AFA PHL Meeting today

rsv4ever

Advanced
Nov 5, 2005
i went to the union meeting today- same ol' stuff was brought up. Everyone started in that most people under 18 years don't even know what Carol Austin looks like... so a flight attendant brought up a motion to have her "invited" to the next AFA meeting in the spring. so the motion was seconded and everyone in the room agreed that we want a Q&A session with her! So RESERVES start getting your questions ready for the march/ april meeting with Ms. Austin!!! Good work everyone who went!!!

i went to the union meeting today- same ol' stuff was brought up. Everyone started in that most people under 18 years don't even know what Carol Austin looks like... so a flight attendant brought up a motion to have her "invited" to the next AFA meeting in the spring. so the motion was seconded and everyone in the room agreed that we want a Q&A session with her! So RESERVES start getting your questions ready for the march/ april meeting with Ms. Austin!!! Good work everyone who went!!!

Can you tell me if any Blockholder issues were discussed? I am most concerned with consistency with the T/A lines. They really need to keep the days consistent for the whole line. I like to fly Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday. It drove me crazy when I got a hold of the PHL bid sheet and saw they mix it up with a Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday or a Wednesday/Thursday/Friday. It will be impossible to commute to PIT on FRI evenings!

Why on earth do they restrict week-ends but not big fat holidays like Christmas? I don't understand the logic behind why any week-end is more important than any other day. This puts a crimp on trip improving. Did anyone bring THAT up?

Can you tell me if any Blockholder issues were discussed? I am most concerned with consistency with the T/A lines. They really need to keep the days consistent for the whole line. I like to fly Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday. It drove me crazy when I got a hold of the PHL bid sheet and saw they mix it up with a Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday or a Wednesday/Thursday/Friday. It will be impossible to commute to PIT on FRI evenings!

Umm Hello!! It's Impossible To Cummute To ANY WHERE on Fridays!! It's NOT All About PIT!! Welcome To The World Of Commuting!! :up:

Hard to commute on a Friday? Honey wait until spring break or the summer vacation months. Couple that with the possibility of WN reducing capacity between PIT and PHL you have disaster. Oh wait, you don't think US will reduce capacity too? This airline has the mentality of offering the fewest amount of flights so they are absolutely FULL, FULL, FULL. The only thing that makes the PIT-PHL commute so dreaded is the amount of employees going back and fourth. Either get a car pool going or 1-800-USA-RAIL. Now as for the meeting I was on the fence about going then the snow came. Yes it has snowed quite a bit north of Philly. Couldn't have gone even if I wanted to. I'm sorry but NOTHING was going to come out of that meeting. So you'll get a Q&A with Carol.....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz THAT will accomplish much. I might as well go hold a Q & A with my cat sitting here. :rolleyes:

Hard to commute on a Friday? Honey wait until spring break or the summer vacation months. Couple that with the possibility of WN reducing capacity between PIT and PHL you have disaster. Oh wait, you don't think US will reduce capacity too? This airline has the mentality of offering the fewest amount of flights so they are absolutely FULL, FULL, FULL. The only thing that makes the PIT-PHL commute so dreaded is the amount of employees going back and fourth. Either get a car pool going or 1-800-USA-RAIL. Now as for the meeting I was on the fence about going then the snow came. Yes it has snowed quite a bit north of Philly. Couldn't have gone even if I wanted to. I'm sorry but NOTHING was going to come out of that meeting. So you'll get a Q&A with Carol.....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz THAT will accomplish much. I might as well go hold a Q & A with my cat sitting here. :rolleyes:
BTW, Holiday Greetings to You and The Cat! :lol: Was wondering whether a motion was passed to send out a Company "Sampler" of all the calzones that will be offered in 2008. Afterall didn't the Union give a thumbs up to 150 of our "FINEST" to redesign the wheel.....I mean beverage cart? Sometimes I wonder what in the heck these people are REALLY Doing anyways.

There were maybe 4 blockholders because you are all too content ? I do not blame the Reserves for anything they at least show up. They the Negotiating Team will try to present the Rotating Reserve concept. Carol Austin will be requested to show up at a meeting in Philadelphia

and you thought the PIT close was a big deal...you are in for a big wake-up call, you can hold anything you want and want a clean T/A line to boot...welcome to the right side of the state...call AFA get them to up the SEP...I really feel for you, oh maby crew planing will get that 330 pit/phl/pit route for you...talk about out of touch...WAKE-UP!!!

and you thought the PIT close was a big deal...you are in for a big wake-up call, you can hold anything you want and want a clean T/A line to boot...welcome to the right side of the state...call AFA get them to up the SEP...I really feel for you, oh maby crew planing will get that 330 pit/phl/pit route for you...talk about out of touch...WAKE-UP!!!

Hey I want everyone to be happy. But Gloria Holtz has concerns too. For me, what affects the quality of my life is my ability to be home with my husband and cats on the weekend and having a trip that is commutable. My husband is a senior partner with a Pittsburgh accounting firm so he can only be off on the weekends and we can't relocate to another base city. We are empty nesters (finally!) and like to spend this time together. If he was off mid-week, I would want mid-week off. Just as you have a right to vocalize whatever concerns the new hires and RSVs have these days - I have a voice too even after 37 years with Allegheny/USAir/USAirways. I don't think having a pure line is too much to ask for when it comes to the quality of my life. And they're are plenty of gals senior to me. On my last turn at PIT - I was the junior stew. Jessica had 46 years, Fay had 43 years and Carol had 40 years. We just were ready to cry when we saw the PHL bid sheet. So much so that Carol has announced her retirement - and I thought she would be the last to go. I am all for doing what we need to do to make this a better bid sheet for everybody. Now I will be putting my 767 T/As Tue/Wed/Thu on the EBT all the time - you're welcome to them. And if we ever fly together, I bring chocolate milk and a secret ingredient and make the best Mochachinos for all my crew. Pull up on the jumpseat next to Gloria, and I'll pour you a hot one. You will be Gloria's friend in no time! Now if planning refuses to put an A330 on a quick PHL-PIT turn for commuters, I have been hinting that Mr. Holtz needs to make this a Lexus December to Remember for next summer's Thelma & Louise car pools!

Hey I want everyone to be happy. But Gloria Holtz has concerns too. For me, what affects the quality of my life is my ability to be home with my husband and cats on the weekend and having a trip that is commutable. My husband is a senior partner with a Pittsburgh accounting firm so he can only be off on the weekends and we can't relocate to another base city. We are empty nesters (finally!) and like to spend this time together. If he was off mid-week, I would want mid-week off. Just as you have a right to vocalize whatever concerns the new hires and RSVs have these days - I have a voice too even after 37 years with Allegheny/USAir/USAirways. I don't think having a pure line is too much to ask for when it comes to the quality of my life. And they're are plenty of gals senior to me. On my last turn at PIT - I was the junior stew. Jessica had 46 years, Fay had 43 years and Carol had 40 years. We just were ready to cry when we saw the PHL bid sheet. So much so that Carol has announced her retirement - and I thought she would be the last to go. I am all for doing what we need to do to make this a better bid sheet for everybody. Now I will be putting my 767 T/As Tue/Wed/Thu on the EBT all the time - you're welcome to them. And if we ever fly together, I bring chocolate milk and a secret ingredient and make the best Mochachinos for all my crew. Pull up on the jumpseat next to Gloria, and I'll pour you a hot one. You will be Gloria's friend in no time! Now if planning refuses to put an A330 on a quick PHL-PIT turn for commuters, I have been hinting that Mr. Holtz needs to make this a Lexus December to Remember for next summer's Thelma & Louise car pools!

With all due respect....... you concern is trivial at this point and time.

There are many other life altering problems..... You have to go go to work Monday one week and Tuesday next week..... You're breakin my friggin heart!!!!

And by the way......... when was the last time we had "New Hires"? I hope you aren't refering to recalls as new hires!!!!! You will go by the way of Miss Thindy Atkins!!

Gloria you sound like a real sweetheart but I really must insist you get with the program hun. Your issues though relevant will fall on deaf ears here. Seriously there are some really po'd employees (reserves) here and your issues won't be heartfelt. It's like sitting OPR and hearing a b/h whining about having to touch a weekend. I'LL TAKE YOUR BLOCK. I understand where your coming from but it is what it is dear. I think many of our "new" commuters are in for a real shock over the next few months.

You aren't going to make friends with that attitude on here. You know what you can do to yourself Gloria? If you aren't sure PM me and I'll tell you!

I am only stating opinions. Can you see if there are any of my trips on EBT that you want? I really don't want to work the rest of December or January or February hehehe. We have too much to do in the west part of the state planning Carol's retirement party and the farewell PIT gala!

Back