. Are you going to condem them as well?

McCain=

"speacial" treatment in Vietnam because Daddy was an Admiral...oh, Grandpa was too.

LOVES illegal aliens, maybe because he was born in Panama.

Believes in 100 year WARS.

Doesn't have a clue about economics...just look at the exchange between him and Ron Paul.

Found this wife while still married to the last one.

Has NEVER been known to listen to what the "citizens" what.

This man doesn't have the credentials to be a proper dog catcher let alone President.

...So you think nurse ratched is the best choice?

Latest posts

Back