PHL becoming more like ORD

Status
Not open for further replies.

USAirBoyA330

Veteran
Aug 23, 2002
Yeah...clear/hot/humid and SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNINGS FLASHING ACROSS THE TV NEWS. But your right, someone spits o the runway in PHL and everything just comes to a screeching halt.

While the Dave and his cronies may indeed be buffoons, they don''t control the weather and they don''t control ATC. The weather right at the airport may be clear, but what about the route to the airport? You are highlighting the gross ignorance of aviation of the average passenger. You read a few articles in USA Today and you think you know everything there is to know about flying. No wonder you believe airline workers are overpaid. If you don''t like it, take some flying lessons, buy an airplane, and fly yourself into a thunderstorm. If you survive, write back and tell us how you liked it.

A bird farts in Tokyo and UA grounds it''s planes. And it seems that US is going that same route with PHL. I''m sitting here in IAH listening to the gate agents tell the PHL customers that their flight will be delayed because of weather in Philly. I know what you''re going to say, don''t bother. The point of this posting is just my observations that since your boss and his baffoons have releaved PIT of a majority of it''s flight options, those of us that fly US all the time are getting stuck more often. Shades of UA at ORD. After my 2 occurences with UA on Sunday night and Monday morning, I am going to avoid them at all costs now.

Just seems to me that the more US management makes stupid decisions the more irritants they cause. To both employee and customer.

X-U,

I''m still sitting here in IAH reading the postings because I have time to kill!! And PLENTY of Patience. You slay me........titty-baby. Where did you come up with that one??

I''ll give you some personal history so you can be more educated.

Father was a bank vice-president, so I do know about banking. I am in the medical profession and I have TONS of knowledge on how problems are handled when there is an emergency.

Again you miss the point of my posting. It''s not a surprise. I have lots of patience and can sit here all day if I need to. Maybe you should re-read the postings to understand the flow. And yes, PIT customers have complained about the high fares for many years. WHY?! Because of US managements inherent ability to SQUASH the competition that came in to PIT and our (the customers) favortism towards the hometown airline. And because we could get to where we needed to go on US. Those days are a chaning. I know that first hand since I live on USAIRWAYS!!

And thanks for the weather update, Joe Denardo. I am so pleased to know that storms are a comin!! Better grab ToTo and head for the cella!! Oh, don''t forget your ruby slippers.

Looking at the radar for the east coast, I''d say PIT or CLT wouldn''t help you right now. Maybe a connection through Bermuda or even London, England might do it! Good luck to all passengers bound for the east coast.

PORTION DELETED BY MODERATOR.

I am no average aviation passenger. And no I don't happen to think you're overpaid. I happen to know exactly how much US employees make in various areas. And yes I do have my some flight hours under my belt already. Started lessons at the Allegheny County Airport a few years ago.

The major point of my "musings" aka posting was to point out that there was a time if weather caused delays or cancellations, atleast you had opportunity to still get to your destination via PIT or CLT. Now those cronies, to use your words, have gone and caused an ORD effect. I suggest you fly UA sometime to know exactly what that's like. PHL is not the end all, be all to the US route system like Dave would want us to believe. With a varied flight schedule out of the PIT and PHL there is a better chance of moving people through that system instead of creating grief for them. Heck I'd even take CLT over PHL anyday.

Maybe you know more than me about the US way of scheduling flights, but you don't have to affected by them like I do.

And thanks so much for your opinion. It is America and all views are acceptable..... please note the sarcasm here!!

----------------
On 7/22/2003 3:03:47 PM trvlr64 wrote:

PORTION DELETED BY MODERATOR.

I am no average aviation passenger. And no I don't happen to think you're overpaid. I happen to know exactly how much US employees make in various areas. And yes I do have my some flight hours under my belt already. Started lessons at the Allegheny County Airport a few years ago.

The major point of my "musings" aka posting was to point out that there was a time if weather caused delays or cancellations, atleast you had opportunity to still get to your destination via PIT or CLT. Now those cronies, to use your words, have gone and caused an ORD effect. I suggest you fly UA sometime to know exactly what that's like. PHL is not the end all, be all to the US route system like Dave would want us to believe. With a varied flight schedule out of the PIT and PHL there is a better chance of moving people through that system instead of creating grief for them. Heck I'd even take CLT over PHL anyday.

Maybe you know more than me about the US way of scheduling flights, but you don't have to affected by them like I do.

And thanks so much for your opinion. It is America and all views are acceptable..... please note the sarcasm here!!

----------------​

PORTION DELETED BY MODERATOR.. Things don't always go your way.
If you have such a wealth of aviation experience then you know the effects of severe weather on an airplane. It's summer time and that means thunderstorms, in PIT and CLT as well as PHL. What do you do when you have to wait in line at a store or a bank....and the cashier turns on the flashing light to indicate a problem? What about at you doctor's office and he's running late due to emergency surgery? Learn some patience!
As to PIT, the community there has complained for years about the high fares associated with a hub airport. Now the hub will be gone and maybe your fares will drop, but you will have very few non-stops.

CHUCKLING HERE!!! I'm sure that my PIT flight will be delayed too, just because.

Do me a favor, if you're close to the PHL runway, go **** on it for me!! That should really shut things down for a while!!!

• Due to WEATHER, ENRTE TSTMS, departure traffic destined to The William B Hartsfield International Airport, Atlanta, GA (ATL) is currently experiencing delays averaging 1 hour and 52 minutes, with some flights receiving as much as 7 hours and 12 minutes delay.

Due to WX, EN ROUTE TSTMS, departure traffic destined to Newark International Airport, Newark, NJ (EWR) is currently experiencing delays averaging 34 minutes, with some flights receiving as much as 2 hours and 4 minutes delay.

Due to WX, EN ROUTE TSTMS, departure traffic destined to La Guardia Airport, New York, NY (LGA) is currently experiencing delays averaging 56 minutes, with some flights receiving as much as 1 hour and 47 minutes delay.

Due to WEATHER, TSTMS, departure traffic destined to Philadelphia International Airport, Philadelphia, PA (PHL) is currently experiencing delays averaging 1 hour and 27 minutes, with some flights receiving as much as 2 hours and 33 minutes delay.

Due to WEATHER, TSTMS, departure traffic destined to Newark International Airport, Newark, NJ (EWR) will not be allowed to depart until at or after 5:00 pm CDT.

Due to TSTMS, departure traffic destined to Westchester Co Airport, White Plains, NY (HPN) will not be allowed to depart until at or after 5:00 pm CDT.

Due to WEATHER, TSTMS, departure traffic destined to John F Kennedy International Airport, New York, NY (JFK) will not be allowed to depart until at or after 5:00 pm CDT.

Due to WEATHER, TSTMS EN ROUTE, departure traffic destined to La Guardia Airport, New York, NY (LGA) will not be allowed to depart until at or after 5:00 pm CDT.

Due to TSTMS, departure traffic destined to MMU airport will not be allowed to depart until at or after 22:00 UTC.

Due to WEATHER, TSTMS, departure traffic destined to Philadelphia International Airport, Philadelphia, PA (PHL) will not be allowed to depart until at or after 5:00 pm CDT.

Due to WEATHER, TSTMS, departure traffic destined to Teterboro Airport, Teterboro, NJ (TEB) will not be allowed to depart until at or after 5:00 pm CDT.

Glossary of Air Traffic Management Terms - A table containing definitions and/or descriptions of many common Air Traffic Management acronyms.

CLOSE WINDOW

Status
Not open for further replies.