Old American had a "lack of management-labor relations" -- Doug Parker

screw that   DP still has not settled with both IAM groups   he needs to put his money where his mouth is and settle both IAM groups now  or he gonna have a helluva a nightmare IF the NMB releases both groups at the same time.    Or he can put it where the sun don't shine

CONTRACTS NOW!

Reactions: 3 people
US doesn't exactly have stellar labor relations. Yes I recognize the whole integration debacle with the pilots is out of management hands, but even giving them the benefit of the doubt its hardly been smooth sailing. The IAM groups have been negotiating for how many years and still remain far apart with no meaningful progress.

Josh

what the IAM is asking for is not UNREASONABLE..    what the donkeys are doing by not negogiating with the IAM is UNREASONABLE and Pathetic.  

LOCK   N    LOAD

talks been going on for over 3 yrs now  and no progress on the donkeys side    just their own ego has gotten the best of them jackasses

Guess joshie isnt smarter enough to retain what is posted on here.

According to members of the NC for Fleet they are down to like six key items that cannot be agreed upon.

Does that also mean it is AA's biggest vulnerability?

http://aviationblog.dallasnews.com/2014/03/parker-biggest-opportunity-for-new-american-airlines-is-through-better-management-labor-relations.html/

excerpt

“The biggest difference at American versus the other airlines I’ve been is the lack of management-labor relations. Again, I don’t know how it happened. I don’t really care. But it’s there. I tell the American Airlines team this all the time. I’ve been doing this for a long time, and no other management team says the word ‘labor’ as much as the American Airlines management team said it.

I can't believe Parker could say this stuff with a straight face.  Labor relations and morale at LCC were in the crapper when the merger with AA was announced.  If he plans on running AAG the same way he handled labor relations at LLC, we are truly doomed to be a distant fourth behind DAL, SWA and UAL.

Perhaps he can write a book and title it based on Gordon Bethune's story about CO.  Parker could call his: "From First To Worst."

Reactions: 7 people
Considering that the PMAA f/a union asked 3 or 4 times to be released because the company was not negotiating in good faith, and it never happened, what chance do you think any other union has to be released?  One of the times the APFA asked to be released was following an NMB-ordered mediated negotiation session, and the company sent neither a representative nor their regrets.  The request for release was still refused.

Reactions: 1 person
DUI Doug Suffers from CRS- Can't Remember ****!!

Watch the stock price start to drop like a rock when we get released!

The IAM needs to take out full page ads in USA Today and the WSJ the day we are released!!!!!

Reactions: 2 people