PHL guys messing with West planes/crews?

Another thing to consider that dosent get mentioned alot is maintenance is going to a whole new computer system like res did! Properly completed paperwork is just as important as doing the work its self. Without getting to technical after a job is completed it is entered into the log book and then entered into a computer system. The east uses merlin and the west uses sceptre, on the east side we have transitioned the 757,767 and 330 over but it is still a work in progress for the east mechanics to learn. West paperwork is different and their procedures are different, will take time for the east to get a handle on it. In the mean time the east uses merlin for some fleet types and sceptre for others and it can get confusing at times which codes need to be entered for what transactions. The bottom line is sceptre is cheaper than merlin so thats why the company chose it and the training has been an absolute joke. I personally dont use sceptre very often where Im at now so those on the east who use it alot tell us your opinions of it, on the surface it seems like your going backwards!

Thank God the Mechanics do check the A/C.

HP doesn't have the world's greatest track record with naintenance having been fined and nearly grounded.

Besides how does a Flight Attendent know what the mechs do is "white glove" where or when did they get their A & P License?

Given HP's prior record I think the customers in PHL should thank the mechs for their attention to detail and ensuring the publics safety. They have the FAA rules for a reason.

Or would you rather entrust your life to the folks who did the mtc on the B1900 that met it's fate in CLT a few years back?? If HP can't fix them, then they shouldn't leave PHL until they're airworthy. Nice to see someone minding the store.

To all of the mechanics thanks for the attention to detail. Keep up the good work and again thanks for keeping me and all of the others safe.

PB - there is a little brown spot on your nose you might want to clear.

How good is the Maintenance in San Salvador where HP gets their A320 family A/C overhauled?

US overhauls their own A320 Family Planes.

How good is the Maintenance in San Salvador where HP gets their A320 family A/C overhauled?

US overhauls their own A320 Family Planes.
How do you know American mechanics aren't working our C checks in El Salvador? Why does that seem to be a problem?

Aeroman overhauls the planes, part of TACA airlines, seriously doubt americans are working there, except maybe the one need to sign off the work.

Just looked at their pics online, if they are american they sure have a hell of a tan and hispanic heritage.

Aeroman overhauls the planes, part of TACA airlines, seriously doubt americans are working there, except maybe the one need to sign off the work.

Just looked at their pics online, if they are american they sure have a hell of a tan and hispanic heritage.
Maybe you are predjudice! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Besides how does a Flight Attendent know what the mechs do is "white glove" where or when did they get their A & P License?

sky high states: That's a bit insulting. I dont have a "Pilot's license", but I DO KNOW how to shut down the engines on a 737. These are our coworkers, we mingle, we observe, we WORK TOGETHER.

ONLY stating opinions

Nope, just believe American based planes should be overhauled by the airlines that fly them.

Bet you did not know foreign based MROs and their employees are not subject to drug testing, dont have to read english(by the way all manuals are produced in english) and the same background check as US based AMTs.

Things that make you go HMMMM.

I had to ride the jump seat on a AWA 320 SEA-PHL red eye yesterday morning. Typical but odd PHL problem...

We pulled up to the gate and there was a pickup truck with it's back half parked over the red wing area safety line. It wasn't a ramp vehicle and apparently nobody had any idea who's it was. There were no keys in it and I guess the brake was set. Anyhow, we waited in the alley for 25 minutes while all kinds of supervisors and what not wandered around wondering what to do. Finally they got the tug from that gate and rammed the truck past the line. Got to love PHL.

I had to ride the jump seat on a AWA 320 SEA-PHL red eye yesterday morning. Typical but odd PHL problem...

We pulled up to the gate and there was a pickup truck with it's back half parked over the red wing area safety line. It wasn't a ramp vehicle and apparently nobody had any idea who's it was. There were no keys in it and I guess the brake was set. Anyhow, we waited in the alley for 25 minutes while all kinds of supervisors and what not wandered around wondering what to do. Finally they got the tug from that gate and rammed the truck past the line. Got to love PHL.
It was DoUgIe's Truck, he ran into the Terminal for a Cold One.

To all of the mechanics thanks for the attention to detail. Keep up the good work and again thanks for keeping me and all of the others safe.

Somehow I don't see a faulty lav level indicator being a big maintenance issue. If that is all they could find wrong with the plane then your argument doesn't hold very much credibility.

sky high states: That's a bit insulting. I dont have a "Pilot's license", but I DO KNOW how to shut down the engines on a 737. These are our coworkers, we mingle, we observe, we WORK TOGETHER.
ONLY stating opinions

And my dog can turn off the lights in a room.

He knows the end result but knows nothing of what he has done.

He dosent have a dog license let alone a electricans lecense.