Why Is The Iam Violating Our Contract By Refusing

strike facts

Sep 21, 2003
Our contract was approved by the membership and the proper path of handling disputes is with arbitration. How can we not hold this union accountable to follow the grievance procedure when it is acting so irresponsible and refusing to arbitrate the Airbus issue? What is your confidence????? If an arbitrator will agree with the company so will a judge. The strike may be declared illegal in 24 hours but those on the outside will most likely be stuck since I can't imagine the company not using another force majeure as agreed to in our contract. It will be 911 all over again and the company will cease to operate 279 jets because they can in cases of "acts of God, STRIKES, etc" When will all those who died with the IAM be able to come back??????? Certainly the company won't need them since they will legally be able to operate the company with a smaller fleet.
The very talk of this in the media has already caused a drop in future bookings and doing damage to our livlihoods.

And what is really sick is that the members here have NEVER held the IAM accountable for ANYTHING. We have people on this board that will support the IAM even though it was the IAM, NOT US AIRWAYS that REFUSED to resolve this greivance through the NORMAL procedures found in our contract called arbitration.

Don't you know that the IAM failed to cross the 't' in one of the most important parts of its contract? And you can't expect a company as evil as US AIRWAYS to not try to capitalize on the IAM's poor AGC's who can't read or write. But let's say the IAM did cross that "T", shouldn't the members all the more demand that the IAM follow our contract with its normal and customary way in handling disputes, arbitration????????

But hear me out. We deserve an answer other than rhetoric about why the IAM won't arbitrate this. I refuse to listen to the IAM's rhetoric (It's all they ever offer because we dumb people) because once again they refuse to communicate and share information with THOSE THEY REPRESENT. All this sick union does is tell you what they want to create. BUT WHY NOT ARBITRATE?

This union does not have your interest in mind and YOU know it. Listening to the IAM is like listening to the smooth talking slut or listening to someone who is high. When are you people going to learn and don't you realize that is part of the reason why some of you are miserable and angry?

It's amazes me what this "management" (I use the term loosely) does all day long in CCY. Just types drivel under an assumed name. Pathetic.

Strike Facts,

Since you are running to CCY and telling them what I am posting on here (As I have just been PM AGAIN by management)...

Send them this message from PITbull.......... "on the Outsourcing issue",

PORTION DELETED BY MODERATOR

UNITED WE STAND!

strike facts said:
This union does not have your interest in mind and YOU know it. Listening to the IAM is like listening to the smooth talking slut or listening to someone who is high. When are you people going to learn and don't you realize that is part of the reason why some of you are miserable and angry?
When are you people going to learn and don't you realize that

Let me finish what you would have said if you were honest in the above statement you wrote….

Strike Facts is an mole for the company trying desperately to divide and conquer the IAM membership because the company is scare to death of strike talk. After all, labor has chance if they stick together and make a stand against these union busting people that call themselves management. We all know the company uses these boards as a propaganda machine and this thread is a prime example of their handy work.

ATTN: Moderator.... please don't muffle my remarks on this issue because I am only expressing my opinion.

With all due respect….cavalier

Here Here !! PITBull and Cavalier.

Divide and Conquer is exactly what's at hand here. Our new friend (Yuck) Strike Facts (aka) "Pure Bull" is nothing more than a "Mole"

*I think the majority now realize that this company is attempting to destroy anything that stands between them...and the cheapest operation in US Aviation...and even that won't be enough for them. It's take and take...then take some more.

* We all need to stand together against the company here. The moral imperative is most clear....or at least to those of us whom actually think for ourselves. ( Union or Company spin not withstanding)

* We not only have the destruction of the middle class at hand....we have dark ramifications in regards to commercial aviation safety to be concerned about....and this message is not being shouted loud enough. The IAM needs to be making the flying public aware of this struggle from both angles.

* Those that are not in the IAM need to be seeing this just as our esteemed friend PITBull does. Yesterday it was the ALPA Pension...Today it's destroying the IAM...tomorrow it will be the rest of you !!

Look around people...including the lower ranking MSP types. This company needs only pilots ( a given )...and a skeleton crew of F/A 's (FAA Minimums) to operate legally. The rest of us can be...and will be outsourced to the cheapest bidder at some point...if Dave is not stopped in his tracks now!!!

" Hey Dave , The Airbus Stops Here !!!

Arbitrate Don't Manipulate

Even with the moderator trying to refocus some on this board to actually intelligently engage in this issue, all I have gotten from this board are, "im management", Now I'm a mole, and a few other choice words. I don't take it personal so no big deal.
This isn't about me though. I can ASSURE you I am not management but if you think I am than that's fine. It seems like some are so angry that they find a devil behind every bush.
The facts are that if you have a reasonable position then you would not have to resort to the juvenile name calling. Isn't it a reasonable thing to hold the union accountable while the Union points to its bed partner and accuses her?

If the members approved a process called arbitration to handle items like this then why does the union refuse to arbitrate? Do you just strike because your union tells you to because they paint the company as a devil? And if the company is that devil, do you strike when you haven't exhausted the grievance process that we all rely on?
You don't need me or anyone to tell YOU that the IAM has done a dreadful job at everything, yet what I'm hearing is still that the members aren't strong enough to hold their union accountable. A price that your family is now paying and may pay in greater shortly. One thing is true, your spouse will hold you accountable if you lose your job over this ill advised strike.
As bad as management is, the IAM has advocated MOST of managements plan. Read our IAM US AIRWAYS Board member Joe Mantenio's comments and you can't help but think he is management. The facts are that the IAM talks out of both sides because nobody on this property keeps them accountable.

If the pilots do in fact honor a picket line then our jobs and the destiny of this airline is sealed. I'm quite sure that Dr. Bronner will have no love lost if he has to go Chapter 7 and liquidate... and my guess is that it would be sooner rather than later if there is a ill advised strike called.

strike facts said:
Listening to the IAM is like listening to the smooth talking slut or listening to someone who is high.
Seldom have I read such eloquence when discussing modern day labor relations. When your very brief airline career presiding over the demise of a once proud carrier is over, perhaps you should seek employment in rap lyrics or go on the lecture circuit. Smooth talking #@l*%, indeed.

One can smell the panic amongst the manipulators now that they realize they are going to be exposed to the entire industry and nation as what they really are. The only hope left is to increase the tactics of divide and conquer, spread fear and hope to frighten the workforce into taking even more abuse.

The simple fact is people here have had enough. I realize that I was looking for a job when I came here, and I'll be looking again. I will survive, and many of us will thrive, away from the abuse and negativity that has poisoned our environment. U is not the be all, end all... there is life after U, and it will be better in many ways.

Fear tactics and fake personnas posting here only reinforce how pitifully inadequate and insecure this management team is. Its comical watching them attempt different styles of writing. Review the history of this board and see when they come out and post. They now realize they will be persona non grata at any other airline due to the reputation they will carry with them. Frank Lorenzo, step aside. You finally have someone else to lay claim to your title.

Please do not be goaded into making any foolish statements, libelous or otherwise... and support each other. It's not going to be fun, but together we will either put a stop to this charade, or move on to bigger and better things. Either way, we will be better off than allowing our work to be farmed out and our long time coworkers furloughed.

Good luck to all in their future career and life choices. Don't look back, look forward to all the possibilities you can create.

Strike Facts,

The more you post, the more unified we as employees are against this mangement...Good Job and well done.

You still have not answered the question of... what about the 20,000 job/employees that are GONE and the lives that have been destroyed by this management????

Before you place you finger out on the should've, could've, and woud've and maybe's of the IAM, please answer the "what is", with this UNION BUSTING management.

Latest posts