The Philly Twenty Two

And you all forget, it was a final offer from the company, the furlough language was there and you should have read it before it was voted on, last time I checked the Fleet Service Members at US have never met a concession they did not like.

You ratified it, it sucks, but bottom line is you ratified.

Once again 700 {maybe this time you will answer the post}, it's damn hard to accept it, when your negotiating committee fails to do anything but say the "concession stand is closed".

They took a stupid position and never did a damn thing..!

So, the company took advantage of it and wrote a final offer filled with company rules.

Please stop the BS and finally realize the IAM didn't service the Fleet Service in the proper way.

First of all how do you trust a company that violated two previous concessionary contracts by outsourcing the airbus heavy maintenance?

That is what killed any relationship between the IAM and the company.

The company violated the CBA and the company killed the trust.

But apparently you have a memory problem as from November 2, 2004 to January 6, 2005 all three IAM Negotiating Committees were at CCY trying to achieve a deal.

The company wanted what they wanted and would not accept anything else from the M&R, can't speak for Fleet.

They knew they had the Judge in their backpocket.

Plus they wanted revenge over the airbus issue, and the membership agreed with the concession stand is closed position.

for Fleet Service, they did absolutely nothing to protect the ones in the mid cities. In Fact they ADDED BDL and PVD to CLASS I list just to get the POS thing thru. Without it it wasnt going to pass, per Armidio when he came by on his donkey road show Last Spring of 2004 at our city, ironically just one day after he got his arse chewed out at MDT by those agents. Of course me and a few of my fellows almost got killed by him with tough questions he couldnt answer due to the fact it was the truth

FYI, all airport workers got it done to them in '92, as they were all under the same pay scale and work rules.(CS and fleet) IAM wasn't in the picture.

OK, let me throw another question out there, and in advance, pardon my ignorance.

Is (was) Armedio a US employee, or just a union official? And if he was one of the 22, who , to my knowledge were all fired, what business does he have negotiating anything regarding a transition agreement? He should be busy negotiating a plea bargain.

OK, let me throw another question out there, and in advance, pardon my ignorance.

Is (was) Armedio a US employee, or just a union official? And if he was one of the 22, who , to my knowledge were all fired, what business does he have negotiating anything regarding a transition agreement? He should be busy negotiating a plea bargain.
Art,
Tony Armedio was a US employee in Fleet Service he was appointed by District 141 as a VP and then promoted to AGC. Once he began his union VP job he is logged off as on Union Business Full time, now at any time he leaves office he could resume his job on the ramp.(would never happen once your in the job its for life) Now when Tony was fired with the other 21 from USAirway as a FT ramper he lost his direct connection to his fleet service job but he still holds the post as an AGC. (makes 90,000 a year) So the company still has to let him sit at the table for contract talks and representation issues.

Now to wonder if he is found guilty in Court would the IAM then fire his butt? Time will tell.

Hope that help explain things

Bob,
To Answer your 1st question yes they could in a fair democratic system but your dealing with the IAM.
Here is a example

Bob wants to get rid of Tony as a AGC so Bob decides to run against him. First Bob needs to get on the Ballot so he has to win the support of 4 lodges in Dist 141. Bob would have to know people in those lodges to get him nominated then win the lodge endorsement. USAirways Fleet Service is mixed in with several other Airlines like United and Hawawian and some lodges have no USAirways workers. So Bob if he is lucky enough to win the nominations in the 4 its still imposable for Bob to win the General election vote. The AGC's run the election like the Mob runs Mafia they watch each others back. Tony has no problem geting nominated in not just 4 lodges but all the lodges. Tony knows Bill and Tom and Joe and all the other AGC's so when the nominations are made Tony gets his goons to nominate Bill and Tom and Joe and any other AGC and they other AGC's do the same for him. They run on a slate which is imposable for Bob to compete against. When the vote comes Bob is placed all the way at the bottom and all the slate boys are at the top on the ballot since they won the majority of the lodges. But hell even if Bob does win the 4 lodges the District pulls fast ones and cheats to invalidates the nominations. Now you say how could that happen read than this report on how District 141 found guilty

Bob to your second question you already answered yourself.

And third Tony was appointed as a VP to 141 and then promoted and appointed as an AGC. Once your apponted your in for life no one has ever been voted out. Like I said before its run like the Mafia once you get in your in for life.

Hope that explains things

Make no mistake, the IAM would allow Tony to be on the negotiations team if he was in jail.
That doesn't mean tony negotiates, so far neither him or the other IAM loyalist on the negotiating team have actually negotiated anything. They've just gotten pretty good at signing their names after the company's union goes into fleet's contract and puts in all the language that protects the IAM.

regards,

we all know he sold out the little stations to keep catering in PHL.......
Now he has to negotiate to get his 21 fired agents back.
He has LOST his leverage on this one, BIG TIME
I.M.O. if he's at the nego. table it will hurt all of us agents as the Co now holds the trump card. Maybe the Co. will get their catering on this one after all ,watch him.........

Libertybell,

Thank you for your thoughtful and thorough reply. This is an example of a serious problem with the system. If he's no longer employed by US Airways, he no longer holds a position entitling him to any standing with the union in my humble opinion. Also, as a person accused of a felony, how does it make the union look to have him at the table?

It just doesn't make a lot of sense, but then again, not much in PHL does. And for the record I know alot of hard working excellent people in the PHL airport who ARE trying to make it work.

My best to you ALL.....

I would prefer the IAM suspend Armedio with pay until the court makes a decision.

I would assume IAM claims they did not authorize such action, and as such, Armedio should pay for his lawyers. Assume IAM foots the bill and Armedio is found guilty. If I were a plaintiff, I'd go after IAM. But I'll bet dues money is paying for the defense, and IAM is claiming TWU can't make their case. Gonna be interesting.

Nelson is right - NC's and AGC's don't have a thought of their own (they'd never get appointed otherwise), they carry district water.

So far, I haven't seen an AGC or NC I'd let negotiate a car rental for me, or an AGC I'd let represent me in traffic court over a parking ticket.

And yes, Armedio's presence at the table weakens the union's bargaining position. At least we know IAM's priorities. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Agreed 100%. All that I have came in contact with were only interested in themselves, and how they could profit from their positions. A few may have gone a level above that by only caring about those in their home station. If you were located in an outstation, you were only good for one thing.....DUES MONEY. :down:
This is why many of us were victims of Outsourcing, since all that were sitting at the table were from the Hubs.