Phl Baggage

14,000 unattended bags are not a security problem?

If one blew up, that would be the one not on airport grounds, right?

No planes or people, or anything around. It would be sitting in a cornfield in Kansas, right? That particular bag?

You're damned right the Feds have a reason.

And it's my guess that they WILL do something, bigtime, if they're in the mood.

Any pools starting on their mood?

You are missing the point. There are 14,000 bags in a secured area. Bags are left unattended all the time in secure areas. Go look at Gate B9 between pushes in CLT when no one is out there between flights. Those bags in the carts? They are unattended, but in a secure area, and have puportedly undergone some sort of screening process at passenger checkin.

Unattended baggage is an issue inside the passenger terminal, where passengers may have access to the bags.

Lets say that all those bags where not lost, and actually awaiting flights to leave on out of PHL? Are they still a problem? I fail to see the logic in how they present a security threat whether they are waiting on a flight or misconnected luggage.

N628AU said:
Bags are left unattended all the time
Scary for the general public

They are unattended, but in a secure area, and have puportedly undergone some sort of screening process...

...Purportedly??? Whoopie!

Lets say that all those bags where not lost,..
But they are!

and actually awaiting flights to leave on out of PHL? Are they still a problem? ..

Umm, YEAH??

So if bags sitting on the tarmac waiting for a flight are a problem than I suggest you write your elected officials in Washington and suggest they outlaw all checked baggage.

The more you try to argue your point, the more ignorant you appear to be.

N628AU said:
So if bags sitting on the tarmac waiting for a flight are a problem than I suggest you write your elected officials in Washington and suggest they outlaw all checked baggage.

The more you try to argue your point, the more ignorant you appear to be.
[post="232547"][/post]​

I suggest 14,000 unattended bags left anywhere, including Antarctica, might be a security problem, and the employee calls me ignorant.

Some TV reporters should pick up on this attitude from a US employee.

I am not an employee. Many here can testify to that.

You still have not answered the question as to how 14000 bags in a secured area that have misconnected are any different than bags waiting for connections in a secured area that have not misconnected. Just what number of bags left on the ramp in a secured area are dangerous?