Past CEO'S

Not fair to list Butch and not Uncle Ed---all the CEO's in my last 24 years have not done as much monetary damage to this household as have our own MEC and ALPO last 18/19 yrs. Its been the knotheads in the different MEC's though the years that have cost my household money more than the naybob's running the airline.

My vote goes to "Butch" Schofield.

Even before he became CEO he was the master at playing all the employees off on one another. It continued like a perfect chess match when he ran the show. The playbook was written by him.

Everyone-
You have to go back to the starting line...
The union was voted out after the Piedmont
aquisition and Colodnys' promises...everything
else is just another ingredient in the meal. We
were our own worst enemies..lets' us hope for change..

Thanks

Whoa...whoa...whoa...Bruce Lakefield saved this company. His connections to money financed the current company. As messed up as our operation is under the current leadership, we appear to be financially sound.

yet we are still...

Another thing about Lakefield: Unlike the rest of the CCY brass, he almost always flew (and flies) coach! The only way he would accept F/C was if everyone else eligible - from CHPR to NRSA - had gotten a F/C seat.

Another thing about Lakefield: Unlike the rest of the CCY brass, he almost always flew (and flies) coach! The only way he would accept F/C was if everyone else eligible - from CHPR to NRSA - had gotten a F/C seat.

Personally have nothing against Lakefield. He was brought in by the RSA to 1) Keep Seigel in check and 2) Try to sell / merge this place to protect the RSA investment. He did his job.

Of all the iterations of USAir/USAirways, Steven Wolf and Rakesh Gangwal's "Global Carrier of Choice" was the best. Making them my choice for best leadership.

During their tenure, the airline operated well and all DOT metrics showed USAirways performing in the top tier. The product was the best it had ever been, from the airplanes to the people. Remember "Impressions of Excellence?" Sharp employees delivering an excellent product.

It really is embarrassing being the "Bottom of the Barrel" airline these days. But the old adage, "you get what you pay for" rings true in this instance.

Maybe Rakesh is tired of Mumbai and would like to live in Tempe.

What a conundrum, to coin a phrase.

I don't know enough about historical US Airways (or US Air/Piedmont/America West, etc.) performance, but I would say that any CEO who can run an airline which is profitable, flies clean planes, has a reasonable fare structure, offers excellent and reliable service across the board, and has happy employees who are paid decently and proud to work for the company.....he or she is a great CEO who deserves to make millions! Do any of US's past CEO's fit this description?

but I would say that any CEO who can run an airline which is profitable, flies clean planes, has a reasonable fare structure, offers excellent and reliable service across the board, and has happy employees who are paid decently and proud to work for the company.....he or she is a great CEO who deserves to make millions! Do any of US's past CEO's fit this description?

Even though I didn't like him as a person, Wolfe probably fit this bill, and US did make money under him in the late 90's. If he hadn't spent all of the company's cash in stock buyback, (which he did to avoid an unwarranted takeover and raise the stock price for himself and others), US would have had a chance to ride out 911, even with the extended DC closure. There are even some employees around now who sold stock in the 70-80 price range that benefited/took advantage from this company mistake.

Of all the iterations of USAir/USAirways, Steven Wolf and Rakesh Gangwal's "Global Carrier of Choice" was the best. Making them my choice for best leadership.

sky high states: And they got the stock price up to over $80 dollars per share. <big smile>...that's when I SOLD. :up:

only stating opinions