October 1st flight schedule.

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bagsmasher

Ahh October, has been a welcome change. We now have 7 AA metal aircraft coming into MCI everyday, up from only one on the last schedule. We at MCI had felt like TWA had bought AA, when you hardly ever see AA metal or flight crews. I was nice to see those MD-80''s with black noses coming to the gate. A pleasure to work them. Also it was nice to see that all the coach seats matched each other, and there were no holes in the seat covers. The overheads and carpet were nice, glad to see AA metal again. Another nice change was seeing some young flight crews, energetic and cheerful. Made us think back to the good old days before 4-10-01, when we truly were American Airlines.

Oh I forgot, we started LGA service, with about 28 on the first flight out. By the way, how do you get to JFK from LGA? Shuttle, bus or train? Don't tell me cab.
Also JFK Fleet Service, let what go? Can't I be glad to work for AA again?

[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 10/2/2002 6:58:24 AM bagsmasher wrote:
[P]Can't I be glad to work for AA again?[/P]
[P]----------------[/P]
[P][FONT size=1]Wasn't aware you'd left.[/FONT][/P][/BLOCKQUOTE]
[P][/P]

It gets better, yesterday I went up on one of our AA MD-80's, and the only other person on board was a T-dub. I mentioned how much nicer AA's planes were than the TWA planes. A discussion insued, and he was quite upset, as I noticed his head turning red. Just then another AAer came up and as he was walking back, said Man it sure is nice to be working AA metal again. The T-dub continued arguing with the two of us, and just then the Crew Chief came up, and as he was walking back, said I had forgotten how much nicer our planes are than theirs. That was the end of the discussion as the T-dub would not talk to us anymore. He finished his work red-faced and without a word. He calmed down latter, and was acting normal.

My question is why would a T-dub get that angry, when it is so obvious that the AA aircraft are in much better shape than the TWA aircraft?

Status
Not open for further replies.