Phl Baggage

hack73

Advanced
Jan 17, 2003
www.usaviation.com
Talked to a Ramp Supervisor in PHL who worked tonight and he said that there are over 14,000 misconnect bags in the freight dock.Also the secretary of transportation was on the ramp this afternoon and he was very close to shutting down the whole operation!
About 20 maintenance manager from PIT were brought in to work the bagroom,I bet that they enjoyed it!
The crooks from CCY have alot of explaining to do.I guess they were out enjoying their Christmas bonuses this weekend! If history is repeating itself,this is Eastern all over! :eek:

What law would the Secretary of Transportation shut the place down under? Then he could shut down a lot of airlines this week. Had a friend have family members fly in CLT from NCE this week via ATL on AF/DL. None of the four bags showed Thursday. 2 showed Friday, one Saturday, one not all. Is DL going to be shutdown for this or AF banned for flying into the country. Nice try, go try and start some rumor somewhere else. Your help is not needed here, troll.

If he thought there were some major safety issues or FAR violations he could shut it down in a heartbeat. LGA almost had the same thing happen a few years back. FAA inspectors were parked on the ramp observing on a daily basis!!!! CCY does not want these guys on their butts because if they want they can be very hard to please!!!!

N628AU said:
What law would the Secretary of Transportation shut the place down under?

Nice try, go try and start some rumor somewhere else. Your help is not needed here, troll.
[post="232098"][/post]​

You're the troll.

About 200 carts of bags were moved down to air freight to get them away from the terminal. FSA figured it was due to space since three gates were already closed due to carts of bags being stored on them, but management is going around telling people that it was to keep them away from the eyes of the DOT. Management also stated that DOT could pull the companies ticket if it feels that there is a major security issue. IMO the amount of unattended bags scattered throughout the airport is a security issue.

I agree.... the SecDOT should be concerned when a certificated air carrier is unable to maintain basic operational hygiene. It maybe evidence of something else. Yesterday, the delayed and rushed boarding to DCA from PHL due to a lack of gate agents did make me wonder about security procedures.

One weekend of poor operation does not mean the Feds are going to shut the carrier down. If poor operation were a mark to shut someplace down, United would have been shut down in the Summer of 2000. Remember the weekend at US was like every day there for three months.

Get a life trolls.

N628AU said:
One weekend of poor operation does not mean the Feds are going to shut the carrier down. If poor operation were a mark to shut someplace down, United would have been shut down in the Summer of 2000. Remember the weekend at US was like every day there for three months.

Get a life trolls.

United's situation and U's are completely different. United wasn't clinging by their fingernails in the 2nd round of a bankruptsy. This may well be the final nail in U's coffin.

N628AU said:
If poor operation were a mark to shut someplace down, United would have been shut down in the Summer of 2000. Remember the weekend at US was like every day there for three months.
[post="232409"][/post]​
I wouldn't go that far. The summer of y2k was miserable for the customers and
the employees (sans pilots), but it was hardly a daily repeated performance of what happened at USAir the last couple of days. And I'm not making excuses for United. I work there after all. We lost a lot of good customers that summer.

14000 bags sitting around on the tarmac. I'd think that would be a security issue.

hack73 said:
Talked to a Ramp Supervisor in PHL who worked tonight and he said that there are over 14,000 misconnect bags in the freight dock.Also the secretary of transportation was on the ramp this afternoon and he was very close to shutting down the whole operation!
About 20 maintenance manager from PIT were brought in to work the bagroom,I bet that they enjoyed it!
The crooks from CCY have alot of explaining to do.I guess they were out enjoying their Christmas bonuses this weekend! If history is repeating itself,this is Eastern all over! :eek:
[post="232090"][/post]​

I heard they were singing:

14,000 bags in the hall -- 14,000 bags.
You take one down, smash and ship it around, now there are 13,999 bags in the hall.

13,999 bags in the hall -- 13,999 bags.
You take one down, smash and ship it around, now there are 13,998 bags in the hall.

14000 bags on the tarmac should not raise a security issue. Those would be within the secured area and passengers do not have access to them. If it were the case, bags sitting in a cart at a gate would be a security issue as well.

N628AU said:

Get a life trolls.
[post="232409"][/post]​

Summer of 2000 = Pre 9/11

Xmas 2004 = Post 9/11

Security procedures have changed just a bit, don't ya think.

BTW, are you one of the scabs that crossed the line in 1992?

N628AU said:
14000 bags on the tarmac should not raise a security issue. Those would be within the secured area and passengers do not have access to them. If it were the case, bags sitting in a cart at a gate would be a security issue as well.
[post="232453"][/post]​

Did you forget about the thousands of bags sitting on the floor in front of the ticket counter and baggage claim?

EyeInTheSky said:
I heard they were singing:

14,000 bags in the hall -- 14,000 bags.
You take one down, smash and ship it around, now there are 13,999 bags in the hall.

13,999 bags in the hall -- 13,999 bags.
You take one down, smash and ship it around, now there are 13,998 bags in the hall.

Good grief, couldn't they have least sung it to a Christmas tune ;)

Latest posts