Why Is The Iam Violating Our Contract By Refusing

Does all this bickering really matter right now? The IAM will be representing you during this crucial time, so everyone should be rallying around them to protect the work that is rightfully yours! This to me should be your ONLY focus, the other can wait.

Let's concentrate all of our energy on this fight first, then your memebership can decide who would be better to represent you going forward.

F/AinDay said:
Does all this bickering really matter right now? The IAM will be representing you during this crucial time, so everyone should be rallying around them to protect the work that is rightfully yours! This to me should be your ONLY focus, the other can wait.

Let's concentrate all of our energy on this fight first, then your memebership can decide who would be better to represent you going forward.
F/AinDAY,

You my friend could not possiibly be more correct in your observations !!

The company is exploiting numerous things as we speak....and it's all in an attempt to further divide the IAM's current situation.

The company feels certain that their is a hole in the IAM's contract on the Airbus work. .....hince they are attempting to exploit that.

The company knows or assumes that the IAM membership is equally divided on whom they want to be represented by (IAM Vs. AMFA)......again this is an area that the company will exploit to it's maximum benefit.

Needless to say....this is NOT a time to be a "House Divided"

Lets WIN our dispute with the company over Airbus outsourcing first....then the majority can vote on whom represents us in the aftermath.

One issue at a time !!!!!

F/AinDay said:

AGREED

jetmechline said:
delldude said:
JETMECHLINE:
so its under appeal...this means its not cast in stone.so your hoopla is meaningless.
Delldude, Judge Edward R. Korman doesn't agree with you! And that, my friend, is what matters the most !!!!!!

United States District Court
Eastern District of New York
Case # CV 99 4341

Judge: Edward R. Korman ordered August 5, 2003.

Within 10 days of date of this order, the IAM shall inter into negotiations with US Airways for the purpose of establishing new classification seniority dates for the Plaintiffs identical to each such Plaintiffs original date of entry into the mechanic classification at Eastern Air Lines, as adjusted and reflected in trial exhibit 134, which is attached hereto and incorporated herein.

The IAM shall exert every reasonable effort to ensure that such adjusted seniority shall be set fort on every applicable seniority list created and maintained by US Airways pursuant to the IAM/US Airways bargaining agreement, and such seniority dates shall be available for utilization by plaintiffs for all purposes under such agreement, and subject to the terms thereof.

With regard to those plaintiffs who are on a furlough status from US Airways as of date of this order, the IAM shall exert every reasonable effort in negotiations with US Airways to obtain the right of such plaintiffs, at the earliest possible date, to resume their employment at the station from which they were furloughed, with work assignments and shifts to be determined pursuant to the applicable provisions of the IAM-US Airways collective bargaining agreement. The IAM shall take the position in such negotiations that these employees will be eligible to use their collective classification seniority date in any and all station rebids following their return to work at the station from which they were furloughed.

In complying with this order, the IAM shall make every reasonable effort to minimize the expense to non-party US Airways in implementing the proposals made by defendant IAM pursuant to this Order. The provisions of this order do not require US Airways to negotiate with or reach any agreement with the IAM on the maters set forth in paragraphs 1 and 2 of this order, the IAM shall advise the court forthwith, which may order such further relief as may be necessary, If, within sixty days of the date of this order, US Airways has not fully agreed with the IAM’s proposals as set forth above for any reason, the IAM shall promptly report to the court which may order such further relief as may be necessary.

In the event US Airways agrees to the terms, which the IAM is required by paragraphs 1 and 2 of this order to propose, the IAM shall promptly notify the court. Implementation of such an agreement shall be held in abeyance pending the resolution of any appeal by the IAM of this order, provided that the IAM has filed a notice of appeal within five days of the date of entry of this order and has promptly moved the court for expedited briefing and consideration.

IT IS SO ORDERED, THIS 5TH day of AUGUST 2003.

Hon. Edward R. Korman
Chief United States District judge
Jetmechline wrote.
Delldude, Judge Edward R. Korman doesn't agree with you! And that, my friend, is what matters the most !!!!!!
El wrongo dude. The judge did not agree the jury did. Huge differance. The judge acted on a decision of a jury.

It should also be noted that the Eastern employee's signed a letter ( I don't have absolute terminology of the letter, please don't quote, I am stating now that I do not posatively know.) That in order to keep their Eastern retirement they would understand that this was a new company and they had no claim against it.

The appeal having not being heard, means that nothing is settled.

More importantly, at leaset to me, is that in my snipet I said: if you have some evidence of secret deals show it. Here is where your rebuttal falls fairly flat on it's face. There is nothing secret or illegal in an open court hearing. Otherwise you would not have the info you do.

A subtle differance from the group known as SCAMFA informing the United mechanics, that if they voted for SCAMFA then they would put USAIRWAYS employee's at the bottom of their seniority roster.