Petition to keep US Airways Headquarters in Tempe

EastCheats

Veteran
Mar 12, 2012
Petition Drive starts to keep US Airways HQ in AZ

[background=#ffffff]Vernon Parker, a Republican candidate for Arizona's 9th Congressional District, plans to hold a meeting at 10:30 a.m. today with former Tempe Mayor Hugh Hallman and former Tempe mayoral candidate Michael Monti at Monti's Casa Vieja restaurant at Mill Avenue and Rio Salado Parkway to urge businesses in the Mill Avenue business district to sign a petition urging US Airways to keep its headquarters in Tempe.

Read more: http://www.azcentral...l#ixzz22urHxeIJ[/background]

Petition: http://vernonparker.com/
US_Airways_web.png

Please join Former Tempe Mayor Hugh Hallman, Businessman Michael Monti and
Congressional Candidate Vernon Parker

in supporting local businesses by signing our petition to keep
US Airways in ARIZONA

First name Last name
Business Name
Email address
Comments

No thank you, I want to proceed directly to main site -->
Paid for by Vernon Parker for Congress © 2012

A Congressional candidate and a mayoral candidate.... and tell us again why this warrants a distinct thread.

Please tell us what Horton is saying in response.

A Congressional candidate and a mayoral candidate.... and tell us again why this warrants a distinct thread.

Please tell us what Horton is saying in response.

It's not my petition, it was in the news and I posted it. Your point being....what?

I'm sure if Horton has any questions, he can ask the candidates.

It's not my petition, it was in the news and I posted it. Your point being....what?

I'm sure if Horton has any questions, he can ask the candidates.

I think we have already wasted enough time on it. :rolleyes: I doubt Horton's staff will even bother to mention it unless there is an opportunity to bring up a good joke. "Did you hear about the mayor who invited a congressional candidate and a former mayoral candidate to have a drink at the bar?..." "No. Tell me about them." "Yeah, they went to the bar to make sure their golden boy wasn't drinking too much."

I think we have already wasted enough time on it. :rolleyes: I doubt Horton's staff will even bother to mention it unless there is an opportunity to bring up a good joke. "Did you hear about the mayor who invited a congressional candidate and a former mayoral candidate to have a drink at the bar?..."

Ok, I'll play.

Was one of the candidates named Parker? :rolleyes:

They are worried over here to. Amazing how politicans and businesses want to "petition" for a company to make financial decisions.

Charlotte restaurant, hotel operators uneasy about US Airways-AMR merger
Businesses seek pledge that Charlotte’s hub will remain

Read more here: http://www.charlotte...l#storylink=cpy

I just read the article. I think Phoenix and Charlotte are looking at Pittsburgh as an example of what could happpen to them. I was reading the comments on the article I posted. It looks like some employees are being told they are not needed anymore in the Tempe offices.

They moved SOC to an airport with hardly any flights. Why not move the HQ to Scranton?

Reactions: 2 people
....mergers are a good thing... ....mergers are a good thing... ....mergers are a good thing... ....mergers are a good thing... ....mergers are a good thing... ....mergers are a good thing... ....mergers are a good thing...

See?! If you keep telling yourself that, you will eventually believe it.

....mergers are a good thing... They save jobs, starting with the many thousands at corporate headquarters...

DFW Area is nice and relatively low cost. Gurantee that anyone at CHQ that wants to transfer to AA HQ will be given the opportunity, if for nothing else but the fact that an analyst making 65K at AA makes 45K at US,,,and so on. Directors make 250K at AA and 150K at US. It's AA management that should be scare.

I'd hope they would pick a new name for the combined carrier, rather than make the same mistake again.