PHL GSE UPDATE

allstrike

Veteran
Oct 12, 2005
We it was official on apr 11th GSE manager L.Maddox in formed the shop that usairways has tried to hire mechanics at the starting rate of 15.00hr or so with no benifits and no one will take the jobs.And since there is not enough people and equipt or facilities to do the work needed,and the contract states(your contract says I can send it out so I am)more work is being sent out.
Engine changes,transmission changes,and things that cant be painted with a paint roller,trucks vans etc will be sent out (paint shop gave away last go round) along with select body work.
Work that should have been done this past winter has been backed up do to the fact that most of the shops efforts have been in keeping the equipt running or putting it back together literally in to peice after select members of the infamous PHL ramp and contract labor has done its best to destroy it.
The new equipt from Tugg has been a bust,it turned out to be junk,and is in constant work under warrenty,or has been wrecked by (ramp or contract labor)take your pick. One big problem seems to be that the tuggs came with a fuel tank rated for 8hrs running time and we work 16 or better a day,the tanks have a strainer in them and keeps getting clogged with algie that has grown in the untreated fuel causing pump cavitation.Also they run out of fuel alot,fuelers only fuel on time a day in PHL,(more contract work).
FMC the company that supplies our container loaders will be sending a crew to PHL to assist in getting the loaders up and running by june first.We will see how this works out for the new usairways.
And were is our union..well i dought they will even be called.Whats the point..anyway. :down: :down: :down:

Work that should have been done this past winter has been backed up do to the fact that most of the shops efforts have been in keeping the equipt running or putting it back together literally in to peice after select members of the infamous PHL ramp and contract labor has done its best to destroy it.

While there's no denying that a few FSA treat the equipment like crap, the vast majority doesn't. The company has bought some real POS equipment at times (hummers) and they were doomed to break from the start. However, PHL GSE sucks, and has for quite a few years. Most of the mechanics I've dealt with over the years from GSE were lazy and arrogant. They couldn't care less.

The first thing the company should have contracted out was PHL GSE, and that's a pretty sad thing for a Union man to say.

(Flame suit on)

While there's no denying that a few FSA treat the equipment like crap, the vast majority doesn't. The company has bought some real POS equipment at times (hummers) and they were doomed to break from the start. However, PHL GSE sucks, and has for quite a few years. Most of the mechanics I've dealt with over the years from GSE were lazy and arrogant. They couldn't care less.

The first thing the company should have contracted out was PHL GSE, and that's a pretty sad thing for a Union man to say.

(Flame suit on)

Ya it goes with the JOB,whats the point no one else does.

Send out west, I hear they have the room and manpower, oh.. and they know how to fix Tug