PHL AFA LEC 70 MEETING SEPTEMBER 21

Paul is the guy to know in terms of FMLA/PCL/MED and Benefits. He is hands down # 1 and the company tires to recruit him at every turn. Hell he helped write the PA law (or something like that) . Please people take advantage.
I think people should shake things up with motions! This is your chance to direct the LEC to do what YOU the memember's in attendance wish. Don't squander it.

I assume you are making a guess. Paul didn't contribute to any federal law. FMLA is federal not state.

McCorkey won't be doing anything but directing traffic. John is not a hands-on guy. He's the type of LEC (which I've witnessed many of) that delegates responsibility so that whatever the result, he will take no blame...but, will take credit for what goes right.

He's the master of spin.

THE VOICE OF GOD.
Nice to see you back PITBull :up: I was under the impression Paul worked with the state on FMLA at some level. Writing the law was the wrong choce of words. He does have inimate knowlage of how the whole things works, more than most at AFA and have seen him help people out with messes the company makes.
You know how this meeting will go. It will get contentious right off the bat because there is no New Business on the agenda. Mike F will be there nad is always fun. I think a few people might try to get some items up. Lets hope so.

Hope Philly has a better turnout than we did at CLT. We had about 40 people, 35 of which were rsv's. To me, that just shows how bad BH's really have it. They didn't even bother to show up. There were a bunch out in the crewroom that could have stopped in, but I guess it wasn't that important.

We need to get as many reserves as possible to attend. We all need to sit together and let them all know that we are there and that we mean business and that they better take notice and that we absolutely will NOT tolerate how they treat us reserves. I will admit, lately I have been so over this job that I have fallen into the "I don't give a flying f*** mood" but I would love to stand up in front of all of those AFA reps and confront them and demand real answers and address real concerns. BTW, if you can't be there because of a trip or whatever and you still have questions you would love for us to ask, please post them here and if I am there I will ask them. (I am sick and have been having major sinus issues and may be having some tests done since it's a recurrent thing but on the flip if I attend I will be extra b!tchy that day - he! he! he!) If there isn't an open forum on the agenda I don't care I will still say what I have to say and they will make time to listen to me. Period.

We need to get as many reserves as possible to attend. We all need to sit together and let them all know that we are there and that we mean business and that they better take notice and that we absolutely will NOT tolerate how they treat us reserves. I will admit, lately I have been so over this job that I have fallen into the "I don't give a flying f*** mood" but I would love to stand up in front of all of those AFA reps and confront them and demand real answers and address real concerns. BTW, if you can't be there because of a trip or whatever and you still have questions you would love for us to ask, please post them here and if I am there I will ask them. (I am sick and have been having major sinus issues and may be having some tests done since it's a recurrent thing but on the flip if I attend I will be extra b!tchy that day - he! he! he!) If there isn't an open forum on the agenda I don't care I will still say what I have to say and they will make time to listen to me. Period.

They know how we feel. It was very evident at our CLT meeting. John, Dave, Wanda, and Wayne were all there. They answered all pf our questions and concerns. They took notes. They stayed late to make sure everyone had a chance to talk. Our meeting was scheduled to end at 1400, it went on until 1600. R%sv's had to leave the room to check on open trips at 1500. They 5 BH's who were there didn't say much. Why would they. Mike Flores took all the questions thrown at him. I believe he understands what rsv's are going through, however, nothing will change, due to it being contractual. If you plan on bringing up examples, please have it documented, meaning names and times. We had some idiot who brought up something up from over a year ago, no date, name or time. What are they supposed to do about that. They explained alot to the rsv's, especially how some things happen the way they do. It was a very informative meeting. Remember, it wasn't line schedulers vault that we haver LTO. They have to deal with it, just like we do. I hope your meeting goes well and everyone feels acknowledged. I feel we did, down here. We had about 35 rsv's there and 5 BH's. Things must not be that bad for Bh's, being they didn't show up.