PHL AFA LEC 70 MEETING SEPTEMBER 21

Travelpro72

Veteran
Jan 30, 2005
I haven't heard much about the Local 70 meeting. I spoke with Omar and she had some really good questions she has drawn up to ask of the different departments such as scheduling, benefits, etc. We all piss and moan but I sure hope MANY attend. Blockholders certainly but most importantly to me the RESERVES! ! ! ! BE HEARD and have your questions answered directly from the likes of John Petronzi from scheduling, Mike Flores and also Paul Frishkorn. Questions need answered and with ALL OF THEM in the same room is should cut down on a lot of he said, she said. Have your thought out and professional question and demand answers. I am going to try with all the power that a reserve has (laughing) to be there. The sessions are 9:00a-12:00p and 1:30p-4:30p. This could prove a very informative meeting and MUCH OVERDUE. Many COUNT on reserves and a small number of flight attendants in general showing. It's not like you'd find this on Afa. :rolleyes:

Lets please have a good turnout to give the respective LEC our direction on matters. They have taken the time to rent the venue and invite guests. There is no better chance to get the head of scheduling's ear than this. And lets try to all keep some decorum about us. Well, maybe a little :p I am sure Flores and friends will put on a great show.
PSA 1979 will you be in attendance? :eek:

Decorum? I was planning and actin tha fool!

Getting a bunch of folks together to attend.

Paul Frishcorn? Is he a F/A? Glasses? I want to say I flew with him?

Paul is the guy to know in terms of FMLA/PCL/MED and Benefits. He is hands down # 1 and the company tires to recruit him at every turn. Hell he helped write the PA law (or something like that) . Please people take advantage.
I think people should shake things up with motions! This is your chance to direct the LEC to do what YOU the memember's in attendance wish. Don't squander it.

If only we could get as many flight attendants to show up for something so important like they did the "Fashion Show". Everyone wanted to see THE DRESS but will b!tch about contractual issues on the jumpseat or in the back galley over coffee. PLEASE take the time and show up.

If only we could get as many flight attendants to show up for something so important like they did the "Fashion Show". Everyone wanted to see THE DRESS but will b!tch about contractual issues on the jumpseat or in the back galley over coffee. PLEASE take the time and show up.

Travelpro...

Although, you know I do agree with you and I AM one to let my opinions known.....what is this going to do?

NOTHING is going to come of it. Historically, it NEVER has.

The union DOES NOT CARE about our reserve issues and they WON'T make ANY attempt to give any interm relief.

I have asked Mike Flores MANY different things and gave many ideas that ARE of NO cost to the company and I get the same BS...."We are working under a binding agreement....BLAH BLAH BLAH"

BUT, if it benefits the BHs or union they sure as hell will get a side letter and change something (i.e. BLOCKHOLDERS dropping to 40 hrs as apposed to 50)

Reserves need to have all union dues put into escgow and the union CANNOT touch it until they start helping us.

They are no different than the company.

In order for either of them to pay attention, you need to hit them in wallet!!!!!!!!!!

I understand but think that our voice needs to be heard especially with the negotiations going on. I don't expect anything to change but some questions that Omar had were VERY good ones. Our contract gets violated every single day and THAT most certainly CAN change right there on the spot. You have the head of the UNION and the head of SCHEDULING in one room. GET RESULTS. BE HEARD. Silence and being beaten down to feel like nothing will change is what they count on. Surely you agree.

I understand but think that our voice needs to be heard especially with the negotiations going on. I don't expect anything to change but some questions that Omar had were VERY good ones. Our contract gets violated every single day and THAT most certainly CAN change right there on the spot. You have the head of the UNION and the head of SCHEDULING in one room. GET RESULTS. BE HEARD. Silence and being beaten down to feel like nothing will change is what they count on. Surely you agree.

Agree 100%.....but sadly that IS where we are.

I have asked Mike Flores MANY different things and gave many ideas that ARE of NO cost to the company and I get the same BS...."We are working under a binding agreement....BLAH BLAH BLAH"
BUT, if it benefits the BHs or union they sure as hell will get a side letter and change something (i.e. BLOCKHOLDERS dropping to 40 hrs as apposed to 50)

sky high states: Allowing the blockholders to drop down to 40 hours GAVE MORE TRIPS to Flight Attendants WHO ARENT GETTING THEIR TIME IN. That's a good thing.

Only stating opinions

One thing is for certain here that effects ALL of the reserves at Usairways. As long as the bid sheet stays you will have hundreds of flight attendants sitting on reserve so the blockholder can have all the flexibility. You need to share the wealth. The system is broken on so many levels that though we go to this meeting and complain NOTHING will change. I think that's what Twice was saying. I totally agree. All you hear is how everyone understands but it's negotiated and can't be changed. We as reserves will show up "mad as hell and not gonna take it anymore" attitudes only to be shut down in the end. NOTHING will change until a merged contract is voted on in 2030. :rolleyes:

What is missing off this agenda? "New Business" is no where to be found and officers must allow for the members to introduce new items for consideration. That is the whole point of the union meeting. I think someone needs to ammend this before we even go down that road. Otherwise the FIRST order of business will be a to force an ammendment so people can introduce items. <_<

PHL AFA LEC 70 MEETING AGENDA: FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 21, 2007 at THE PHL AIRPORT MARRIOTT

SESSION 1 - 9:00a - 12:00p

OPENING REMARKS - John McCorkle, LEC 70 President 9:00 - 9:10

SAFETY REPORT - Barrington Johnson - MEC Safety Chair 9:10-9:40

SCHEDULING Q & A - John Petronzi - Manager, Flight Attendant Crew Scheduling 9:40 - 10:30

BENEFITS REPORT - Paul Frishkorn - MEC & LEC 70 Benefits Chair 10:30 - 10:50

DISCUSSION ON AGENDA ITEMS FOR AFA BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING 10:50 - 11:10

NEGOTIATIONS UPDATE - Mike Flores - MEC President and member of Joint Negotiating Committee 11:10 - 12:00

SESSION 2 - 1:30p - 4:30p

OPENING REMARKS - John McCorkle, LEC 70 President 1:30 - 1:40

SAFETY REPORT - Barrington Johnson - MEC Safety Chair 1:40 - 2:10

SCHEDULING Q & A - John Petronzi - Manager, Flight Attendant Crew Scheduling 2:10 - 3:00

BENEFITS REPORT - Paul Frishkorn - MEC & LEC 70 Benefits Chair 3:00 - 3:20

DISCUSSION ON AGENDA ITEMS FOR AFA BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING 3:20 - 3:40

NEGOTIATIONS UPDATE - Mike Flores - MEC President and member of Joint Negotiating Committee 3:40 - 4:30

One thing is for certain here that effects ALL of the reserves at Usairways. As long as the bid sheet stays you will have hundreds of flight attendants sitting on reserve so the blockholder can have all the flexibility.

I used to think that, until I got involved with scheduling. Sorry, that is so untrue. It ranks up there with Cheneys lies.

Think about it.

Block time is block time. That takes a certain amount of F/As to fly. No more, no less. Some blockholders want to increase their time, some want to decrease their time. They use the bid sheet.

But, no matter what happens, who gets what trips, there is still an X amount of time that needs to be flown. It is a pie that can be divided many different ways, but, X amount of block time still needs to be flown.

If you follow the logic, the only way to pass time to reserves is to cap the amount of time blockholders can fly. I say, cap at 105 hours. Some fly 160 to 190 hours per month. A side benefit. When the majority find they cannot earn more, they will lobby to increase pay per hour, something that should have been initiated years ago.

sky high states: Allowing the blockholders to drop down to 40 hours GAVE MORE TRIPS to Flight Attendants WHO ARENT GETTING THEIR TIME IN. That's a good thing.
Only stating opinions

It has done NOTHING!!!!!!

It allows the BHs to drop to 40 via the ETB!!!!

I should NOT have to work my off days to make a living.

So, you see..............It helped the block holders and NOT the reserves.

You have missed the point. The union does things to help block holders NOT the reserves.

and member of Joint Negotiating Committee 3:40 - 4:30[/i]

Love the new avatar! One of my favorite movies ever!

"Would you like a gummy bear? It's been in my pocket so it's nice and warm."

OH OH chi-chika-chika

Thanks EMB! One of my all time favs as well. Although the BEST scene for me is when Jeanie JUMPS out and yells "HA!" to Ed Rooney and then screams only to Kung Foo him with 3 Karate Kicks to the face!
View attachment 6385
"Whoever is in the house, or still in the house, I'd like you to know that I've just called the police! So if you have any brains whatsoever, you'll get your ass out of my house real quick. I'd also like to add that I have my father's gun and a scorching case of herpes."
In the picture above it almost looks like she is looking at a new US Airways paint job wondering what the hell that SWOOSH is on the back! :lol: :lol:

Latest posts