Dear Member,

WHAT: Council 70 Meeting
WHEN: Thursday, December 13th, 2007
WHERE: PHL Airport Marriott
TIMES: First Session: 9:30a - 11:30a
Second Session: 1:30p - 3:30p

AGENDA:
Introduction / New Business -- John McCorkle, LEC President
Presentation / New US Airways Savings Plan - Paul Frishkorn, AFA MEC Benefits Chair
Negotiations Update - Mike Flores, MEC President
Member Forum - Question & Answer

I hope you will be able to attend one of the sessions.

Regards,
John

John McCorkle - President

If you are a reserve then please, please, please do what you can to make it. I know some of you will be flying or already have plans because it's your off days but if there is anyway you can make than please come and support the reserves. We need to show the union that we will not allow them to keep treating us like servants. Some things I would like to bring up are:

Rotating reserve system

Reserve Shifts - We need relief NOW, not 3-4 years from now.

I want to question the underground ETB - that should not be allowed. Even worse is that our own LEC pres is on there.

Overflying - Should not be allowed, period. I know the AFA won't put a stop to it because it is the company's job but I will still bring it up and I am going to email management and find out why they are allowing this to go on.

Why they allow such a caste system to go on between blockheads and reserves and what they plan to do about it. How do they plan to boost morale?

Why do they ignore us yet give everything to the blockheads?

There are many other topics I would also like to bring up as well but I don't know that there will be enough time to discuss each one. Those are the main ones though.

Which session is everyone going to? I'm actually off for a change - please let me know - I think that we should all try to shoot to go to the same one - more of a presence and a voice to be heard.

Those that are going to the union meeting should TRY their hardest to shoot for BOTH. Any agenda item passed has to be brought up at BOTH meetings per the bylaws. The only shot to get something passed is to get it passed at the FIRST meeting and then at the second meeting vote on it again. If it's passed at the first meeting it MUST be brought up at the second meeting. So essentially the FIRST meeting is the most important. WE SO LEARNED FROM HISTORY....REMEMBER LAURA?

TravelPro has topped the cake! Flo! Is that you? Love it Love it Love it!!!! :lol: :lol: Can I be Vera the Dingbat? I would have to be for working here! Who is Mel? Piney?
View attachment 6860
The New USAirways Envoy! Ding Order Up!

I'm going to both meetings. It should be fun! I'll report what happens for those of you who can't make it.

I made some changes to this post. I scratched out ETB. Since I refuse to do it, I'm not even going to bother asking about it. I added in comments and questions from other reserves.

If you are a reserve then please, please, please do what you can to make it. I know some of you will be flying or already have plans because it's your off days but if there is anyway you can make than please come and support the reserves. We need to show the union that we will not allow them to keep treating us like servants. Some things I would like to bring up are:

Rotating reserve system

Reserve Shifts - We need relief NOW, not 3-4 years from now.

Overflying - Should not be allowed, period. I know the AFA won't put a stop to it because it is the company's job but I will still bring it up and I am going to email management and find out why they are allowing this to go on.

Why they allow such a caste system to go on between blockheads and reserves and what they plan to do about it. How do they plan to boost morale?

Why do they ignore us yet give everything to the blockheads?

Other reserves with whom I have spoken would like answers to these questions and responses to these comments. I thought I would include them.

Why no INV days at Christmas?

Why is most of reserve vacation during January and February?

Do you ever wonder why you always have such a low turnout at union meetings? Because people are tired of supporting your lifestyle and a contract that revolves around yourself. The only people you are making happy are the top 5% of BHs and yourself. (Not my quote so don't flame me even though it's the truth)

It’s kind of funny that Doug doesn’t know about anything that is going on when you supposedly write letters to management. Are you really trying to make a change? You would think Doug would be more informed on the matter.

How force upon us an increase in union dues in the middle of contract negotiations when junior flight attendants are at the bottom of the pay scale. You are taking advantage of us and our union dues and then try to take a pay raise by raising our union dues.

What is your response to Cyndy's letter?

There are many other topics I would also like to bring up as well but I don't know that there will be enough time to discuss each one. Those are the main ones though.