Petition to keep US Airways Headquarters in Tempe

Mr. Monti is no longer a mayoral candidate, he lost a few months ago. For those who don't know, his restaurant is next door to corporate, so it's no surprise he's endorsing this petition.

They technically didn't move it to a different airport, just a new facility in PIT.

SOC was in a brand new state-of-the-art building in Phoenix which had more than enough room to expand. Of course if someone will build you an even newer one for free in East Bumblebrook, I guess you ought to go there. Except for all the lives that get unnecessarily uprooted.

And your point is? Had they kept it in PHX, all of the people from PIT would have had to relocate...
I'm betting more would have been relocated had it gone that route.

DFW Area is nice and relatively low cost. Gurantee that anyone at CHQ that wants to transfer to AA HQ will be given the opportunity, if for nothing else but the fact that an analyst making 65K at AA makes 45K at US,,,and so on. Directors make 250K at AA and 150K at US. It's AA management that should be scare.
Some of that higher priced AA management has earned its keep: In every year since the US-HP merger except for one (2010), AA has paid less per gallon for fuel than has US. That translates to several hundred million dollars more spent by US on fuel during that time than US would have paid at AA's prices. If I were in management at US in Tempe, I'd be worried that my sub-par performance will be easily seen when compared to my AA counterpart's performance. Could be that some of the Tempe team isn't invited to stay if US and AA combine. Parker might abandon the rest of US' management.

LOL!!!
All this assumes a successful merger with AA which is anything but a sure thing at this point. Had they waited maybe they could have saved the paper.

Driver...

LOL!!!
All this assumes a successful merger with AA which is anything but a sure thing at this point. Had they waited maybe they could have saved the paper.

Driver...

I was thinking the same thing...

Making anniversary gift requests before the trip down the aisle is completed.. (or started)

Some of that higher priced AA management has earned its keep: In every year since the US-HP merger except for one (2010), AA has paid less per gallon for fuel than has US. That translates to several hundred million dollars more spent by US on fuel during that time than US would have paid at AA's prices. If I were in management at US in Tempe, I'd be worried that my sub-par performance will be easily seen when compared to my AA counterpart's performance. Could be that some of the Tempe team isn't invited to stay if US and AA combine. Parker might abandon the rest of US' management.

And Ramp Management, Station Management, Sales, Revenue Analysts, HR, Cargo Accounting, Baggage Customer Service, Consumer Relations have to do with fuel hedging how??

Looks like the merger just got a little more iffy with the AA pilots voting down the TA and the APA president resigning.

Driver...

Huh?????

The deal has just been sealed. The pilots are showing no faith in Horton and have said over and over that they want this merger. You can dream though.

Latest posts