Worse then Franke.....

Cripe, 9 million is nothing. What did Wolf and Gangwal take...39 million and 36 million respectively? Believe me, the East people are used to much, much worse in CEO greed. :p

Later,
Eye

You guys on this board are something else. Eye is correct. And dont forget Dave Siegel being paid $4MIL (I believe) to pack up and leave. So what if Doug cashed in his stock options?. I was one of those who were Mainlined Expressed in 2003 and I couldnt pack up and relocate. Now that I'm gradually going back up to Mainline wages the future looks a helluva lot better than it did before Doug got here. And by the way we have a profit sharing check coming. Or did you forget? :up:

Newman,

You don't have quat yet. Profit sharing tigger is the NET ANNUAL profit...

The year ain't over yet. The entire Aviation/transportation industry doesn't have a great outlook going forward.

Flight attendants: Repeat after me

"Cost Neutral = CHAOS"

Let our voices be heard. It is time to show Tempe that we mean BUSINESS. I deserve NOT to qualify for food stamps in EVERY state where this airline has a base!

We need to unify and repeat the message until it is taken seriously. The west is hating Doug and Company as much as east. Lets do something about this!!!! Work together and get our unions to state the threat and FOLLOW through!

For God's sake at least a cost of living increase! Time for the company to show the good faith preached about when the merger was announced.

CHAOS! CHAOS!

As a customer, I'll be inconvenienced. Tempe deserves a bit of disruption.

The same is true of the West AFA, whose contract was amenable on 5/4/2004. Doug had wanted to open the discussions earlier, which the union agreed upon. The talks are basically stalled because now Doug wants to combine the East and West into the East contract which West never agreed to. In the meantime they are stuck with a contract (a first time contract to be exact) that was agreed upon in 1999 and is now over two years past the amenible date.
Actually, hp fa, that is not entirely true. He said that if the West went onto the East contract OR VICE VERSA, he would be fine with that, because either would be "COST NEUTRAL." Obviously, neither of those scenarios are going to happen.

What I don't understand is how more FA's are not completely outraged by what DP has publicly stated. I talk to FA's on the plane, and they reply with, "what are you talking about cost neutral?" I think it's important for FA's to understand that COST NEUTRAL means more concessions on BOTH SIDES. Unacceptable! FA's, put down the pizza and the Tasty Cakes in the crew rooms, and see the real issues! If you are not outraged, you are NOT paying attention!

I will say again, I am not one of those running around saying we should get EVERYTHING back because we turned a profit, but I think we deserve improvements, sooner rather than later. Cost neutral is a hard slap, directly to the face.

(Sorry to the other work groups, I sort of steered this towards FA's...)

Thank you.

If you are not outraged, you are NOT paying attention!

wake up, people! When's the last time you heard the Sandcastle say COST NEUTRAL when referring to management? What are they giving up in exchange for their raises to keep the costs neutral?

Not going to happen.

The Management of most companies are so virulently anti union they will adhere to the T's & C's of the contract if for no other reason than to "Punish" those who are in organized Labor.

It seems to me that management was quite willing to overlook the T's & C's when they were demanding concessions. But I will grant you that they hold the T'S & C's of their OWN contracts close to their hearts. How many line workers were given "retention bonuses" to insure they stayed?

Flight attendants: Repeat after me

"Cost Neutral = CHAOS"

Let our voices be heard. It is time to show Tempe that we mean BUSINESS. I deserve NOT to qualify for food stamps in EVERY state where this airline has a base!

We need to unify and repeat the message until it is taken seriously. The west is hating Doug and Company as much as east. Lets do something about this!!!! Work together and get our unions to state the threat and FOLLOW through!
Need to ask DP if he understands CHAOS or PARK 'EM FOR PARKER and then just do it!

Latest posts