PART TIME RATIO GRIEVANCE

jim425

Aug 11, 2007
DOES ANYBODY HAVE ANY INFORMATION ABOUT A GRIEVANCE THE UNION WON THAT FORCES THE COMPANY TO UPGRADE 1200 TO FULL TIME BECAUSE THE COMPANY WAS NOT FOLLOWING THE FULLTIME PART TIME RATIOS AS STATED IN THE CBA. IF THIS IS TRUE THIS NEEDS TO BE ADRESSED BEFORE ANY TA IS VOTED ON. IF THE TA IS RATIFIED THIS GRIEVANCE COULD BECOME NULL AND VOID BECAUSE OF LANGUAGE IN THE TA. IF ANYONE HAS ANY INFO PLEASE POST IT SO ANY IAM MEMBERS CAN VIEW AND QUESTION THEIR UNION REPS.

IF I FIND OUT ANY INFORMATION I WILL GLADLY POST IT IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS USING LITTLE TO NO PUNCTUATION WHILE I STRING SENTENCES TOGETHER THANKS.

Jim424...I have heard about this grievance and I can tell you what I heard....I heard there was a grievance prepared when America West and US merged...stating that there was a part time to full time ratio. The number is 40% of the total number of full time agents could be part time.The company used the total number of agents total (full and part time). That being said the company had to many part time agents. Looking at the total number of agents the company would have to upgrade 1200 employees to get the 40% number that was originally agreed upon. To make it simple if the company had 10 full time agents the company could hire 4 part time agents. That would give them the 40% of the workforce being part time based on the full time number. The grievance is currently set to go before an arbitraitor but I believe that if the TA is passed that will be thrown out due to the language in the agreement about the part time- full time ratio being thrown out...I hope this somewhat explains it. I tried to explain it as easily as possible. I also heard that the company thinks they would have lost to the union at the arbitration. I for one would like to find out..............
Thanks

I've also read somewhere that throwing out both the CIC and the part-time ratio grievance is part of the ratification of this T/A. Vote No for so many reasons.

I remember way back when reading an article in the paper about this. IIRC, US's official response was "we are looking into the matter at this time."

However, I'm sure your benevolent union (gag) will work things out in the workers' favor ( :blink: )

IMHO-More P/T should be upgraded to F/T.
1) Too little hrs
2) Too many hrs
3) No happy Medium.

Latest posts

Back