Obama

The same concern was expressed about JFK in 1960.

Really? I don't have any recollections of his Pastor spewing anti-American,anti-white or anti-protestant venom.I do remember some fear of his being the first Catholic in the oval office.
Or are you inferring Big 'O' is a Muslim?

Really? I don't have any recollections of his Pastor spewing anti-American,anti-white or anti-protestant venom.I do remember some fear of his being the first Catholic in the oval office.
Or are you inferring Big 'O' is a Muslim?

Good Lord dell...back in the day (and even today) some viewed the pope as the anti-christ - so there was no need to spew anti American/white or whatever...just the fact that JFK's policies would be directed by Rome. This "uproar" over Obama's pastor is the same thing - is his pastor running the country or not? And speaking of pastors - do you thing John Hagee's (the guy who called the Catholic Church the "great whore") is going to hurt McCain's chances?

So they show night after night the esteemed Reverend spewing all his diatribe on every channel and Big 'O' plays plausible deniability only to be shown sitting there nodding in approval when he said he wasn't there.Suddenly the 'Brother' is just another pol a-whole,
looking like he agrees with the esteemed Reverend.....and from what I was hearing today.....its hurting him.
Don't forget....back in the day, news didn't go down quite as spectacularly as today.

So they show night after night the esteemed Reverend spewing all his diatribe on every channel and Big 'O' plays plausible deniability only to be shown sitting there nodding in approval when he said he wasn't there.Suddenly the 'Brother' is just another pol a-whole,
looking like he agrees with the esteemed Reverend.....and from what I was hearing today.....its hurting him.
Don't forget....back in the day, news didn't go down quite as spectacularly as today.

No it sure didn't. Next election, I expect cameras and microphones in urinals so we can get a real "behind the scenes" look at the candidates. Whodathunk that someone would figure Obama was big enough to actually film him at church? Wouldn't the cameraman have been a bit of a bother to the other parishoners? Or is it possible that a film could be spliced? I mean, what if Obama was hearing "love your neighbor" and nodding his head in approval, but the soundtrack was changed to "hate whitey"? Nah...technology hasn't progressed that far yet...has it?

And I guess they didn't have video of JFK at Mass...nodding in approval as the priest (representative of the antichrist) led the congregation in a "Hail Mary". Lordy...if that was available back then, Watergate would have happened in 1964 instead of 1972.

. Whodathunk that someone would figure Obama was big enough to actually film him at church?

Newsmax.com was the one in the pew....Rightwing conspiracy for sure.

[Wouldn't the cameraman have been a bit of a bother to the other parishoners? Or is it possible that a film could be spliced?

If you look at the vid's of this guy....I think the church is responsible for taping the sermons and you'll find them available.

They tell me the Newsmax guy blended right in.......

"In a foreign policy speech last week at George Washington University, [Hillary] Clinton used the description of the dangerous arrival to bolster her argument that she has the foreign policy experience needed to be commander in chief.
She said when she arrived in Bosnia on March 25, 1996, 'I remember landing under sniper fire. There was supposed to be some kind of a greeting ceremony at the airport, but instead we just ran with our heads down to get into the vehicles to get to our base.'
But news video footage of her arrival at Tuzla shows Clinton, then the first lady, calmly walking from the rear ramp of a U.S. Air Force C-17 transport plane with her daughter, Chelsea, then 16, at her side. Both Clintons held their heads up and did not appear rushed as they walked toward the group waiting on the tarmac to welcome them."

Her Response...

"I say a lot of things -- millions of words a day -- so if I misspoke, that was just a misstatement," she said."

Full Story from CNN

Well that's something we can look forward to when you're president! Hillary Clinton LOVES to exaggerate her foreign policy experience. At least Obama has the integrity to admit he has none.

At least Obama has the integrity to admit he has none.
Bush had no foreign policy experience. As the Republican nominee for president, he did not know who was the president of Pakistan, referred to the people of Greece as Grecians, the Kosovars as Kosovians, and confused Slovenia with Slovakia.

If you like the foreign policy achievements of the Bush administration, you have no reason to worry.

CNN - Bush lacks Gore's foreign policy expertise

CNN - Bush fails reporter's pop quiz on international leaders

Bush had no foreign policy experience. As the Republican nominee for president, he did not know who was the president of Pakistan, referred to the people of Greece as Grecians, the Kosovars as Kosovians, and confused Slovenia with Slovakia.

If you like the foreign policy achievements of the Bush administration, you have no reason to worry.

You obviously missed my point entirely.

I'm talking about Hillary LYING and EMBELLISHING about her foreign policy experience, using fabricated stories and situations to create the atmosphere that people will believe she is an expert on foreign relations. If she felt her credentials and experience were sufficient and appropriate, she wouldn't have to lie. Bush & Bill Clinton didn't lie about their lack of f.p. experience, did they...

It's classic Clinton politics. But she's got to be careful - there's a lot of skeletons in those closets of theirs!

For that matter....Bill Clinton had little or none too...
I am willing to bet that Clinton knew the names of the presidents in the hot spots of the world, could tell the difference between Slovenia and Slovakia and was able to differentiate the Greeks from the hair dye product.

I'm talking about... LYING and EMBELLISHING... using fabricated stories and situations to create the atmosphere that people will believe...
You mean like the lies and doctored intelligence that the Bush administration used to justify going to war in Iraq?

I am willing to bet that Clinton knew the names of the presidents in the hot spots of the world, could tell the difference between Slovenia and Slovakia and was able to differentiate the Greeks from the hair dye product.

I doubt it...Hell he wasted a good Cigar! :lol:

You mean like the lies and doctored intelligence that the Bush administration used to justify going to war in Iraq?

Some Truth For Veritas :up:

I don't know... but I do know that George Bush isn't running for President, so I'm really struggling to see how your argument applies here. Are you saying because you think the President lied that it makes it ok for everyone else?

Some Truth For Veritas...

Veritas - are you going to respond to the video???????

Snopes.com

BreakTheChain.org

Truncated, out of context and mostly from a different era (predominantly from 1998).

Most of the more recent statements were made in speeches arguing against the Bush administration's plans to invade Iraq.

Did you bother to look into the Frontline special this week on Bush's War? 5 hours of investigative reporting on the plan to invade.Was interesting and eye opening for sure.

Did you bother to look into the Frontline special this week on Bush's War? 5 hours of investigative reporting on the plan to invade.Was interesting and eye opening for sure.
FRONTLINE: bush's war

In the fall of 2001, even as America was waging a war in Afghanistan, another hidden war was being waged inside the administration.

On one side, Secretary of State Colin Powell and Director of Central Intelligence George Tenet squared off against Vice President Dick Cheney and his longtime ally, Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld. The battles were over policy -- whether to attack Iraq; the role of Iraqi exile Ahmad Chalabi; how to treat detainees; whether to seek United Nations resolutions; and the value of intelligence suggesting a connection between Saddam Hussein and the 9/11 attacks -- but the conflict was deeply personal.

"Friendships were dashed," Powell's deputy Richard Armitage tells FRONTLINE. As the war within the administration heated up, Armitage and Powell concluded that they were being shut out of key decisions by Cheney and Rumsfeld. "The battle of ideas, you generally come up with the best solution. When somebody hijacks the system, then, just like a hijacked airplane, very often no good comes of it," Armitage adds.

Back