Once Again The Iam Is Not Fully Informing You

strike facts

Sep 21, 2003
What is most likely to happen in a strike situation is that US AIRWAYS will invoke the clause we all know of, "In cases of acts of God, Strikes, etc..."
When US AIRWAYS invokes that clause you can bet the company will finally be able to go below the 279 aircracft. What may also happen is that all of those who are striking and those who are sympathizing will be left outside looking in.

Remember 911 when the company invoked that clause? What was the IAM's reaction to that? Don't you all remember that the IAM talked big but when they settled with the company they pissed all over the greivances that the employees filed?

If that happens then even though a sympathizer is entitled to contractually sympathize, the company is entitled to invoke the strike clause in its contract. The end result is that the sympathizer may be stuck out of a job. Not fired, not laid off, and not active.

Example 1 timeline : Joe is a sympathizer and walks the line. The company legally reduces its schedule and fleet because of "the strike clause". Thousands are laid off. IAM settles dispute. Company claims it will take 9 months to get back to normal because of the strike (same thing they said for the Iraqi war). In the meantime, everyone sympathizing (regardless of seniority) could be stuck out of work because there are no positions to be filled and you don't necessarily have a right to that job you left in this situation. What's worse is that a sympathizer is not guaranteed to collect unemployment benefits. And chapter 7 is a real possibility also, in which case, you all lose your jobs over

Example 2 timeline: same as number 1 except Joe is actually striking and not sympathizing.

Do you think that the IAM is going to be right there for you?

The IAM has not fully informed you on much of anything:

Find out from an attorney before you take the bread off your table for an extended period of time, or close your own company's doors for good: 1. Your rights 2. unemployment benefits 3. risks associated with the 'act of God, strike clause' in your contract

dude,i asked my attorney and he said IAM atty's were more than qualified.
if you haven't taken notice,nothing has happened to create a contractual violation.
until it comes,we are status quo ...what do you want the union to tell you? plain and simple my friend,this type of contractual violation allows an immediate strike without a vote.(kind of scary,huh?)
you seem to have some misconception with the 'force majure' clauses of the company's operating policy.
believe me,if this will come to pass,my friend...it will not be an act of god as you imply,but AN ACT OF LABOR SOLIDIFIED BY TYRANICAL ACTIONS.
SO REST ASSURED ,WE WILL LET THEM KNOW IN NO UNCERTAIN TERMS!
it is terribly evident that you harbor qualms over the thought of having to strike....rest assured,i have a mortgage and bills and the like also.when are you going to realize that if the buses go,so will the boeings....
when are you people comming to the realization that you will be out of work?are there not things worth standing up and fighting for anymore?
how many of your union brothers are willing to go the distance ,not just for the airbus thing,but for your right to keep your work? if you cannot come to this my friend,i hope you are a minority.remember though,when you cross the line because you have a wife and kids and payments....i will be standing proudly defending YOUR right to save and keep YOUR work from a bunch of CONTRACT BREAKING FOOLS.

Delldude,

Check it out...."Strike Facts poster" is a "newbie". How much to bet its managment trying to divide the group. You know they are going to come out on these boards fast and with much fury......

Brace yourself....its coming!

I see some company propaganda! Haha... They must be starting to get nervous. Remember in business never let 'em see you sweat.

When we go out the company will be going out right behind us. It will be over and we will be saving every one from this plague. Allot are ready to end this chapter in their lives permanently. You cannot beat them down any more.

--Gotten nervous strike facts? Let's play it until the end. A man has no fear when he has nothing to lose (and we got nothing to lose).

--I can hear it now. I'm sorry Dr. Bronner I thought I had it under control. Can I still have my mega bonus?

The number one reason for a successful strike is job preservation.

Turn up the heat.

Attachments

• hot_wht.gif
    hot_wht.gif
    4.2 KB · Views: 128
Good job PITbull.

The first post of a newcomer, and its "doom and gloom" and the I.A.M.'s fault.

Nice try "trite facts". But like pitguy said, most of us are psychologically if not financially at the end of our ropes. Either we end up on the street watching a couple of millionaires get even more money (what was contractually ours), or we go out on the street and deny them this plunder.

Of course their is a third possible outcome. Follow the existing legal contracts.

If this management doesn't watch it, it will find itself in a "unique corporate compaction".

Good Post-Strike Facts!

The IAM will not be there for the members and they must understand their future without this group. If needed, then all members should cross the picket lines. You must think about the overall future of this company and not allow one labor group to affect the other groups.

I stand on the side of Dave Siegel. :up:

We are not doing this for the IAM. We are going to strike for "OUR" jobs. Abide by the contract or we will shut it down.

We too can play dirty.

Attachments

• mudplay.gif
    mudplay.gif
    6 KB · Views: 132
Do_it_for_Davey,

You are a howl to come on here and say that...LOL.....

You say..." the IAM will not be there for you"? THE MEMBERS ARE THE IAM. So, are you talking IAM Members OR IAM Leaders? The IAM will be there for each other, and the OTHER groups will honor them and their pickets.

Please tell me when this MANAGEMENT was there for the employees.....????

Do_it_for_Dave said:
Good Post-Strike Facts!

The IAM will not be there for the members and they must understand their future without this group. If needed, then all members should cross the picket lines. You must think about the overall future of this company and not allow one labor group to affect the other groups.

I stand on the side of Dave Siegel. :up:
Management (or those pretending to be, just to get their kicks by taunting good hardworking people) appear in this forum posting ridiculous scenarios and must believe they're dealing with fools.

FUD doesn't work with the majority of these US employees anymore, it is simply a waste of time. If this new wave of posts is from management, as an outside observer, it appears that this demostrates clear-cut acts of desperation.

A significant corner may have been turned and US management, in all likelihood, has lost the ability to toy with employees by plugging in the standard emotional blackmail "what-if" scenario to suit their latest purposes.

The posts that I've read consistently indicate that US management demoralized great numbers of employees. (Dare I include, too, the nonsense with the local and state governments of PA?)

My take on this whole debacle is that most employees would rather stand together on this issue and risk the loss of their jobs rather than contribute one more pint of blood, sweat or tears to/for people whom they do not respect, trust nor believe.

As we approach the inevitable, emotions that are now high, will be inflamed even more. New identities will pop up on here to fan the flames, and the usual apologists and defenders of the regime will be reinvigorated.

Fear is a primal motivator and sadly, the most often used motivator by certain management types. Managers that lack leadership and "people" skills often resort to intimidation. While it may be successful in the short term, it rarely succeeds long term and ultimately breeds disrespect and resentment. This regime may be setting a time record for getting from results to resentment.

Everyone should read the following linked story and realize it is very possible that you are now being goaded into typing something you will regret later.

http://cyber.law.harvard.edu/digitaldiscov..._library_1.html

In my opinion, the tactics, and strategy, is as transparent as glass.

TheLarkAscending wrote:
My take on this whole debacle is that most employees would rather stand together on this issue and risk the loss of their jobs rather than contribute one more pint of blood, sweat or tears to/for people whom they do not respect, trust nor believe.

LarkAscending,

What you wrote above made me very emotional inside.

You have just spoken the sentiments of many, many employees of U. I will never understand this management and what they have done, and our doing, to the employees and their families lives.

Life is about "humanity" and desency even in business. Having "peace of mind" is the greatest gift in life to have. We will stand together.

Thank you for keeping a "watchful eye" on us here at U.

Keep the faith,

"I stand on the side of Dave Siegel."

You, my freind, are standing on the wrong side. And shortly you will be standing there all alone. The rest of us have had our eyes opened widely and understand what is going on here. I suggest you open your eyes too.

There will be no company if Siegel continues his folly of outsourcing and ignoring legally binding contracts. He can play the game anyway he wants. Inside or outside of Chapter 7 or 11. We have had enough. We want someone who knows how to run an airline and not someone who knows how to work the legal system.

mr