PHL Baggage Problems...?

Res

Senior
Aug 20, 2002
www.usaviation.com
Can anyone enlighten me...seems Phl has had more than normal baggage problems over the past few days, and they are not all weather related. Seems bags are being put on the wrong aircraft?

[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 12/30/2002 12:49:09 AM Res wrote:
[P]Can anyone enlighten me...seems Phl has had more than normal baggage problems over the past few days, and they are not all weather related. Seems bags are being put on the wrong aircraft? [/P]----------------[/BLOCKQUOTE]
[P][/P]really...impossible..not phl[BR][BR]

Clt too.....everyday giving hundreds in intrim expense....pax arr on vacation without thier bags.....best part out of sixteen claims the other day....thirteen were z tickets....

I think it is safe to say, with January 5th just around the corner,the employees leaving are using up sick time as they get nothing for their unused sick days.

178 sick calls on Christmas Day in PHL between Customer Service and Rampers. This is not surprising considering upcoming furloughs. I am sure this is contributing to the "misrouted" and "lost" bags.
9.gif']

I haven't had a bag misplaced in quite a while. [BR][BR]For the past year or so, US's record on baggage handling has been stellar as far as DOT is concerned.[BR][BR]Wonder if some folks are trying to transmit a message......

I just want someone in PHL to tell me why the bags
don't get from mainline to express no matter how
much time the psgr has on a connection. Or why a pax can check a bag at PHL's main terminal 2 hrs prior and it still won't make it over to express.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 12/30/2002 9:02:19 PM Hello Newman wrote:

I just want someone in PHL to tell me why the bags
don't get from mainline to express no matter how
much time the psgr has on a connection. Or why a pax can check a bag at PHL's main terminal 2 hrs prior and it still won't make it over to express.

----------------
[/blockquote]
if express is not handled by mainline,you literally have two seperate companies involved...maybe they dont work well together...just a thought.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 12/30/2002 12:49:09 AM Res wrote:

Can anyone enlighten me...seems Phl has had more than normal baggage problems over the past few days, and they are not all weather related. Seems bags are being put on the wrong aircraft?
----------------
[/blockquote]
It took the TSA 55 Minutes to screen 5 bags the other day.
Gee I wonder if..
16.gif']